SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

11 hours ago, btq96r said:

... no way his advisors want him stuck in the residence on a reduced schedule with nothing to do but tweet and call into Fox News shows ....

Hmm, nary a tweet in over 12 hours. That may be a record.

- OS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Trump is being taken to Walter Reed as a "precautionary move".

He is also getting administered a Regeneron polyclonal antibody cocktail and has been taking zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and a daily aspirin.

Edited by Moped
6 minutes ago, Moped said:

He is also getting administered a Regeneron polyclonal antibody cocktail and has been taking zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and a daily aspirin.

Yep.  Strangely no Hydroxychloroquine.  That Regeneron is still in clinical trials.

• Like 1

I do not respond much on TGO about controversial subjects, but tonight I must.

Our "President" has made a mockery of COVID-19. At various times he has said it was not real, disagreed with the CDC, and has made a political statement of NOT wearing a mask.  And as of tonight, it has all bitten him in the ass.

I wish Trump the best in terms of his personal health.  At the same time, we have come full circle as a country who said COVID was a political hack to the President going to Walter Reed.

It's time for sane and realistic thinking to take place and leave politics out of it.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Luckyforward said:

Our "President" has made a mockery of COVID-19. At various times he has said it was not real, disagreed with the CDC, and has made a political statement of NOT wearing a mask.  And as of tonight, it has all bitten him in the ass.

It difficult for me not to think in terms of heroic Greek tragedy, hamartia, hubris, irony and the like.

I do hope it's just a lesson and not a final judgement though.

- OS

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

It difficult for me not to think in terms of heroic Greek tragedy, hamartia, hubris, irony and the like.

I do hope it's just a lesson and not a final judgement though.

- OS

It’s amazing how wise those that predated some and whose words were incorporated into a certain book have fallen on deaf ears.

The lessons of history are clear. We have thousands of years of experience, yet everyone want to reinvent the wheel.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 3

Unless POTUS has other health issues, why would anyone doubt that he would not recover from covid-19? This whole pandemic thing is the biggest crock ever threw at the American people and the sad part about it, most fell for the lie.  TB infects 15 million a year and 1.5 million die from it, every year now that is my definition of a pandemic.  MSM has been pushing this from every talking head in MSM, or you have read it on the internet so we all know it has to be true, just like the Trump Russian collusion. People wake up, you have been had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, owejia said:

Unless POTUS has other health issues, why would anyone doubt that he would not recover from covid-19? This whole pandemic thing is the biggest crock ever threw at the American people and the sad part about it, most fell for the lie.  TB infects 15 million a year and 1.5 million die from it, every year now that is my definition of a pandemic.  MSM has been pushing this from every talking head in MSM, or you have read it on the internet so we all know it has to be true, just like the Trump Russian collusion. People wake up, you have been had.

He is, after all, the healthiest person to ever run for POTUS. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, owejia said:

Unless POTUS has other health issues, why would anyone doubt that he would not recover from covid-19?

He's 74 years old, overweight, and doesn't exercise.  Not great things to bring to a fight with a respiratory illness.  To his credit, he's avoided smoking and drinking over his lifetime, which is great because the compounding effects aren't present.  Still, COVID-19 can easily exacerbate any of his risk factors with age and fitness.

Clearly he's got all the medical attention anyone could ever get, and the odds are still very tilted in his favor.  But it's not something that can just be waived away given all the factors.

2 hours ago, btq96r said:

He's 74 years old, overweight, and doesn't exercise.  Not great things to bring to a fight with a respiratory illness.  To his credit, he's avoided smoking and drinking over his lifetime, which is great because the compounding effects aren't present.  Still, COVID-19 can easily exacerbate any of his risk factors with age and fitness.

Clearly he's got all the medical attention anyone could ever get, and the odds are still very tilted in his favor.  But it's not something that can just be waived away given all the factors.

And even with all that, he has an over 98% chance of surviving.

I don't do social media. However, I do regularly visit a couple of humor sites made up mostly of memes, cartoons and jokes submitted by the membership. Mostly the stuff posted is just good fun, but politics often gets involved and sometimes its more personal opinion than humor. Sort of semi-social media. I've also noticed that these post are mostly from young people and lean heavily to the left. Boy! Are they going nuts over this! Everything from "I'm glad he got it" to "serves him right".  I've also learned that almost all social media sites have banned any Trump death wish posts. Reports are that Twitter as already had to delete over a million such posts. It makes me both sad and angry that politics has divided our nation to the point that so many people would wish our Commander In Chief to die. 

I've listened to the news conferences with the President's medical team. In the Q&A, not one reporter has asked, "Why is the President taking zinc and vitamin D? Do you recommend it? If not, why is he taking it?"

You'd think at least ONE reporter would care about the thousands of people dying worldwide every day and would like to know if these supplements could prevent some of those deaths. 

1 hour ago, jgradyc said:

I've listened to the news conferences with the President's medical team. In the Q&A, not one reporter has asked, "Why is the President taking zinc and vitamin D? Do you recommend it? If not, why is he taking it?"

You'd think at least ONE reporter would care about the thousands of people dying worldwide every day and would like to know if these supplements could prevent some of those deaths. 

Real concern over Covid death disappeared when the ratings dropped. Reporters don't get paid to think....or care.

• Like 1

I've never understood the compulsion to post details of your private life for millions of people you don't know.  Likewise, I couldn't care less about what some total stranger does or thinks. I'm a big believer in privacy and minding my own business. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I've never understood the compulsion to post details of your private life for millions of people you don't know.  Likewise, I couldn't care less about what some total stranger does or thinks. I'm a big believer in privacy and minding my own business. 

Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with a bunch of people you hoped you'd never see again. 

• Haha 1