SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

• Moderators
On 9/1/2020 at 12:08 PM, btq96r said:

Fair points, and even in my hypocrisy I agree personal responsibility has fallen by the wayside.  But the examples you gave have direct relationships to each other.  COVID-19 is an independent variable transmitting.  Obesity and hypertension can absolutely lead to heart attacks in a natural progression if left unchecked or after so long- but they can't lead to COVID-19.

While I'm sure there are some who died while  having COVID-19 with it not exacerbating the underlining condition enough to make a difference, I'm thinking there are a lot more people who would be alive today- even if not for long and/or in bad shape- had COVID-19 never gotten out of the lab or wet market.

True, but I look at it like this. Imagine you’re walking a tightrope 6” off the ground. If a strong wind comes up and blows you over, you could fall just right and die, but it isn’t likely. Now if you’re walking that tightrope over the Grand Canyon, that wind you can’t control has  a much bigger effect and severe end result. 

• Love 1

Just another small reason to doubt the numbers:

A Tennessee woman died six months ago, but that didn’t stop the Shelby County Health Department from sending her a letter notifying her that she tested positive for the Chinese coronavirus and needed to self-quarantine, her bewildered son said Thursday.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/04/tennessee-woman-who-died-6-months-ago-receives-letter-claiming-she-has-coronavirus/

3 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

Just another small reason to doubt the numbers:

A Tennessee woman died six months ago, but that didn’t stop the Shelby County Health Department from sending her a letter notifying her that she tested positive for the Chinese coronavirus and needed to self-quarantine, her bewildered son said Thursday.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/04/tennessee-woman-who-died-6-months-ago-receives-letter-claiming-she-has-coronavirus/

I bet she will vote for Biden too 🙄

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Nashville, encouragingly has been going in the right direction - cases in the double digits daily for the first time since June.....

Hope so, but dunno, I've noticed since I starting keeping track of daily deaths that weekend stats seem pretty wonky, and now with holiday thrown in too.

- OS

6 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Yep.  The scenes of Broadway last night were less than encouraging. 

I meant that I don't think the state reporting systems are up to snuff over weekends, but sure, TN is in large part acting like Covid is in the past, following DJT admin lead.

One reason why IHME is predicting 7,108 TN deaths by Jan 1, quadruple the current count in just 4 months.

- OS

25 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Nashville, encouragingly has been going in the right direction - cases in the double digits daily for the first time since June.

Masks are pretty much 100% in stores. 

And a couple of days ago Knox County decided to start including  “probables” in the total daily count. Thus the big jump @Moped reported.

The madness just never ends.

• Angry 1
7 minutes ago, Garufa said:

And a couple of days ago Knox County decided to start including  “probables” in the total daily count. Thus the big jump @Moped reported.

Just wait till they start including "potentials"........

3 hours ago, Garufa said:

Well, are those "probables" what goes on the death certificate? Meaning, would seem those two things would have to jibe?

- OS

14 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

TN is in large part acting like Covid is in the past

Not around here.  I would guess 95% of people are wearing masks where required and the number of people with them around their chin seems to have decreased.  Maybe they died.  I went running fairly early this morning at a local park with a paved path around the perimeter.  Even people walking the path with only their (presumably) significant other were wearing masks.  People around here are compliant or scared or both.  Biden said it should be mandated that anyone outside should wear a mask.  That's just what runners and folks cutting their grass need 🙄

1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

Not around here.  I would guess 95% of people are wearing masks where required and the number of people with them around their chin seems to have decreased.  Maybe they died.  I went running fairly early this morning at a local park with a paved path around the perimeter.  Even people walking the path with only their (presumably) significant other were wearing masks.  People around here are compliant or scared or both.  Biden said it should be mandated that anyone outside should wear a mask.  That's just what runners and folks cutting their grass need 🙄

Wearing a mask while walking outside?  We went to the local dirt track Saturday night.  While I saw a few masks, no one was wearing one.  Not even the concessions workers. 

2 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Joe Biden can kiss my ass! Unless I’m not social distancing, I will not wear a mask outside.

2 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

If I heard the local ABC station report correctly this morning Miami-Dade is issuing $100 tickets for being OUTSIDE without a mask on ;). I don't know how hardcore they are pursuing them.

The city of Miami can kiss it too! Morons!

• Like 1
  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

If I heard the local ABC station report correctly this morning Miami-Dade is issuing $100 tickets for being OUTSIDE without a mask on ;). I don't know how hardcore they are pursuing them.

Looks like I need to go to Miami. I’ve been wanting one of those tickets from somewhere, anywhere. This far I’ve not managed to get one. It’s disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In Denver right now, most stores require masks, many have private security at the doors for troublemakers.  But once inside, nobody bothers you if it's on your chin, as mine is most times.  Outside, only a few, though its smoky as heck, with falling ash, due to the wildfires.  I noticed on the way here that the hysteria is mostly in the cities, the rural areas are more relaxed about it.

• Like 1