SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

On 6/26/2020 at 1:20 PM, Oh Shoot said:

How about "your rights end where my nose begins"?

- OS

Rights go both ways.

Stay 6 feet plus away, that has been the rule as long as this has been going on. Davidson county "Nashville" started a mask rule for this afternoon. If you cant stay 6 feet away, then wear a mask.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, bud said:

I can appreciate that.

Haggerty is no better when it comes to racially divisive rhetoric. 

I just would've been more of a Manny guy if he didnt make his candidacy about his, or anyone else's color.

Please share a link to where he says anything about skin color. What he is talking about is illegal immigration. If you don’t think that is a  problem, vote democrat.

3 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Got a link to that?

I got first hand accounts from 2 people who've gotten letters from the CDC that state everyone in the household is considered "probable" when any one tests positive.  I haven't personally seen the letters, but I have no reason to suspect what they've said is inaccurate. 

Just now, peejman said:

I got first hand accounts from 2 people who've gotten letters from the CDC that state everyone in the household is considered "probable" when any one tests positive.  I haven't personally seen the letters, but I have no reason to suspect what they've said is inaccurate. 

I understand that but I can't find anything where the probable are counted in the positive count.

3 minutes ago, Raoul said:

I understand that but I can't find anything where the probable are counted in the positive count.

Hence the suspected data manipulation. 

You'd think the CDC and the governments (both state and federal) would publish exactly how they're using the data to help minimize differences between agencies. I would want the rules clearly defined and well known by everyone involved to keep the data as clean as possible. It's the same garbage in, garbage out (GIGO) as with any other sort of data analysis.

We live in a time where a significant number of people blindly trust the .gov and a significant number of people refuse to believe anything the .gov presents.  Consensus is impossible. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I don't get the propensity many have towards conspiracy. Who exactly are the puppet masters here? It would be easier to believe if this was only happening in the USA but the entire world is fighting COVID in some capacity. 

As for why it's spreading in Knoxville.. Social distancing is a thing of the past. Every age, race and sex seems to have stopped caring. I'm seeing maybe 10-15% of people wearing masks. 

Covid is real. No denying that. But, there is plenty of manipulation for poll numbers and profit. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's how those folks are, every damn day.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Covid is real. No denying that. But, there is plenty of manipulation for poll numbers and profit. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's how those folks are, every damn day.

Kinda like... "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"......just sayin😬

• Moderators
5 hours ago, mikegideon said:

They're not gonna help, unless you need something blown up. They are good at that.

They’re pretty good at shooting dogs as well. So maybe if your wife has a little yapper you can’t stand...

On 6/29/2020 at 8:08 PM, Moped said:

Big spike in new COVID-19 case in Knox County, 53. Hospital actions remain stead at 15. The state reported 2125 new cases. I believe that may be a new high. 

Statewide, average 8.0 deaths per day in June. 5.3 per day in May

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
left 6/30 out in first count
19 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Statewide, average 7.9 deaths per day in June. 5.3 per day in May

- OS

Still not huge numbers like we saw in New York, but it's enough to tell that it's starting to go up.

Edited by Moped
7 hours ago, Moped said:

Stiull not huge numbers like we saw in New York, but it's enough to tell that it's starting to go up.

Hell, NYC alone has bigger pop than all of TN. Few if any places will likely see the death numbers that occurred there.

It's all just a matter of scale, and what numbers the different states decide is horrendous enough to take whatever actions.

Lee has just extended TN state of emergency rules/suggestions to end of August, for example. Pretty toothless enforcement though.

https://www.tn.gov/governor/news/2020/6/29/gov--lee-extends-state-of-emergency-to-aug--29--2020.html

- OS

• Like 1

The Knox County Health Department is now. Mandating that masks will be worn in all public buildings and areas where social distancing cannot be followed.

In addition, they reported another 50 new cases. And Knox County was a talking point in the State’s briefing, because of this spike we are going through. 

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/knox-county-mandates-masks-in-indoor-public-spaces-starting-july-3/51-7086a666-243d-441f-bbeb-abec12c23f8a

There is a twitter link to the resolution, which references the state law that makes this possible.

On 6/30/2020 at 4:17 PM, Oh Shoot said:

Lee has just extended TN state of emergency rules/suggestions to end of August, for example. Pretty toothless enforcement though.

All that really does is make sure we can get federal money from the spigot for COVID-19 related relief.  I'd imagine things like National Guard activations are covered with it.