SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Since the streets aren’t piled high with dead and dying COVID-19 positive protestors, I think I will revert to my original theory that this was blown way out of proportion.

My guess is Halloween will change all that 🤔

• Like 1

Wow !! I guess this falls into that "damned if you do and damned if you don't" category  :o

The Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers not to purchase hand sanitizer manufactured from Eskbiochem SA de CV due to the potential presence of toxic chemicals.

Nine products manufactured by the Mexico-based company, which are still on the market, may contain methanol, which can be poisonous if absorbed through the skin or ingested, the FDA said in a letter.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/fda-warning-hand-sanitizers-methanol

• Wow 1
2 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

Wow !! I guess this falls into that "damned if you do and damned if you don't" category  :o

The Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers not to purchase hand sanitizer manufactured from Eskbiochem SA de CV due to the potential presence of toxic chemicals.

Nine products manufactured by the Mexico-based company, which are still on the market, may contain methanol, which can be poisonous if absorbed through the skin or ingested, the FDA said in a letter.

1st it is the Chinese and lead in our paint of our kids toys, poison in the dog food. Now Mexicans trying to poison us with hair sanitizer.

Edited by RED333
Because I can
7 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

Same as when moonshine gets done wrong and they don't bleed off the methanol. 

20 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

This whole time I found it sad that people were bonkers on hand sanitizer for this, all the while bars of antibacterial soap were easy enough to find wherever I went and hot water still came out or the faucets.

Dependencies on consumer products of convenience like that come with risk. 

• Admin Team
21 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

Most hand sanitizers I have seen say they are for bacteria not viruses! 

There’s a lipid(fat) layer that surrounds the virus.  The ethanol in hand sanitizers - and soap as pointed out above - does a good job of breaking that down and killing the virus. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, btq96r said:

This whole time I found it sad that people were bonkers on hand sanitizer for this, all the while bars of antibacterial soap were easy enough to find wherever I went and hot water still came out or the faucets.

Dependencies on consumer products of convenience like that come with risk. 

Yeah but I can't keep a bar of soap in my truck and wash my hands every time I leave a business. As soon as my wife and I leave the store we lather up with sanitizer. I've always done this though as shopping carts are nasty!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I thought it was ketones that they bleed off? The process to make methanol is different.

https://www.clawhammersupply.com/blogs/moonshine-still-blog/7207958-methanol-will-moonshine-make-you-blind

During the distillation process methanol is concentrated at the start of the run because it has a lower boiling point than ethanol and water. The boiling point of methanol is approximately 148 degrees farenheit, which is quite a bit lower than ethanol (the good stuff). This means that methanol (148F boiling temp) will start to boil before the ethanol (174F boiling temp). This is why moonshiners always throw out the first bit of shine they produce

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Yeah but I can't keep a bar of soap in my truck and wash my hands every time I leave a business. As soon as my wife and I leave the store we lather up with sanitizer. I've always done this though as shopping carts are nasty!

Just takes some innovation...bar in a soap dish and a bottle of water.  Low rent, but effective in a pinch, and better overall than sanitizer.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, btq96r said:

Just takes some innovation...bar in a soap dish and a bottle of water.  Low rent, but effective in a pinch, and better overall than sanitizer.

Yes that does work, but if you can get hand sanitizer, it's much easier to use and less messy when you are on the go.  I was fortunate enough to get to very large bottles at Sam's back at the beginning of April.  Now, they are selling a much smaller bottle for twice as much.

I just found out that my live-in granddaughter's other grandmother just tested positive for COVID after my granddaughter spent the weekend with her. Just great...3 people in this house have problems that put us at risk of this stuff being deadly. :angry:

Edited by E4 No More
  • Wow 2
  • Angry 1

I had a buddy go by a distillery that had gone from making whisky to making hand sanitizer and they were giving it away and he got 4 quarts of the stuff and brought me 2 of them and my granddaughter works for a company that makes a product like spray Lysol and she got me 5 cans of it plus she got me 5 pump bottles of the sanitizing hand soap. I got two of the pocket size hand sanitizers I can carry when and if I ever go out again. I'm pretty much set here at the house. My son in law fixed me up with 10 N95 masks also if I decide to go out which since they are doing all my shopping for me when they do theirs I don't have to go out for anything at present. I go out and fill Hummingbird feeders and walk around the yard with Darby and she is great company and only slightly spoiled...…….😂

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I had a buddy go by a distillery that had gone from making whisky to making hand sanitizer...

I think tequila factories are doing the same judging from what I’ve been able to pick up.  Stuff smells like a rough night out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I just found out that my live-in granddaughter's other grandmother just tested positive for COVID after my granddaughter spent the weekend with her. Just great...3 people in this house have problems that put us at risk of this stuff being deadly. :angry:

Is the other grandmother ill?  If so, what are her symptoms?  

I've been kinda watching the daily numbers. Checking every couple of days on the U.S. TN and Shelby county. Ever since the partial reopening, they've been steadily  going up. Especially after the many large protest gatherings. I'm afraid I see another total lockdown in the near future. This thing is far from over. 

7 minutes ago, bud said:

Good luck with another total lockdown.

Cooperation levels would not be the same, and I think they are well aware of that.

""""Aren't enough of us scared anymore.""""

Hence all the violence. Scare us into our homes with that. Germ and viruses didn't work. So try something else.

9 hours ago, peejman said:

Is the other grandmother ill?  If so, what are her symptoms?  

I don't know. All I know is that she tested positive, so I assume that she had symptoms. My daughter says that her ex-brother-in-law exposed his mother to it. It's bad timing because my daughter was going to drive up to Kansas City next weekend to pick-up my mother-in-law for a two week visit.  We had to scrub that plan because the incubation period is such that my daughter wouldn't be showing symptoms until after picking her up. It's disappointing for everyone, but more so for my MIL. She's been pretty alone since my FIL died last November.

1 hour ago, bud said:

It's probably going to be a big shock to the country when the Democrats kill Biden so that they can run a new candidate with a prayer of winning, but I doubt there will be much upheaval in the country over the loss of Biden.

The way I'm seeing this is the Dems need Biden to get the more moderate votes.    All the future efforts will be placed in the VP pick.     Assuming Joe gets elected, shortly after the election, he steps down as not being able to fill the duties of the job.    Then their VP is able to take over and start implementing their "plan".   

• Like 3
3 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I don't know. All I know is that she tested positive, so I assume that she had symptoms. My daughter says that her ex-brother-in-law exposed his mother to it. It's bad timing because my daughter was going to drive up to Kansas City next weekend to pick-up my mother-in-law for a two week visit.  We had to scrub that plan because the incubation period is such that my daughter wouldn't be showing symptoms until after picking her up. It's disappointing for everyone, but more so for my MIL. She's been pretty alone since my FIL died last November.

That certainly throws a monkey wrench in your plans. 

I see the number of positive tests continue to climb, but the worst symptoms I've heard of is just the sniffles. Very few deaths have been reported, which is good. 

So that tells me that we're doing exactly what we should be, pushing through the herd immunity while the weather is warm and people are generally more healthy.  Doing that now should mitigate this coming winter. 

• Like 5