SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, bud said:

Meh, I conceded 8 months because that's my own funny math, just like all the alphabet health agencies also have their own funny math. 

NY Times is reporting first death Feb 6., so thats about 4 months ago, and from a source that the hand-wringers should accept. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/us/coronavirus-first-united-states-death.html

We had a significant number of hispanic workers sick with an unreported, unidentifiable/undiagnosable illness matching the Coronavirus symptoms in Madison, TN in January 2020. Many of them all lived in the same large trailer home community.

I dont believe that the virus has been in the US for as short a period as "the experts" say. I've no doubt that "the experts" will go back and ammend the "start date" to late Fall 2019.

That leads me to believe that they will go back and add to the body count to pad their numbers with those who died from coronavirus earlier than 2/6, but my thinking is that they are already padding the hell out of the numbers by attributing the death of anyone with the virus in their body to death by Coronavirus. So, Im accepting their current fudged numbers of deaths for TN as a realistic total for all coronavirus deaths actually ocurring as far back as late 2019 in TN.

Like I said, its my own funny math, but everyone reporting anything has an agenda also supported by their own funny math. 

Broken record here, but all the numbers and timelines that have been released and will be released are only released if they support the narrative.

Tn Government cares about limiting liability while playing the federal govts games to ensure we get our taxpayer funded bailout for the state and hospitals who were damaged by the nonsensical shutdown of our economy.

Also  many credible scientists are finally being given a more public voice to explain that "flattening the curve" and "safer at home" isnt well supported scientifically, and that an equally persuasive argument can be made against the efficacy of flattening the curve by staying at home.

I think that once we have better data they will find the death rate is a lot lower than they initially thought. It's starting to look like more and more people had the virus, without symptoms. That's going to automatically bring down the death rate but we may never know the real number.

That being said, 67,000 Americans have died in the last 6 weeks alone. That's not like the "flu" that so many people kept comparing it to. I don't think there is some great conspiracy here but I do think the initial models and data we had were likely flawed. I think most people believe that number would have been far worse without distancing. Did it warrant a total shutdown? I have no idea. 

I think most people had the right intentions. Whether they admit to the flaws remains to be seen. I don't envy people like Bill Lee. When you have every medical expert in your state warning what could happen, you're not left with many good options. 

• Like 1

bud...the wife and I were both sick back in Dec. Felt crappy for about a week for her and maybe 10 days for me. Then over and done.

Like you, I strongly suspect and suggest, that this virus has been around far longer than our "official sources" would have us believe.

I don't doubt that there is a Corona Virus, nor that it can be fatal. What I do question is the tales of where and when this came from.

I am very certain that politicians have made off with this to their own advantages...on both side of the proverbial aisle we hear so much about.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, hipower said:

I am very certain that politicians have made off with this to their own advantages...on both side of the proverbial aisle we hear so much about.

Certainly it is. I question why this political Circus came about. Why did we need Fauci and Birx?  Is the CDC not capable of handling this? If that’s true; that’s a big problem that needs to get fixed.

I’m fully aware of the other part of the Political drama. Trump brought our economy to a level we haven’t seen in decades; the Democrats desperately need for it to remain in ruins at least until the election. Are the American people stupid enough to believe this was his fault? I don’t think most are.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Certainly it is. I question why this political Circus came about. Why did we need Fauci and Birx?  Is the CDC not capable of handling this? If that’s true; that’s a big problem that needs to get fixed.

I’m fully aware of the other part of the Political drama. Trump brought our economy to a level we haven’t seen in decades; the Democrats desperately need for it to remain in ruins at least until the election. Are the American people stupid enough to believe this was his fault? I don’t think most are.

Individuals can be smart; people are dumb.

2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I might disagree with you on the stupidity of the American populace. Some individuals are intelligent and discerning, a mass of people seem to lose all thinking ability and fall to the level of the least among them.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, hipower said:

Some individuals are intelligent and discerning, a mass of people seem to lose all thinking ability and fall to the level of the least among them.

I like to say, as the size of the crowd increases, the IQ decreases. Even smart individuals can get caught up in the herd. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

I like to say, as the size of the crowd increases, the IQ decreases. Even smart individuals can get caught up in the herd. 

A friend has 3 boys and we have 2, all similar ages. His wife says when boys get together, the collective IQ doesn't multiply, it divides.  That's funny but also not entirely untrue. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

The numbers are spiking. I saw on the news today that over 100 new cases in Shelby County and up several hundred state wide since yesterday. It ain't looking very good. 

IHME projections keep climbing too.  TN: 734 COVID-19 deaths projected by August 4, 2020. That's up a couple hundred from last time I noticed.

14 deaths today, first double digit tally in over a week.

- OS

6 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

IHME projections keep climbing too.  TN: 734 COVID-19 deaths projected by August 4, 2020. That's up a couple hundred from last time I noticed.

14 deaths today, first double digit tally in over a week.

- OS

There was a big jump yesterday in new cases here in Knox County. 23. Still we only have one currently hospitalizatied and only 5 deaths.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Moped said:

There was a big jump yesterday in new cases here in Knox County. 23. Still we only have one currently hospitalizatied and only 5 deaths.

I'm curious why folks are getting tested. Are they sick or just paranoid?  My sister-in-law got tested but it turned out she had mono instead. I wish they would distinguish between those with symptoms and those without. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, peejman said:

I'm curious why folks are getting tested. Are they sick or just paranoid?  My sister-in-law got tested but it turned out she had mono instead. I wish they would distinguish between those with symptoms and those without. 

With all the asymptomatic/mildly symptomatic people, I'm interested in if I've had it already.  If I have then I feel that I can get back to my normal life.

2 hours ago, E4 No More said:

With all the asymptomatic/mildly symptomatic people, I'm interested in if I've had it already.  If I have then I feel that I can get back to my normal life.

As I understand it, the tickle your brain nasal swab only tests for live virus. So if you've already had it and recovered (with or without symptoms) you test negative unless you've come in contact again.  I'd presume a 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th,....) positive test would be asymptomatic and mean you've picked it up somewhere. 

The antibody test is what tests for immunity, and I dont think those results are what's being reported. If antibody test results are being included, then the data is even more cloudy. 

Antibodies just mean your body is prepared to fight it off before you come in contact. They don't magically make the virus disappear. It's still there its just easier for your immune system to destroy. 

Antibodies are like being in a fox hole with a minigun and a pallet of ammo knowing exactly where the enemy line is.  The moment they charge, you pop a flare and start mowing them down. You still might break a sweat and have to duck while reloading, but the outcome is clear. 

No antibodies is like walking down a dark alley and the BG grabs you from behind. The fight is on, the outcome is uncertain. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, peejman said:

As I understand it, the tickle your brain nasal swab only tests for live virus. So if you've already had it and recovered (with or without symptoms) you test negative unless you've come in contact again.  I'd presume a 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th,....) positive test would be asymptomatic and mean you've picked it up somewhere. 

The antibody test is what tests for immunity, and I dont think those results are what's being reported. If antibody test results are being included, then the data is even more cloudy. 

Antibodies just mean your body is prepared to fight it off before you come in contact. They don't magically make the virus disappear. It's still there its just easier for your immune system to destroy. 

Antibodies are like being in a fox hole with a minigun and a pallet of ammo knowing exactly where the enemy line is.  The moment they charge, you pop a flare and start mowing them down. You still might break a sweat and have to duck while reloading, but the outcome is clear. 

No antibodies is like walking down a dark alley and the BG grabs you from behind. The fight is on, the outcome is uncertain. 

Yes, that's why I'm interested only in the antibody test.