SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

16 hours ago, Garufa said:

I honestly don’t think we’ve seen the worst of it yet...and I’m an optimist. 

The layoffs and furloughs are just beginning.

Depending on how fast things get turned back on, definitely. Lots of industries (mine included) tend to lag behind these major swings by a few months. We've spent the last 2 months working through our backlog, but now it'll be slow for several months while things spool back up again. 

For what it's worth, I've seen a couple of studies now showing a strong correlation between vitamin D deficiency and the severity of Covid 19 symptoms. It seems that something like 60% of Americans are deficient in D, 98% of deaths are deficient in D, and 87% of hospitalizations are deficient in D. 

A doctor in Turkey is studying 100 people to see if vitamin D is also a preventive, but the study won't end until July 31.

Since vitamin D has other health benefits, I take a 5,000 IU gel cap of D3 every day. There are some rare risks if you have certain preexisting conditions, but you can research that online. 

• Like 2

I'm curious to see where all the social distancing, disinfecting, etc. ends up. Seems to me that going totally nuts about cleaning could cause worse pandemics down the road. Herd immunity is best established by exposure. Vaccines are a big thing here, but not so much globally. 

• Like 3

Those companies knew what they were doing when they did it. Was it criminal? Probably not, due to clear rules not being outlined. They just didn’t expect the President and the media to out them publicly.

That’s what happens when you quickly legislate to pass out free money. It may be necessary to come back and change the rules because some dirt bags will try to take advantage and justify it by saying “That’s business”.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, jgradyc said:

For what it's worth, I've seen a couple of studies now showing a strong correlation between vitamin D deficiency and the severity of Covid 19 symptoms. It seems that something like 60% of Americans are deficient in D, 98% of deaths are deficient in D, and 87% of hospitalizations are deficient in D. 

A doctor in Turkey is studying 100 people to see if vitamin D is also a preventive, but the study won't end until July 31.

Since vitamin D has other health benefits, I take a 5,000 IU gel cap of D3 every day. There are some rare risks if you have certain preexisting conditions, but you can research that online. 

Evidence continues to mount that vitamin D deficiency strongly correlates to prevalence and severity of Covid 19 cases. Vitamin D deficiency is greater among the obese, the elderly, and Blacks, all of whom have been hit harder than other groups. I am stunned that Fauci and the WHO aren't suggesting that this *might* help. Please help spread the word on Facebook and other forums. People are dying while Fauci and the WHO drag their feet. Fauci seems more concerned about his legacy than saving lives. 

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/05/04/vitamin-d3-and-the-chinese-virus-coronavirus/

• Like 1
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, jgradyc said:

Evidence continues to mount that vitamin D deficiency strongly correlates to prevalence and severity of Covid 19 cases. Vitamin D deficiency is greater among the obese, the elderly, and Blacks, all of whom have been hit harder than other groups. I am stunned that Fauci and the WHO aren't suggesting that this *might* help. Please help spread the word on Facebook and other forums. People are dying while Fauci and the WHO drag their feet. Fauci seems more concerned about his legacy than saving lives. 

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/05/04/vitamin-d3-and-the-chinese-virus-coronavirus/

My wife, an RN with extensive clinical experience, started everyone in the family on Vitamin D supplements two months ago.  I just did as I was told and took the pill each morning.  I'm glad she was right, but I'll  never admit that to her.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, jgradyc said:

Started adding it to my multi-vitamin regimen, this morning, because of your post.  Thank you!!!

• Moderators
4 hours ago, TGO David said:

My wife, an RN with extensive clinical experience, started everyone in the family on Vitamin D supplements two months ago.  I just did as I was told and took the pill each morning.  I'm glad she was right, but I'll  never admit that to her.  ;)

I sent her a message for ya! 

My Dr has had me on vitamin D supplement for years. Said it is one of the best supplements you can take for health. 

Edited by TripleGGG
On 5/1/2020 at 7:17 PM, DaveTN said:

EDIT: Today at Kayleigh McEnany’s first briefing as press secretary, a reporter commented on if Trumps tweet calling them “Very good people”. He said they included heavily armed people, and members of militia groups, and said he wondered if the President was speaking about those specific members that stormed the Capitol when he talked about “very good people”.

Dang man, how do these idiots get in that room?

In many states (including the Northwest where I am from, or was until recently) it is actually perfectly legal to bring guns into the Assembly rooms and into the Capitol building.  I find it strange, but Southern states have pretty strict laws forbidding guns from being on state government property. That is not the case in many other regions.    

Edited by 4Freedom
5 hours ago, TGO David said:

My wife, an RN with extensive clinical experience, started everyone in the family on Vitamin D supplements two months ago.  I just did as I was told and took the pill each morning.  I'm glad she was right, but I'll  never admit that to her;)

That is ok, we have ya now.

Wish I had a dime for every time I admitted that.

Edited by RED333
Because I can

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-from-sun#bottom-line

Regular sun exposure is the most natural way to get enough vitamin D.

To maintain healthy blood levels, aim to get 10–30 minutes of midday sunlight, several times per week. People with darker skin may need a little more than this. Your exposure time should depend on how sensitive your skin is to sunlight. Just make sure not to burn.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, bud said:

I think a person makes plenty of VitaminD the natural way in about 10 minutes in your undies in the bright sun.

Why do we fight the design so hard? 

I’d be full commando out back in the sun if there was a bit more privacy where I live.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, 4Freedom said:

In many states (including the Northwest where I am from, or was until recently) it is actually perfectly legal to bring guns into the Assembly rooms and into the Capitol building.  I find it strange, but Southern states have pretty strict laws forbidding guns from being on state government property. That is not the case in many other regions.    

When one understands the relationship between gun control and the black codes, this isn’t so surprising. Of course while we may have some holdovers from our less than racially sensitive pasts, if you listen to the arguments being made for gun control by Yankees up north and squint, their clothes seem to get a whole lot whiter and flow-y, to the point of being almost robe-like. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

When one understands the relationship between control and the black codes, this isn’t so surprising. Of course while we may have some holdovers from our less than racially sensitive pasts, if you listen to the arguments being made for gun control by Yankees up north and squint, their clothes seem to get a whole lot whiter and flow-y, to the point of being almost robe-like. 

I am no fan of the Yankees up North either..   Whereas the South I think has been loosening its gun laws , the Northern states have been making them more restrictive.. Vermont went from Libertarian to Authoritarian, for example.   But, some of these laws go way back.   I would think some restrictions may have to do with the South being part of the Older America versus being a more Pioneer independent mentality of some Western and Midwestern states.  Of course, many of Western states are being plagued with Californiziation (aka Californication). The Northeastern states are pretty similar in banning guns on government property, except for exceptions like New Hampshire.  New Hampshire is completely different than any other Northeastern state.  

I am from the Pacific Northwest and before all the Californians moved up there and changed all our laws to be more like their failed state, it was a very Live and Let LIve mentality. People just wanted the government out of their business and we had very low taxes, loose gun laws and there was still that pioneer mentality.  Also, many of people who settled the part of Oregon I came from actually were pioneers from Kentucky, Tennessee and many other Southern states.  Southern Oregon, where I am from, has a very strange history..  

I also was just clarifying that it is perfectly legal in many Midwestern and Western states to bring your guns to a protest at a State Capital building.  Usually people do it for anti-gun legislation type protests. I think it is absurd to go and bring your guns into a Capitol building to protest a non-firearm related issue.   Obviously, the media will spin this as it was a bunch of terrorists.  If government was going around arresting people at random, shooting dissenters and other heinous acts, then an armed protest would make more sense to me.  

Edited by 4Freedom
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

When one understands the relationship between gun control and the black codes, this isn’t so surprising. Of course while we may have some holdovers from our less than racially sensitive pasts, if you listen to the arguments being made for gun control by Yankees up north and squint, their clothes seem to get a whole lot whiter and flow-y, to the point of being almost robe-like. 

Some of the worst racists that I have ever met were from up north and California. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
50 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Some of the worst racists that I have ever met were from up north and California. 

Yup. We were forced to deal with our messes openly in a way they never were. I believe that allowed us to make a lot more progress on dealing with those issues. The northern cities didn’t go through that as much as therefore are still highly segregated and the amount of casual racism that can show itself is frankly quite shocking at times. 

• Like 1