SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) — Tennessee’s Economic Recovery Group announced Friday that it will lift capacity restrictions on restaurants and retail effective May 22 and will issue guidelines for allowing large, non-contact attractions to reopen on or after May 22.

The group said it will shift its focus to social distancing best practices and will issue new Tennessee Pledge guidelines early next week.

Six counties — Sullivan, Shelby, Madison, Davidson, Hamilton, and Knox — will continue to follow their individual, county-specific reopening plans. :censored:

https://www.wjhl.com/local-coronavirus-coverage/tennessee-to-lift-capacity-restrictions-on-retail-and-restaurants-allow-large-attractions-to-open/

• Like 2
1 hour ago, xsubsailor said:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) — Tennessee’s Economic Recovery Group announced Friday that it will lift capacity restrictions on restaurants and retail effective May 22 and will issue guidelines for allowing large, non-contact attractions to reopen on or after May 22.

The group said it will shift its focus to social distancing best practices and will issue new Tennessee Pledge guidelines early next week.

Six counties — Sullivan, Shelby, Madison, Davidson, Hamilton, and Knox — will continue to follow their individual, county-specific reopening plans. :censored:

https://www.wjhl.com/local-coronavirus-coverage/tennessee-to-lift-capacity-restrictions-on-retail-and-restaurants-allow-large-attractions-to-open/

Knox carries on.  Compliance is about nil depending on where you go and what time of day it is.  Many wear masks but they are a small minority... especially at convenience stores...and restaurants opening back up.

This government cat herding experiment is rapidly falling apart. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Raoul said:

You guys never cease to amaze.

How so?  I run around with a goddamn mask in my car and on my face if ever have to go somewhere where other people are.  Finally found a pittance of hand sanitizer the other day that I can use  after going about amongst the unwashed. 

My paranoia level was at about 2 out of 10 before this started.  Now I’m one of the sheep.  To hell with all this.  What happens when the next virus comes around?

Somewhere between reason and reality we have all been manipulated....and not for some noble purpose of saving lives.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
28 minutes ago, Garufa said:

How so?  

Maybe because the previous person was celebrating people not social distancing or using masks. I found that to be very odd. I'm happy things are opening back up but I still don't want people all up in my space, pandemic or not. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Maybe because the previous person was celebrating people not social distancing or using masks. I found that to be very odd. I'm happy things are opening back up but I still don't want people all up in my space, pandemic or not. 

What I think is that we are all at a loss as to how to proceed. We all have friends and family and we can't really figure out how to take care of them. This is not how most of us here deal with things. We tend to be proactive and this damn virus is making us be reactive. You can't shoot an invading virus. Those of you who are religious should definitely rely on the strength God can supply. Those who aren't need to figure out how to reconcile the risk and step up for your families.

There's an old Chinese curse..... "May you live in interesting times" .

All y'all need to be smart and take care of your own. Remember...the dude abides.

9 hours ago, Garufa said:

How so?  I run around with a goddamn mask in my car and on my face if ever have to go somewhere where other people are.  Finally found a pittance of hand sanitizer the other day that I can use  after going about amongst the unwashed. 

My paranoia level was at about 2 out of 10 before this started.  Now I’m one of the sheep.  To hell with all this.  What happens when the next virus comes around?

Somewhere between reason and reality we have all been manipulated....and not for some noble purpose of saving lives.

I am in and out of restaurants and food stores all day, some are wearing mask and some are not. I have a mask as well, but do not wear it unless asked. I do carry alcohol and Clorox wipes to clean up with after I leave. I wash my hands going in and in between and going out.

• Like 2

Well, ain't this a surprise :whistle:

Colorado has made a stunning and significant change to the way it counts COVID-19 deaths that reduced the statewide figure from more than 1,000 to 878, according to a report.

The change came after Colorado’s Department of Public Health admitted that its COVID-19 death toll was counting those who tested positive for the coronavirus but had died of other causes, Fox 31 Denver reported late Friday.

The department now says 1,150 Coloradoans who died had COVID-19 but only 878 of those deaths were “due to” COVID-19.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-lowers-coronavirus-death-count

6 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

Colorado has made a stunning and significant change to the way it counts COVID-19 deaths that reduced the statewide figure from more than 1,000 to 878, according to a report.

The change came after Colorado’s Department of Public Health admitted that its COVID-19 death toll was counting those who tested positive for the coronavirus but had died of other causes, Fox 31 Denver reported late Friday.

The department now says 1,150 Coloradoans who died had COVID-19 but only 878 of those deaths were “due to” COVID-19.

Manipulating numbers to keep the sheeple in fear and in check ? I'm sure it was an honest mistake 😂👍🖕

• Like 1
2 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

So, the guy who sneezed while on a ladder, fell off, broke his neck, died, didn't die of Kung-Flu...

Edited by AuEagle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

Manipulating numbers to keep the sheeple in fear and in check ? I'm sure it was an honest mistake 😂👍🖕

Or manipulating them to give the sheeple a false sense that things are getting better than they are.

- OS

• Like 2

To me, I am appalled at how ill prepared the CDC (Redfield) and the National Institute for Allergies and Infectious Disease (Fauci) were for this pandemic. The CDC (Hint: Center for Disease Control) had one job and they blew it. They're barely even in the discussion. Fauci seems to be leading the effort, but Fauci has been Director of the NIAID since 1984! The guy is a dinosaur using the same approach he used for AIDS 30 years ago! Remdesidir is a joke. It only helps AFTER hospitalization and only provides benefits that are marginally significant. And the hype about vaccinations is equally frustrating. Even if they find a vaccination, which is still debatable, I'm not taking a vaccination and millions of others won't either. 

To me, the best approach is boosting the immune system of the entire population. That's surprisingly EASY to do... exercise, lose weight, eat healthy, and take supplements shown to boost the immune system and provide antiviral protection. You might be thinking, "Oh that would be really hard to do." Actually, if we threw a few hundred billion dollars at the problem, most people would come around, either by the carrot or the stick. In fact, millions would start doing this on their own if only our medical professionals would start talking about the benefits of proactive health, instead of wasting time talking about vaccinations. 

Since I last posted on vitamin deficiencies, more studies are showing a correlation between vitamin D deficiency and the severity of Covid 19. Vitamin D also helps suppress the cytokine storm that is a primary killer with Covid 19. 

I've started going to the NY Times OpEd page and posting about vitamin D in the comments section on articles on Covid 19. Maybe, just maybe, some journalist will take the ball and run with it... goodness knows, our medical experts aren't doing it. 

Here's one of those new studies. It's database is ~445 million people so you'd think it would be big enough to get Fauci's attention. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40520-020-01570-8

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jgradyc said:

Since I last posted on vitamin deficiencies, more studies are showing a correlation between vitamin D deficiency and the severity of Covid 19. Vitamin D also helps suppress the cytokine storm that is a primary killer with Covid 19. 

I've started going to the NY Times OpEd page and posting about vitamin D in the comments section on articles on Covid 19. Maybe, just maybe, some journalist will take the ball and run with it... goodness knows, our medical experts aren't doing it. 

It's not being pushed because there's no money to be made through people taking Vitamin D.    

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Shorty said:

I doubt it once most of the new people realize it's not as simple as just putting a lure in the water.

The rise in popularity has little to do with fish and a lot to do with getting away from family. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Admin Team

I drove twelve and a half hours to south Texas for a case this week.  I got back on Friday evening and was talking with one of my neighbors while I was on a walk.  She said, “you drove 12 hours? Wait.  Nevermind, I’d gladly get in my car and drive 12 hours by myself right now.”

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

The whiskey bottle?

Well, that’s behind the bar. For the record, it’s Tullamore D.E.W.. My big thing is that I was out, in public, having a drink for the first time in months. It was wonderful. 

• Like 1