SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, bud said:

If hydroxychloroquine and zinc turn out to be a viable preventative measure, then Trump should have his face added to Mount Rushmore.

Wonderful and ballsy move being the poster child.

That would save the country and the world trillions and trillions and gazillions.

I aint no Trump fan boy, but by God Im pulling hard for him in this match.

I think that if one digs deep enough, they will find that big pharma is behind a lot of the criticism. They don't want a generic drug that has been used for scores of years to be the solution everyone seeks. They want to come up with their custom cocktails so they can charge out the butt for it. And even though criticism is coming from doctors people need to remember two things: the majority of doctors make their money solely off of pushing drugs, and big pharma is known to use the AMA to pressure their doctors to accomplish their agenda.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I think that if one digs deep enough, they will find that big pharma is behind a lot of the criticism. They don't want a generic drug that has been used for scores of years to be the solution everyone seeks. They want to come up with their custom cocktails so they can charge out the butt for it. And even though criticism is coming from doctors people need to remember two things: the majority of doctors make their money solely off of pushing drugs, and big pharma is known to use the AMA to pressure their doctors to accomplish their agenda.

Ladies and gentleman, we have a winner!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, bud said:

If hydroxychloroquine and zinc turn out to be a viable preventative measure, then Trump should have his face added to Mount Rushmore.

I'm not 100% sure he's taking it.  Lying about something to push a result (further research in this case) while not increasing his risk profile is well within his historical pattern.

And if he is taking it, it's hard to quantify that it's working as a preventative measure.  He's not exactly in a clinical trial, despite how well monitored his health is by the White House Medical Unit.

• Like 2
On 4/30/2020 at 8:42 AM, gregintenn said:

Well, let me ask it this way...How much is enough? Nearly half of my household income goes to one tax or another.

Some politicians would like your check to go to the government and they would give you the amount they choose.

Since we were previously discussing the Mayor of Nashville wanting to raise taxes, I thought this was interesting. The city of Knoxville released their budget, with no tax increases. 

Key words- "Years of responsible stewardship of taxpayer dollars affords us the ability to weather the economic implications of this storm without furloughing staff, cutting services, or deferring maintenance of critical infrastructure,” she said.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/no-new-taxes-knoxville-mayor-kincannon-releases-first-budget-proposal-announces-covid-19-recovery-fund/51-9c4e2471-ce56-4aec-87c1-146b171da45e

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

You're really going to force me to agree with a Canadian?  Really?

There's a bit of an inside joke there as my employer's largest facility is in Winnipeg. They run the IT infrastructure which the rest of the corporate world generally hates.  My standard reaction when something goes wrong is that its a feature,  not a bug. They told us they thoroughly debugged it, so everything it does must be a feature. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, peejman said:

There's a bit of an inside joke there as my employer's largest facility is in Winnipeg. They run the IT infrastructure which the rest of the corporate world generally hates.  My standard reaction when something goes wrong is that its a feature,  not a bug. They told us they thoroughly debugged it, so everything it does must be a feature. 

At a former employer, we commonly refereed to those as "unintended features" much to the dismay of the programming staff that shared the same space. LOL Sad thing was that I had as much of a programming background as any of them because they all were 20 somethings. So when i sent in a ticket related to software issues, I often attached a breakdown of where it happened in the code and a sample of how to fix it. That just got things done quicker. Not that I ever got thanked for it. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Since we were previously discussing the Mayor of Nashville wanting to raise taxes, I thought this was interesting. The city of Knoxville released their budget, with no tax increases. 

Key words- "Years of responsible stewardship of taxpayer dollars affords us the ability to weather the economic implications of this storm without furloughing staff, cutting services, or deferring maintenance of critical infrastructure,” she said.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/no-new-taxes-knoxville-mayor-kincannon-releases-first-budget-proposal-announces-covid-19-recovery-fund/51-9c4e2471-ce56-4aec-87c1-146b171da45e

It's kind of an apples to oranges thing.  While I applaud Knoxville for their actions, Nashville is too dependent on tourism, events, and restaurants that the impact of COVID-19 was drastically different between the two cities.  There was just no way for Nashville to avoid the standing 8 count they'll soon be facing. 

That's not to say I approve of how Metro was running the budget from the Barry/Briley issues that made things bad before they got worse.  It's just a tale of two cities in how CornonMania messed up the revenue streams.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, bud said:

Essential workers have all just been alerted...

Social Distancing has now been changed to 7 Feet (7')...

All Amazon packages must now stay in your garage for 4 days. (48 hours)...

And we are all still in this togeher.

I have no idea if you are joking or passing along valid information, but I just wanted to point out that 4 days is 96 hours.

• Haha 2
On 5/19/2020 at 12:09 PM, bud said:

That would save the country and the world trillions and trillions and gazillions.

I aint no Trump fan boy, but by God Im pulling hard for him in this match.

I think I'll trust the experts before listening to Trump.

image.png.f5c0230630257f479d52e566bb3e63f9.png

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/health/us-coronavirus-friday/index.html

• Admin Team

Some thought from my time on the road over the last couple of weeks - because somebody has to do something we get paid for. 

Last week I was in south Texas. I spent some one in rural Mississippi this week.  I would be surprised if anyone in the county I was in would admit publicly to voting for Hillary. 

I went into a restaurant that had been allowed to reopen, but by the time I went in around 7:00PM, the lady working the counter told me, “the state of Mississippi tells us we can have up to 10 people in here; you’re the fourth we’ve had all day.”

I got in a client’s truck to drive across To the other side of their factory, and as he gave me some hand sanitizer as we got in he expressed frustration at how hard it was to feel like they could give their 100ish employees good information. This is a company that is deeply committed to doing the right thing for its people. He said among other things that, “it’s clear Trump isn’t dealing straight with us.” 

I’ve stayed in 3 hotels now where I was the only guest.  This week (in a smaller hotel) they just left a key for me, gave me the code to the front door, and told me to make myself at home and call if I needed anything.

Meaningful economic recovery isn’t going to happen until we either get this thing under control or we get data, testing, and contact tracing we feel like we can really trust. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, alleycat72 said:

I would lick random strangers in Nashville before I would believe CNN. I'm also not taking that s#$t either.  

CNN didn't conduct the study. I'm sure you can find the same info on other outlets. I'll lick random strangers in Nashville before I take medical advice from our President. If you find him to be credible I'm sure you can start taking his miracle drug. 

Edited by Erik88
2 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

CNN didn't conduct the study. I'm sure you can find the same info on other outlets. I'll lick random strangers in Nashville before I take medical advice from our President. If you find him to be credible I'm sure you can start taking his miracle drug. 

Just said i would not. I can highlight that part for you.