SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

On 9/9/2020 at 9:28 AM, Grayfox54 said:

Shelby Country seems to be over the hump. 1825 active cases. That's about half of what it was just a week or two ago. However, 397 deaths. 

Gonna be interesting to see the numbers in a week or two after the Labor Day weekend. 

If IHME is right, we're not a third of the way through total just until first of the year.

-------------

TN average daily deaths:

March (over last 11 days of month starting 3/21 with first death) 2.0
April 5.8
May 5.3
June 8.0
July 14.7
Aug 690  22.5
September (thru 9/10) 23.4

total TN deaths: 1988

IHME projection for total TN deaths based on Current projection scenario by 1/1/21: 7,108

Total US death projection by 1/1/21: 410,451

- OS

I wonder what else they are covering up?

https://fox17.com/news/local/covid-19-emails-from-nashville-mayors-office-show-disturbing-revelation?utm_source=second-street&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Cover+Up%3f

The coronavirus cases on lower Broadway may have been so low that the mayor’s office and the metro health department decided to keep it secret.

Emails between the mayor’s senior advisor and the health department reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars and restaurants and how to handle that.and most disturbingly how to keep it from the public.

On June 30th, contact tracing was giving a small view of coronavirus clusters. Construction and nursing homes causing problems more than a thousand cases traced to each category, but bars and restaurants reported just 22 cases.

Leslie Waller from the health department asks “This isn’t going to be publicly released, right? Just info for Mayor’s Office?

“Correct, not for public consumption.” Writes senior advisor Benjamin Eagles

A month later the health department is asked point blank about the rumor there are only 80 cases traced to bars and restaurants.

Tennessean reporter Nate Rau asks “the figure you gave of “more than 80” does lead to a natural question: If there have been over 20,000 positive cases of COVID-19 in Davidson and only 80 or so are traced to restaurants and bars, doesn’t that mean restaurants and bars aren’t a very big problem?

Health department official Brian Todd asks 5 health department officials: Please advise how you recommend I respond. BT

The name at the top of the response is clipped off but you may find the answer unacceptable.

“My two cents. We have certainly refused to give counts per bar because those numbers are low per site."

We could still release the total though, and then a response to the over 80 could be “because that number is increasing all the time and we don’t want to say a specific number.

Neither the health department or the mayor’s office would confirm the authenticity of the emails but councilmember Steve Glover had a metro staff attorney inquire. Here’s the official answer:

“I was able to get verification from the Mayor’s Office and the Department of Health that these emails are real” answered the staff attorney.

Glover says this is Metro Nashville orchestrating a cover up. "They are fabricating information. They’ve blown there entire credibility Dennis. Its gone i don’t trust a thing they say going forward ...nothing."

Glover says he has been contacted by an endless stream of downtown bartenders, waitresses, and restaurant owners. Why would they not release these numbers?

"We raised taxes 34 percent and put hundreds literally thousands of people out of work that are now worried about losing their homes their apartments etcetera and we did it on bogus data. That should be illegal!" he says.

Again, we weren’t told by the mayor’s office this wasn’t true. We were told to file a freedom of information act request.

Which allows us now to ask the question.why are you keeping this from us? Why would you even want to? Its just the real numbers and what could possibly be an honorable motive?

Follow FOX Nashville on Flipboard, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

• Thanks 2

We are locked in on numbers. Numbers only give you a true representation if they are legitimate. Like firearms involved in violence, the numbers can be manipulated to show whatever you like. I don’t believe that the people crunching the numbers are trustworthy.

I don’t put much stock in testing numbers, other than to realize that as the number of tests go up, so will the number of cases. Also, plenty of people test positive that never even have and symptoms.

The number of deaths would be a real indicator. But it appears that deaths that are not from Covid are being added.

Like a loaded gun, I understand this is dangerous. But also, like a loaded gun, I suspect those using reasonable safety precautions are at far lower risk.

• Like 2
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

We are locked in on numbers. Numbers only give you a true representation if they are legitimate. Like firearms involved in violence, the numbers can be manipulated to show whatever you like. I don’t believe that the people crunching the numbers are trustworthy.

I don’t put much stock in testing numbers, other than to realize that as the number of tests go up, so will the number of cases. Also, plenty of people test positive that never even have and symptoms.

The number of deaths would be a real indicator. But it appears that deaths that are not from Covid are being added.

Like a loaded gun, I understand this is dangerous. But also, like a loaded gun, I suspect those using reasonable safety precautions are at far lower risk.

When VIRUSES are outlawed, only outlaws will have VIRUSES.

I'd rather have a VIRUS and not need it that need a VIRUS and not have one.

VIRUS control means using both hands.

door fail GIF by Cheezburger

The more research I read, the more I'm convinced that the solution for most people is vitamin supplementation. Multiple studies have found a strong correlation between vitamin D deficiency and severity/prevalence of COVID 19. Over 3/4 of adults and 9/10 African Americans have less than 30nmol/ml of vitamin D. I started taking a 5,000 IU capsule of D3 daily back in March. My D level recently was 82. The recommended range is 30-100. Oak Ridge scientists recently reported that Summitt, the world's 2nd largest computer, had spent an entire week looking at genes and COVID 19 cases. It found that COVID 19 severity was caused by a Bradykinin storm. It recommended several steroids and.... VITAMIN D!!!

I take vitamins A, B-complex, C, D, E, and K, as well as selenium, zinc, and magnesium every day. I recommend that everyone, at a minimum, take a good multivitamin plus C and D. It could save your life.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Then you have cases like in North Carolina that sent out a LOT of false positive reports due to a "glitch" in a computer system. I love how people will blame the computer for their mistakes. 

TN average daily deaths (updated 2PM daily):

April 5.8
May 5.3
June 8.0
July 14.7
Aug 690  22.5
September (thru 9/21) 479 22.8

total deaths 2,233

IHME projections based on current scenario have fallen a bit, good news if pans out:

total TN deaths by 1/1/21: 6,673

Total US projection by 1/1/21: 378,321

- OS

1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Anyone else notice COVID getting less and less media coverage? 

I think the talking heads are more worried about setting the country on fire and keeping Trump out of office than the virus.

Its like anything else, move from one ratings-boosting catastrophe to another. Modern America has a very short attention span.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Anyone else notice COVID getting less and less media coverage? 

Isn’t Mayor Jacobs’ Freedom First video narration getting called out by the Knox County Board of Health and the Knox County Commission trying to quell the powers of said board not enough for the week?

• Haha 1

The CDC, FDA, and even NIH have all been hamstrung by Trump. Standards for the world now find their credibility in shambles.

That has of course filtered down to various states' GOP governors, I'm not sure who has been the most shameful there, although De Santis seems to lead the pack .

It's no wonder that political hackery over basic medical science has filtered quickly down through the ranks of the county/city levels too.

Knox County is gonna win some bad prizes in the coming months I'd posit, a lot of it due to firing up UTK and of course other schools in general. 

UT has a whole dorm dedicated to Covid quarantine, as of a few days ago there were over 2K students there and elsewhere off campus in "self quarantine", and of course all those folks in Ft. Sanders are doing a fine job I'm sure, even during the keggers.

- OS

TN average daily deaths (updated 2PM daily):

April 5.8
May 5.3
June 8.0
July 14.7
Aug 22.5
September 23.2

total TN deaths:  2,454

IHME projection for total TN deaths based on Current projection scenario by 1/1/21:  6,738

- OS

47 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Guess the rallies are off for a few weeks.

You can’t test positive for a liberal hoax.

Seriously, I don’t believe it. I think his advisors wisely want Trump out of circulation for a while for his own good. 

19 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Seriously, I don’t believe it. I think his advisors wisely want Trump out of circulation for a while for his own good. 

Oh, he ain't gonna be out of circulation unless the virus forces the issue.  I'll have to disagree with your thoughts here, no way his advisors want him stuck in the residence on a reduced schedule with nothing to do but tweet and call into Fox News shows during the lull.  Think "executive time" galore.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Oh, he ain't gonna be out of circulation unless the virus forces the issue.  I'll have to disagree with your thoughts here, no way his advisors want him stuck in the residence on a reduced schedule with nothing to do but tweet and call into Fox News shows during the lull.  Think "executive time" galore.

Good point. 

Great news. The first clinical trial on vitamin D and COVID 19 just reported that vitamin D provides a tremendous benefit. The study of 76 COVID patients put 50 in the vitamin D group and 26 in the control group. In the 26 control patients, 13 (50%) were admitted into ICU and 2 (7.7%) died. In the 50 vitamin D patients, only 2 (4%) were admitted into ICU and none died. . I've been saying for months that vitamin D was part of the answer and now we have proof. Vitamin. D. only. costs. six. cents. a. day! Please share this on Facebook and all other forums you're on. We need to get the word out.

https://medium.com/microbial-instincts/the-first-clinical-trial-to-support-vitamin-d-therapy-for-covid-19-906a9d907468

• Like 2
On 9/17/2020 at 7:34 AM, jgradyc said:

The more research I read, the more I'm convinced that the solution for most people is vitamin supplementation. Multiple studies have found a strong correlation between vitamin D deficiency and severity/prevalence of COVID 19. Over 3/4 of adults and 9/10 African Americans have less than 30nmol/ml of vitamin D. I started taking a 5,000 IU capsule of D3 daily back in March. My D level recently was 82. The recommended range is 30-100. Oak Ridge scientists recently reported that Summitt, the world's 2nd largest computer, had spent an entire week looking at genes and COVID 19 cases. It found that COVID 19 severity was caused by a Bradykinin storm. It recommended several steroids and.... VITAMIN D!!!

I take vitamins A, B-complex, C, D, E, and K, as well as selenium, zinc, and magnesium every day. I recommend that everyone, at a minimum, take a good multivitamin plus C and D. It could save your life.

Just to follow up on my post on the vitamin D clinical trial, here is what I posted on vitamin D back on Sept 17th.