SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

12 hours ago, btq96r said:

I don't know how much revenue US tourism represents to the Bahamas...but it has to be of some significance.  To their government, our risk of being COVID carriers outweighs the economic benefits of our pumping local money into the economy, and that's an embarrassment.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/article244340147.html

Not an embarrassment to me, more like a political ploy.  But hey, if their economy can handle that, then more power to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Knox County reported 93 new cases this morning, with another death (19) and 44 in the hospital.  from Last Monday morning, we've averaged 91 new cases per day.  The curve has gotten much steeper this month.  But It's been my observation that the people in Knox County are, for the most part, wearing the masks.  As more and more retail places make masks mandatory and enforce it, I think we'll just about everyone wearing them. 

5 minutes ago, Moped said:

As more and more retail places make masks mandatory and enforce it, I think we'll just about everyone wearing them. 

I wonder where the anti-mask crowd will get groceries considering just about every major grocery chain is now requiring it. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I wonder where the anti-mask crowd will get groceries considering just about every major grocery chain is now requiring it. 

I plan on waiting outside and just taking someone elses food. Adventure dining :)

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Erik88 said:

I'm not sure. I know my wife and I tried to do this once at Target and it wasn't being offered at that time. That would be a good option though. 

Not sure about Target but Kroger Food City and Walmart have been very adamant about promoting their drive up service since March when all this fired up. My sister does Krogers weekly and the queue went from hours to days when the shutdown hit. Even home improvement places have offered to send employees out to your car to help you.

17 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Not sure about Target but Kroger Food City and Walmart have been very adamant about promoting their drive up service since March when all this fired up. My sister does Krogers weekly and the queue went from hours to days when the shutdown hit. Even home improvement places have offered to send employees out to your car to help you.

Yep. Weve used both food city and kroger drive up several times over the last few months. Sometimes ok, sometimes less ok. Depends on who's shopping for you. Nothing major, just some weird substitutions or lack thereof. They also do delivery. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, peejman said:

Yep. Weve used both food city and kroger drive up several times over the last few months. Sometimes ok, sometimes less ok. Depends on who's shopping for you. Nothing major, just some weird substitutions or lack thereof. They also do delivery. 

My biggest gripe there would be the produce. I've seen some rough azz veggies laying in the bins and I'd lose my temper if I did a drive up service and arrived home to find produce that looked beat to hell. I've witnessed employees of these grocery stores pushing around the giant plastic bins with order forms picking orders. Some look like they are picking as if it were for their family and others are just going through the motions. So the hit or miss you speak of aligns with what I've witnessed.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

My biggest gripe there would be the produce. I've seen some rough azz veggies laying in the bins and I'd lose my temper if I did a drive up service and arrived home to find produce that looked beat to hell. I've witnessed employees of these grocery stores pushing around the giant plastic bins with order forms picking orders. Some look like they are picking as if it were for their family and others are just going through the motions. So the hit or miss you speak of aligns with what I've witnessed.

I'd bet they have a way to rate the service, and piss poor veggies pickers would get some retraining most expeditiously if it started to impact their sales.

10 minutes ago, Omega said:

I'd bet they have a way to rate the service, and piss poor veggies pickers would get some retraining most expeditiously if it started to impact their sales.

Well different stores have different standards as to what's considered saleable produce. Or at least I have to believe that after seeing first hand for years the difference between a layout at a Food City v. Kroger v. Walmart etc. When they run those commercials where they claim we as a country throw away some outrageous amount of food I believe they forget to mention a lot of that food never leaves the store because of a multitude of reasons. Careless shoppers beat the hell out of tender veg such as zucchini and yellow squash and when I come up on it I pass it by because of that. Eventually it winds up in clearance behind plastic wrap which breaks it down further and at a faster pace. From there it gets sent to the giant slop bucket where some other company carts it off to feed animals or rot back into the earth.

Sorry to derail the thread but food waste and how good we have it here is the USA is a touchy spot for me. I use to do a ton of catering and food service and have seen it first hand :)

Was at Food City today, mask wearers about 60/40, some employees had their masks pulled down around their neck. No one said anything to non mask wearers, ran to another aisle, held a cross up at them or exposed a necklace of garlic.

The only complaint I heard was that one brought their own bags for their groceries...

Went a few other places, mask participation was 50/50, no one being barred from entering anywhere.

I'm sure getting groceries won't be a problem for many, if one is scared, stay home have someone do their shopping or do the pickup thing.

Personally, I want to pick out my own groceries, there's probably more "danger" in having a stranger handling my food.

Edited by AuEagle
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Winn-Dixie has announced they will not require patrons to wear masks in their stores.

1 hour ago, AuEagle said:

Was at Food City today, mask wearers about 60/40, some employees had their masks pulled down around their neck. No one said anything to non mask wearers, ran to another aisle, held a cross up at them or exposed a necklace of garlic.

The only complaint I heard was that one brought their own bags for their groceries...

Went a few other places, mask participation was 50/50, no one being barred from entering anywhere.

I'm sure getting groceries won't be a problem for many, if one is scared, stay home have someone do their shopping or do the pickup thing.

Personally, I want to pick out my own groceries, there's probably more "danger" in having a stranger handling my food.

Were you in Knox County or Sevier County?  For the most part, everywhere I was at this weekend in Knox County and Knoxville, most everyone was wearing a mask. I'm talking almost total compliance. 

15 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Rutherford county will require masks starting Wednesday. But I don't see in the news stories what the penalty is for those that refuse.

The government orders it so it must be.  No need to trouble yourself with the details.

That’s why there is nothing in the news or on Rutherford County’s own website.

22 minutes ago, Garufa said:

The government orders it so it must be.  No need to trouble yourself with the details.

That’s why there is nothing in the news or on Rutherford County’s own website.

http://rutherfordcountytn.gov/news/2020/july/mask-mandate

https://www.wsmv.com/news/rutherford_county/rutherford-county-imposes-mask-mandate-effective-wednesday/article_ba98cdb2-cad4-11ea-8b33-bf883d4cab9d.html

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Rutherford county will require masks starting Wednesday. But I don't see in the news stories what the penalty is for those that refuse.

36 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Where in either of those two links do they discuss penalties?  

On 7/20/2020 at 6:35 PM, DaveTN said:

They have now added this....

This local order constitutes an order promulgated pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 58, Chapter 2, Part 1. While it is the hope and expectation that Rutherford County citizens will comply with this Order out of a sense of civic duty and respect for their fellow citizens, and attempts at education and communication are the preferred methods of obtaining compliance, state law provides for enforcement of this Order if necessary. Pursuant to Executive Order 54 and Tennessee Code Annotated § 58-2-120, violation of this Order shall constitute a Class A misdemeanor .

http://rutherfordcountytn.gov/news/2020/july/face-masking-order

18 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Piggly Wiggly for us. That and our garden.

Well, not so fast. They backed off that stance and now will be requiring masks, at least in some of their independently owned stores.

Knox County had another 123 new cases yesterday with 38 hospitalized and 1 more death.  We went 3 months with only 5 deaths.  Juky has not been a good month.

Edited by Moped