SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Links2k said:

I find it difficult to believe that if Hydroxychloroquine or Chloroquine were effective against COVID-19 on a large scale there is no way that pharmaceutical companies would not be manufacturing both twenty four hours a day, and raping people for $1200.00 per pill.

They can’t, the patents have run out. They can however make some changes, get a new patent, and charge an arm and a leg for it. My guess is that’s whats in the works now. They just need time.

9 minutes ago, Links2k said:

I’m skeptical of most preachers, and I understand that doctors are licensed to practice medicine, but there is no way I’m listening to the demon seed and alien DNA doctor. If that’s your cup of tea, so be it.  

Exactly! We both believe what we believe. But neither of us need social media protecting us from having the information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
19 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

They can’t, the patents have run out. They can however make some changes, get a new patent, and charge an arm and a leg for it. My guess is that’s whats in the works now. They just need time.

Or discredit hydroxychloroquine until they can roll out a vaccine.  Then you’re talking about real money.  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I honestly don't understand why some people are so predisposed to believe the media these days. How about listening to YOUR doctor?

That is one of the problems, many, like me, are not sick, so have no need for an MD.  And, many MDs are legally blocked from prescribing these meds for the china virus, so unless it's for one of medical issues that drug is normally prescribed for you are not getting an off label script.  AND, say they do give you a script, now they have given the pharmacist the power to not honor the script.  How in the F are politicians, such as Cuomo, allowed to make laws outlawing a legal drug/medicine, isn't it the doctors that should make that decision?  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Omega said:

How in the F are politicians, such as Cuomo, allowed to make laws outlawing a legal drug/medicine, isn't it the doctors that should make that decision?  

Because the party knows what's best....

• Angry 1
12 minutes ago, Omega said:

That is one of the problems, many, like me, are not sick, so have no need for an MD.  And, many MDs are legally blocked from prescribing these meds for the china virus, so unless it's for one of medical issues that drug is normally prescribed for you are not getting an off label script.  AND, say they do give you a script, now they have given the pharmacist the power to not honor the script.  How in the F are politicians, such as Cuomo, allowed to make laws outlawing a legal drug/medicine, isn't it the doctors that should make that decision?  

We aren't in New York. It's your body, and you have the power to insist on what's done with it. You also have the ability to sue for negligence and harm - not speaking of the doctors per se here. It's called, practicing medicine without a license.

Edited by E4 No More
21 minutes ago, Moped said:

Knox County reported 163 more positive tests and another death.

And the first full day of school for 70-75% of Knox’s roughly 60,000 students in the classroom is two weeks from Monday.

Interesting times are ahead.

23 minutes ago, Garufa said:

And the first full day of school for 70-75% of Knox’s roughly 60,000 students in the classroom is two weeks from Monday.

I'll be surprised if this happens.

• Like 2
Just now, gregintenn said:

Faucci now recommends we wear safety goggles to prevent the spread of Covid. Is a has mat suit next? How far are you guys willing to follow this clown down the rabbit hole?

You mean you've NOT been wearing them ? 😳🧐

• Haha 1

I quit listening to that clown shortly after the pandemic hit he would say something and the next day change his mind and recommend something else only to do it again the next day. After a week of him I began muting the TV when he came on.

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I'll be surprised if this happens.

I will be as well but the wheels are in motion for now.

Do they carry on and throw the kids together to get sick, or raise a generation of social retards?

3 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Do they carry on and throw the kids together to get sick, or raise a generation of social retards?

And/or academic retards.  I have 0.0 faith in “virtual learning.”  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Garufa said:

We appear to be like we are going back. My prediction is and has been for a while shutdown #2 for the labor day holiday.

I remember early on kids were essentially "immune" or at the least considered to be low risk. Now since we've killed off countless nursing homes and a chunk of Florida , or a warmer more open nursing home, and the old folks are played out we trickled down to the skinny jeans and man buns but only AFTER the protest for INSERT CAUSE HERE and that ran for a while. Now because school is close and we need bigger 20-21 budgets it's the GD kids that  are gonna get it and die. And we have got to do it for them, right??? 🙄

Look around, they'll have to aspire to be social retards !

19 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I don't know what the big rush is to get them back in the Class room.  Back when I was in Grade school we went back to school on September 5th and got out on May 30th and had 3 full months out of school. Does it take longer for teachers to do their jobs now more than back then? School started at 8:15 and ended at 3:15.

Edited by bersaguy
3 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

And/or academic retards.  I have 0.0 faith in “virtual learning.”  

I have no faith in “virtual society”.  People, especially kids,  need in person social interaction.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I don't know what the big rush is to get them back in the Class room.  Back when I was in Grade school we went back to school on September 5th and got out on May 30th and had 3 full months out of school. Does it take longer for teachers to do their jobs now more than back then? School started at 8:15 and ended at 3:15.

It’s about the same now.  My daughter is supposed to start back Aug 10 (now moved to the 17th) and finish May 21 with a week off for fall break and another for spring break.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

It’s about the same now.  My daughter is supposed to start back Aug 10 (now moved to the 17th) and finish May 21 with a week off for fall break and another for spring break.  

We got a winter break at Christmas and a long weekend at Thanksgiving and that was it. We didn't even have snow days. Up where I went to school I don't care if it snowed a foot the night before. School was open the next day.

2 hours ago, Garufa said:

Blount County started back this week on a rotating schedule. 

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

Most schools have more and longer breaks now, so the school year is spread out a little longer, but it's the same 180 days.