SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

11 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

As I run around the country, I’m seeing a places running to the limits allowed by the government. 

I think the key to getting the folks who are hiding at home back out will be getting the media to stop doing its best to induce panic in the population. 

Honestly, I'm happy to let folks who want to hide at home do just that. If they want to sit on the couch and fret their life away, have at it. I'm not going to take unnecessary risks, but I also know how useful worrying is. Life in 21st century America has too much stress already. 

• Like 6
56 minutes ago, RED333 said:

The bad thing about people getting back out and spending money, traffic is BACK IN FORCE!!! Using gas, price creeping back up.

They said on the news today Memorial Day gas prices will approach a 20 year low. I figured when this started they would find some way to shoot prices through the roof based on the virus. Looks like it may not happen.

3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Politics doesn’t belong in medicine. Not in abortion, not in pain medication, and not in this. But I would guess very few Doctors write prescriptions based on all this ridiculous drama about what the President is, or is not taking. I doubt there is very little controversy in the medical community; I suspect most of it is on the internet and in the media.

Exactly. But its not just medicine. In any scientific field there's always some political azzhat who thinks they know more than the experts. The real problem is that MSM gives these political idiots more coverage than the real experts. Thus we have a world of mis-information out there. 

I think Trump has been a pretty good President overall. However, on this Covid situation, he needs to just shut the hell up! :stick:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Exactly. But its not just medicine. In any scientific field there's always some political azzhat who thinks they know more than the experts. The real problem is that MSM gives these political idiots more coverage than the real experts. Thus we have a world of mis-information out there. 

I think Trump has been a pretty good President overall. However, on this Covid situation, he needs to just shut the hell up! :stick:

He tried to; he put Pence in charge. But then the media just cried all day every day that he wasn’t taking this seriously because he wasn’t doing the briefings. They just wanted him in there so they could ask ignorant questions and get him pizzed so he would say stupid stuff instead of posting it on Twitter.

He isn’t going to shut up about anything. I’m sure he believes that if you don’t like what he has to say; that’s your problem not his.

23 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Oh I see lots taking advantage of tgat if they feel they can get away with it..

Hopefully the threat that was also by the box of an upto $10,000 fine and 10 years in prison will slow down those that think they can get away with it.

13 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

Hopefully the threat that was also by the box of an upto $10,000 fine and 10 years in prison will slow down those that think they can get away with it.

Those that try it aren't worried about consequences I don't think. Being a felon only scares those of us who being declared a "felon" would hinder somewhere in life. Trash bags ( and politicians ) don't have that emotion.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

WIj3GBa.jpg

The ongoing mask requirements in places like Cali and New Mexico make me laugh. Before a couple of months ago, I’d be getting ready to shoot someone who walked into a business looking like that. But this is what I look like walking around customer facilities and truck stops these days.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

WIj3GBa.jpg

The ongoing mask requirements in places like Cali and New Mexico make me laugh. Before a couple of months ago, I’d be getting ready to shoot someone who walked into a business looking like that. But this is what I look like walking around customer facilities and truck stops these days.

My bank has a sign on the door requiring that hats and sunglasses be removed, they’ve asked me to remove my hat several times.  I’ve wondered what they’re going to do when they open their lobby and people come waltzing in looking like that.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, BrasilNuts said:

My bank has a sign on the door requiring that hats and sunglasses be removed, they’ve asked me to remove my hat several times.  I’ve wondered what they’re going to do when they open their lobby and people come waltzing in looking like that.

Get on the floor?

• Haha 1

For the most part nothing has changed for me. It's like I was already prepared. My job involves me seeing limited people, I've worked out of my home for years. The product I generate is delivered electronically over a web connection. My client s direct deposit my fees. Same as it ever was....lol

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

WIj3GBa.jpg

Funny, this is exactly what I thought you always looked like 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

WIj3GBa.jpg

There's talk of masks becoming a requirement here. If that happens, I'll have to think of the most obnoxious design I think I can get away with. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, peejman said:

There's talk of masks becoming a requirement here. If that happens, I'll have to think of the most obnoxious design I think I can get away with. 

I'm really thinking about a Bane mask (the Batman villain) to wear to the office.  Too bad the cheapest decent-looking ones are $40.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I'm really thinking about a Bane mask (the Batman villain) to wear to the office.  Too bad the cheapest decent-looking ones are $40.

Cheers,

Whisper

Thats a good one. Be even better if it came with the voice. 

I like this one... 

i-3hgV5Tx-600x400.jpg

On 5/14/2020 at 8:42 PM, Oh Shoot said:

It's averaging or something, not sure what's up with that.

exact TN deaths last four days

5/11: 8

5/12: 13

5/13: 9

5/14: 14 (as of what time not sure)

Total deaths: 287

The 13 and 14 counts are highest since a couple of days in early April

- OS

Don't know. It's IHME data, and from their site. Here's an updated one...  image.thumb.png.b0eb35c72c9b4cfef9727af67932583c.png

TN already above previous total death prediction by IHME, TN Health Dept reports 353, +10 deaths since yesterday, +38 hospitalizations since yesterday. New IHME prediction is 509 by Aug 4.

Hospitalizations in most states that report them (11 apparently don't) have risen in last two weeks. Watch for mid June for better finger on the pulse of "reopening".

Watch this space, eh?

- OS