SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

• Admin Team
1 hour ago, bud said:

I fail to see where or how "this thing" is out of control.

All i've seen are a bunch of untrustworthy numbers of dead, most in NY, CA, and PA, while the only demonstrable group of people at risk, the old in nursing homes, havent been protected and have represented the majority of deaths.

What this thing needs, is to be over. But that cant happen because of the legal ramifications.

Cant believe the fear mongering is still going on.

Maybe it's not out of control.

All I can report is what I'm seeing after two weeks on the road through 5 states. Outside of Baton Rouge, LA, the conditions do not seem to exist where people are comfortable resuming their prior activities at any meaningful level.

On an encouraging note, I am seeing a lot of other small business owners who are scrambling, looking out for their people, and trying to figure out a way through this.  

3 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Maybe it's not out of control.

All I can report is what I'm seeing after two weeks on the road through 5 states. Outside of Baton Rouge, LA, the conditions do not seem to exist where people are comfortable resuming their prior activities at any meaningful level.

On an encouraging note, I am seeing a lot of other small business owners who are scrambling, looking out for their people, and trying to figure out a way through this.  

Trust, confidence, and credibility... very easy to lose, very hard to regain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I run around the middle TN area working at diff places I do ask if things are picking up, and all say YES. A few tell me things are better than before the shut down. We are still on limited hours, but things are picking up just a bit.

• Like 2
  • Admin Team

I talked to a client this week that’s a powersports dealership. They just had their best month ever.  For the month of April, the sold 485 vehicles.  The said they had whole families coming in with their stimulus checks. They sold every bike, ATV, and watercraft they had in stock.  They were literally cleaned out. 

They said it’ll even out in a month or two when they won’t be able to get inventory due to the factory shutdowns. But they sure did alright while they had stock. 

2 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I talked to a client this week that’s a powersports dealership. They just had their best month ever.  For the month of April, the sold 485 vehicles.  The said they had whole families coming in with their stimulus checks. They sold every bike, ATV, and watercraft they had in stock.  They were literally cleaned out. 

They said it’ll even out in a month or two when they won’t be able to get inventory due to the factory shutdowns. But they sure did alright while they had stock. 

What is this stimulus check of which you speak?

• Admin Team
2 minutes ago, Raoul said:

What is this stimulus check of which you speak?

Right?

Though I must say - these folks definitely got their checks and spent it in their local economy. I expect that’s about as close to “stimulus” as one could cook up. 

5 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Right?

Though I must say - these folks definitely got their checks and spent it in their local economy. I expect that’s about as close to “stimulus” as one could cook up. 

And I somehow thought I was These folks. Guess I just got stuck with the bill. All y'all are welcome.

• Moderators

As I run around the country, I’m seeing a places running to the limits allowed by the government. 

I think the key to getting the folks who are hiding at home back out will be getting the media to stop doing its best to induce panic in the population. 

Well if I don't work I don't eat. I'm self employed and I have been very careful about the assignments I've taken. But.....sooner than later I will have to be more careful and less picky about what I do. Not a good position to be in.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

I wonder how many financed their $10k quad for 5 years at 10%?

My wife's friend just bought a new $65k boat. They said the marina wouldn't negotiate at all. They paid full sticker price. Apparently enough people are buying boats that they didn't have to give a discount. That blew my mind. 

Stimulus checks are still coming. I just got one for my Mother forwarded to me. She died last August. I was hoping that they had figured out that they didn't need to send one. At least they know their system is broke, there is a box on the front to check that says drop back in mail after checking if deceased.

1 minute ago, Jeb48 said:

Stimulus checks are still coming. I just got one for my Mother forwarded to me. She died last August. I was hoping that they had figured out that they didn't need to send one. At least they know their system is broke, there is a box on the front to check that says drop back in mail after checking if deceased.

Oh I see lots taking advantage of tgat if they feel they can get away with it..

• Admin Team
1 hour ago, Raoul said:

And I somehow thought I was These folks. Guess I just got stuck with the bill. All y'all are welcome.

I’ve not gotten a refund in 15 years.  I thought we might be left out, as they didn’t have a bank account to direct deposit and their site to check status didn’t work for weeks for me - it always failed without giving any information.

Then someone told me to hit caps lock before entering my address.  Apparently  their site couldn’t handle lowercase characters - even though this could have easily been handled client side before submitting the form. 

Anyway, after entering my address in all caps, they asked for the information they didn’t have, and the money showed up two days later. 

I didn’t buy an ATV though...

I’m not a Doctor. But I do have a very good Doctor. If I get sick I will take what he tells me to take. I’m not going to tell him I want to take something, or I don’t want to take something based on what the President or anyone else says. If there is a chance something will work, I hope he won’t wait until I am deathly ill and in the last hours of my life, so some azzhats can claim the recommended drug either didn’t do anything, or killed me.  

Politics doesn’t belong in medicine. Not in abortion, not in pain medication, and not in this. But I would guess very few Doctors write prescriptions based on all this ridiculous drama about what the President is, or is not taking. I doubt there is very little controversy in the medical community; I suspect most of it is on the internet and in the media.

• Like 2