SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Good point. I don't think I'll bother unless I get sick. ;)

However, the testing sites are always crowded with long lines. Do that many people feel sick? Is it paranoia or just fear? 

Both.

My paranoia is the fear that this situation is going to destroy this nation. I don't know...or care...now, if this is a contrived attack on this county's government or only one man. Or if this is all just one cosmic joke on humanity and it's a plague of epic proportions.

Either way, the outcome is what I worry about. 

At best, we are going to be a vastly different county; both economically and socially.

At worst...well you decide what it might be.

And if you think I've read too many EOTWAWKI books...maybe I have.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hipower said:

Both.

My paranoia is the fear that this situation is going to destroy this nation. I don't know...or care...now, if this is a contrived attack on this county's government or only one man. Or if this is all just one cosmic joke on humanity and it's a plague of epic proportions.

Either way, the outcome is what I worry about. 

At best, we are going to be a vastly different county; both economically and socially.

At worst...well you decide what it might be.

And if you think I've read too many EOTWAWKI books...maybe I have.

They hate Trump that bad. 

Regardless you need to cheer up HP, dont think you're going check out early and not take this sh!tride with the rest of us 😁

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

They hate Trump that bad. 

Regardless you need to cheer up HP, dont think you're going check out early and not take this sh!tride with the rest of us 😁

Not quite sure how to answer this. One way I'm a pessemistic, tin foil hat waiting for TEOTWAWKI.

The other I'm just a plain conspiracy theorist.   

Maybe it's time to go have a wee sip of that Tullamore Dew I Bought.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 3

Buck up guys. Take the political posturing out of it. It's some bad s h ite for sure. All you can do is take care of yourself and those who matter to you. Pay attention, be vigilant and don't be a macho jerk when it comes to wearing a mask. I expect a higher level of responsibility from TGO'ers.

Edited by Raoul
  • Like 4
33 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Buck up guys. Take the political posturing out of it. It's some bad s h ite for sure. All you can do is take care of yourself and those who matter to you. Pay attention, be vigilant and don't be a macho jerk when it comes to wearing a mask. I expect a higher level of responsibility from TGO'ers.

Well, that leaves me out, I've not worn one yet.  I was going to when I went to attempt to get a haircut, when they finally opened, but it was just for active duty at the time. 

Not that I don't take precautions, but wearing anything not rated for this is senseless to me, and since I'm not sick, it doesn't help others either.  There is nobody in my household more susceptible than any other healthy person so not worried about that, and I don't socialize with anyone who is either. 

I'm not stupid, I'm not going around licking toilet seats or even shopping cart handles, but I'm also not doing more than washing my hands properly a bit more often than usual.

I think it's actually worse wearing masks and gloves, with people constantly having to adjust the darn things with their potentially contaminated hands, gloved or not. 

I do think it's serious, but not to the level everyone seems to make it out to be.  And now that the riots have once again brought out out all the masses, any progress the forced quarantine may of had,  if any, is out the window. 

• Like 6
42 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Oh I wear a mask when out cavorting about the city. Sam's and Kroger primarily, with a few medical visits thrown in for good measure.

But that doesn't mean that I have fully accepted all that has been said, reported, and espoused by high media, medical, and government officials...on either side of this.

There is truth, as well as falsehood out here; both in the virus, its severity, and its source.

And until all is known, if ever. 

I remain with my scepticism, my sarcasm,  and my poor attempts at humor intact; in all its splendor and fervor.

And lastly, Raoul, in reference to your last statement...you do realize where you are and whom you deal with here, don't you?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Omega said:

Well, that leaves me out, I've not worn one yet.  I was going to when I went to attempt to get a haircut, when they finally opened, but it was just for active duty at the time. 

Not that I don't take precautions, but wearing anything not rated for this is senseless to me, and since I'm not sick, it doesn't help others either.  There is nobody in my household more susceptible than any other healthy person so not worried about that, and I don't socialize with anyone who is either. 

I'm not stupid, I'm not going around licking toilet seats or even shopping cart handles, but I'm also not doing more than washing my hands properly a bit more often than usual.

I think it's actually worse wearing masks and gloves, with people constantly having to adjust the darn things with their potentially contaminated hands, gloved or not. 

I do think it's serious, but not to the level everyone seems to make it out to be.  And now that the riots have once again brought out out all the masses, any progress the forced quarantine may of had,  if any, is out the window. 

Well done, sir! I could not have said it better.

14 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

I'm pretty sure I still have that exact phone somewhere.

I do still have that Nokia. I found it when we were cleaning a week or so ago.

13 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

Ha. I still have a car bag phone. 

I had that bag phone with a shoulder strap on it. And that's all I'll say about that.

• Haha 1

Well, I'm late to this party as usual and have read about 6 pages before jumping to the last one. When I first heard and read about it I began to prepare with the necessary items such as food and paper products but didn't go crazy on paper products like many people did. I can't eat those and I focused more on the food end of it. I made sure my freezers were full and cabinets were full and my SIL and daughter do my weekly shopping for me when they do theirs. I have not been off the property in almost 3 months but I do go out and walk the property as we have 5 acres to walk around on.  I have company come by and visit from time to time and we visit while doing social spacing. mostly out on the back deck. I do have about 10 N95 masks my SIL got for me from his work place. They have to buy them by the cases because they are used in the performance of their job.  They spray a product that is a fire proofing agent in commercial buildings while they are under construction. I really don't care about going out and tempting fate. I have a heart condition, I am diabetic, I have had lung conditions since the both collapsed when that truck hit me back years ago and I am 72 years old so don't see much need to push the envelope and tempt fate!

• Like 3
On 6/3/2020 at 12:45 AM, Oh Shoot said:

IHME projections keep climbing too.  TN: 734 COVID-19 deaths projected by August 4, 2020. That's up a couple hundred from last time I noticed.

IHME projections for TN way up now,  1224 deaths predicted by 8/4.

- OS

25 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Now that the mosquitoes are coming out how will this effect the greatest pandemic humanity has ever known?

Nill. According to the "experts" that labeled this pandemic in the first place, WHO and CDC, theres no evidence to suggest it can be carried or transmitted by mosquitoes. Its suppose to be spread through droplets hence the mask .

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

Now that the mosquitoes are coming out how will this effect the greatest pandemic humanity has ever known?

Maybe we'll taking an annual combined shot for Covid, Zika, flu and gawd knows whatever else. Much like the various combo vaccines for kids.

I walked the Knox waterfront from Ned McWherter to the Rowing Clubhouse and back. Calhoun's and Ruth's Chris both packed. Looking at outside folks at Calhoun's, biz as normal, no masks, 6-10 folks at tables, normally spaced. All the text pickup parking spaces empty. Etc.

I imagine we'll be back up against it sooner than later, hence the IHME estimates. I suppose that until a city's hospitals are completely overrun, we'll just not worry about it.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Sad 1
43 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

I imagine we'll be back up against it sooner than later, hence the IHME estimates. I suppose that until a city's hospitals are completely overrun, we'll just not worry about it.

- OS

Pretty much.

Only 2 in the hospital here in Knox County as of today.  Still only 5 deaths.

13 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Maybe we'll taking an annual combined shot for Covid, Zika, flu and gawd knows whatever else. Much like the various combo vaccines for kids.

I walked the Knox waterfront from Ned McWherter to the Rowing Clubhouse and back. Calhoun's and Ruth's Chris both packed. Looking at outside folks at Calhoun's, biz as normal, no masks, 6-10 folks at tables, normally spaced. All the text pickup parking spaces empty. Etc.

- OS

Note that the hospitals here haven't been anywhere near capacity in the past 4 months.  Most have been virtually empty.   Given that society has been reopened for 2 weeks, if sick people aren't flocking to the hospitals now, I doubt they will. 

• Like 6