SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, TGO David said:

Well, it finally happened and hit somewhat close to home for me.    A colleague at work came down with COVID about a week and a half ago and succumbed to it night via related complications.  Their family was having to make the awful decision today to remove them from life support.

I sucks that this virus seems so laughable until it strikes someone in the .0001% for which it is fatal.   I suppose the exact same thing can be said of the flu, but I can't tell you the last time I heard of a person who was walking around healthy one week and dead the next because of the flu.

I’ve had one good friend and several acquaintances pass from it, and I know dozens who had it with no issues. I also know one lady who had a rough go of it but recovered. Who knows?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I’ve had one good friend and several acquaintances pass from it, and I know dozens who had it with no issues. I also know one lady who had a rough go of it but recovered. Who knows?

So you have at a minimum four people you know who died from the covid and at least a minimum of 24 who had it with little to no issues?

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

So you have at a minimum four people you know who died from the covid and at least a minimum of 24 who had it with little to no issues?

Roughly, yes.

Have I stepped into a trap here?

Edited by gregintenn
23 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Why do you think that?  No trap, but you sure do know a lot of people with the china virus.  

We’ve had quite a rash of it here in Macon County. It’s also a small town setting. If you’ve lived here all your life, you know most everybody here.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Admin Team

Nashville is no longer the epicenter in Tennessee. 

As of this afternoon all counties are reporting community spread.  Couple that with the number of rural hospitals we’ve lost in the last decade and this gets worse before it gets better.

Y’all keep your heads down. 

• Like 1

An interesting anecdote...  2 people in our office came had similar stories this morning. One friend, one family member of different coworkers. 

These folks decided to get tested a week or more ago. They got in line, filled out the paperwork, but ran out of time and had to leave before getting tested.   They both got letters stating they tested positive and had to take this week off work because their employer also received the results. 

7 minutes ago, peejman said:

An interesting anecdote...  2 people in our office came had similar stories this morning. One friend, one family member of different coworkers. 

These folks decided to get tested a week or more ago. They got in line, filled out the paperwork, but ran out of time and had to leave before getting tested.   They both got letters stating they tested positive and had to take this week off work because their employer also received the results. 

Man I'm a bit skeptical of how this could happen but my mom had a friend in Florida that had this exact same issue. I can't tell if this is one of those stories that just keeps getting passed around or if it actually happened but my mom was convinced this woman was telling her the truth. 

1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Man I'm a bit skeptical of how this could happen but my mom had a friend in Florida that had this exact same issue. I can't tell if this is one of those stories that just keeps getting passed around or if it actually happened but my mom was convinced this woman was telling her the truth. 

I have no reason to doubt what I was told. Those folks were told to either take a week off or provide a negative test result so they could go back to work. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

I wonder if my default anyone “in line” but then leaves get treated as a positive for a safety precaution?

It's possible. If one didn't have COVID before they might after standing in that line! 🤔

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

With an average of 8-10 days to get test results back - any employer is going to tell an employee to stay at home while they await the results.  Because of the delay - you pretty much have to treat the interim time between getting the tests and getting the results as a presumed positive result.

I'd love to see the actual text of the letter - because I expect it says something to that effect.

It sucks. And, it's a solvable problem. But here we are.

7 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Why would you be skeptical? After all, they've counted a motorcycle accident death to covid.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, MacGyver said:

With an average of 8-10 days to get test results back - any employer is going to tell an employee to stay at home while they await the results.  Because of the delay - you pretty much have to treat the interim time between getting the tests and getting the results as a presumed positive result.

I'd love to see the actual text of the letter - because I expect it says something to that effect.

It sucks. And, it's a solvable problem. But here we are.

This was after the results came back. 

We had several people get tested who worked in close proximity to those who were positive. They all got answers in 1-3 days. 

• Admin Team
20 minutes ago, peejman said:

This was after the results came back. 

We had several people get tested who worked in close proximity to those who were positive. They all got answers in 1-3 days. 

If y'all are seeing 1-3 days, that's way better than it's been in other parts of the state. At 8-14 days to get results back - I'd argue testing is worthless.

• Like 1