SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

33 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

If that point comes I'm gonna have some fun with it. I've always wanted to see what I look like with a mohawk. I'll only disappoint myself and my neighbors at least. 

I’m considering dyeing mine and slicking it up with some Dapper Dan.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I'm coming up on 7 weeks. My wife keeps joking that she'll do it for free. I don't trust her. 

It'll grow back. And if it's really bad you can post a pic here to cheer us all up.....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

If that point comes I'm gonna have some fun with it. I've always wanted to see what I look like with a mohawk. I'll only disappoint myself and my neighbors at least. 

You see the story of the 96 yo WWII VET that got a mohawk?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/18/us/guy-whidden-mohawk-wwii-vet-trnd/index.html

I have had long hair before, this time it is just gray. Doesn't bother me much. I have decided that since I am now working at home (finally!), I can see what i look like with a full beard. That is if the wife doesn't kick me out of bed before it grows in, 

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Admin Team

A barrel of West Texas Intermediate crude for May delivery settled at -$37.63 today.

That is, a barrel of crude oil (42 gallons) which was around $60 in January - would now require a trader pay a buyer? $37.63 to accept it.

It fell 250 percent today.

I literally had a conversation with my wife last night to the order of, "there's no way we should invest in oil right now - but at $16/barrel - that's below anything we've seen in our lifetimes."

• Like 1
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

A barrel of West Texas Intermediate crude for May delivery settled at -$37.63 today.

That is, a barrel of crude oil (42 gallons) which was around $60 in January - would now require a trader pay a buyer? $37.63 to accept it.

I literally had a conversation with my wife last night to the order of, "there's no way we should invest in oil right now - but at $16/barrel - that's below anything we've seen in our lifetimes."

I do not like what this portends for the Dollar. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

That's terrifying. Any good oil ETF's to suggest?

• Admin Team
17 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

That's terrifying. Any good oil ETF's to suggest?

Mind you - this is pretty much always true - but there are two groups of people from which you should never accept investment advice - politicians and people on the internet.

This is a rare case where investing in futures could literally get you a lot more than you bargained for.  That is - they're futures contracts and someone has to take physical delivery of the stuff. There are some edge cases here where that third Friday in May comes around and you have to figure out where you want to take delivery of your crude oil.

Accepting delivery seems to be the major issue right now - everyone's reserve stores are basically at capacity - there's nowhere to put it.

• Haha 1
  • Admin Team
9 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I do not like what this portends for the Dollar. 

We're getting to a place pretty quick where a whole lot of systems that have always been otherwise generally reliable - suddenly don't work anymore.

The second and third order effects of all of this are unknown. And they're really scary.

• Like 2
  • Admin Team

It's probably worth noting as well the number of regimes in this world where their whole economies are banked by oil exports.  

All that is falling apart right now - and you may see some folks get awfully squirrelly.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
25 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

It's probably worth noting as well the number of regimes in this world where their whole economies are banked by oil exports.  Not 

All that is falling apart right now - and you may see some folks get awfully squirrelly.

This old Dan Harmon tweet seems to be more appropriate than ever before. 

mywIG4j.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone noticed gas prices in TN(or at least Knoxville) haven't dropped as much as other states? We've been stuck around $1.70 all month in Lenoir City. Many other states are down to $1.00.

I guess there is still enough demand from I40/75 to keep prices from plummeting?

Just now, Erik88 said:

Has anyone noticed gas prices in TN(or at least Knoxville) haven't dropped as much as other states? We've been stuck around $1.70 all month in Lenoir City. Many other states are down to $1.00.

I guess there is still enough demand from I40/75 to keep prices from plummeting?

$1.45 / gallon at Pilot last Friday. Cheapest I've paid since 2001. 

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

$1.50s up Kingston Pike and I bought at Costco for $1.35 Friday. 

3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

When the boys were small, I would buzz their hair in the summer. First, I would make them a mohawk. They loved it. It didn’t stay very long, however, until mama made me finish the job.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Stopped at the Kroger in Maryville this afternoon. Gas was $1.39. And I got another $0.50 off for Kroger points.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, MacGyver said:

We're getting to a place pretty quick where a whole lot of systems that have always been otherwise generally reliable - suddenly don't work anymore.

The second and third order effects of all of this are unknown. And they're really scary.

Stress tests are supposed to be academic exercises...we're seeing a real world application.

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Local taxes?