SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Garufa said:

Good grief. The tests are only $129.99 - $139.99 plus tax I'm sure.

Costco selling COVID-19 saliva test kits

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/costco-selling-covid-19-test-kits-online/507-d1afc9f0-ce29-4c47-b46b-0c10ee6c1178

For that I'll pass. Anyway, does the Health Dept. charge for the testing? I really don't know, as I've avoided those long lines. lol

On 10/24/2020 at 9:46 AM, gary_boom said:

Health dept doesn’t charge for the test but the tax payers are paying for them. Nothing is free.

And they are apparently a waste of money.  A friend of a friend works at a local hospital and revealed that they are lumping tests into batches of 15, testing one of them, and then calling all 15 whatever the result was for the one.  So there's really no point in even getting tested.  

• Wow 1
  • Angry 1
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Shorty said:

Those batch tests were supposed to be a faster way to test and use less supplies.  If the batch came up positive, each sample in the batch would be tested individually to ID the affected. At least that was the intent.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing that they’d mark all of them as positive in that case. What you say makes sense. In a case where a whole batch tests negative, you save a bunch of tests in that case. Worst case if it tests positive, I guess you’d use an extra test in total. 

I have been tested twice. Negative result each time. Many coworkers and their families have tested positive. We have safety precautions in place at work.

So far, in my case, they have been working. 

More people are staying inside due to the weather. Common sense tells me that will cause the numbers to rise. What they do with the numbers or how they do it has zero impact on my health. Do I think Covid is real and it can kill me? Of course. So I take the necessary precautions. I wear a mask when I go out and use hand sanitizer after I have handled something that could possibly have the virus on it. Do I think that will keep me from getting the virus? Nope, but it could reduce my chances.

Do I think anything can be done by the government (no matter which side is in charge)? Nope, other than fast tracking a vaccine and throwing money at the companies that are working on it. But the government should not be telling businesses they can’t open. Homicide, suicide, domestic violence, and violent crimes that occur when income is shut off is as real as Covid.

• Like 2

I have witnessed Narcan completely heal COVID in less than 2 mins. This isnt coming from the ole super reliable news companys . This is watching Lazarus rise from the dead stuff. 

All kidding aside . I believe the numbers are super over blown to create panic. It is a real thing but just as the FLU . Its being used to beat us into submission by wrecking the economy. You know China is loving this. 

BTW when a firefighter gets dispatched on any kind of breathing problems its coded as COVID . Then the ff/emt shows up to an heroin od . The ff then gives NARCAN and covid gone..... but still gets listed as covid when he gets to the hospital. Follow the money. 

Over all point .... wash your hands and dont let people cough in your face and your good.

take zinc and vit c drink water. 

I had it in march and i waterboarded  COVID into submission for 5 days with Evan Williams and here i sit typing my opinions away . 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have had doubts about the numbers for a long time. They are testing many 1000's of people each day but the test results take several days to come back and I honestly believe that they just add a bunch of numbers to what they had the day before just to show changes. The numbers for the most part may not be close to accurate but they thrown them against the wall and see what sticks that day and that's what they go with for that day. If the numbers come back lower than what was expected they don't make the change cause that would not be big news and they would have to admit they screwed up the  day before. If a person tests positive but is not sick and never gets sick did they really have the virus? That is anyone's guess and I think that is where the recovered numbers come from they post but again who really knows? I have actually quit looking at the numbers because I know they are far from accurate. I have a good stock of supplies in my home to last me if there is a case of panic buying and I add a few things every time my Daughter and SIL goes to the store for me.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
17 minutes ago, Moped said:

But most people are ignoring the numbers and going about their business, but wearing masks.

I am seeing a lot of masks everywhere I go. They seem to be the most effective tool we’ve got.

97,000 new cases today. 2500 of those folks are likely to be dead a month from now.

Something to consider as the air gets colder and drier - and a respiratory virus will hang in the air a lot longer.  The actions that we were comfortable with during the warm weather months may not keep you safe now.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I am seeing a lot of masks everywhere I go. They seem to be the most effective tool we’ve got.

97,000 new cases today. 2500 of those folks are likely to be dead a month from now. 

But no one is noticing. They wear their masks and go do as they well. Everyone is tired of hearing about it. Fatigue has sit in.

• Moderators

The only way out, is through. No matter how much folks want there to be another way, there isn’t. We can’t go back to locking it all down again. The costs are too high. All we’ve accomplished with the lockdowns is the destruction of our economy. Folks are still going to get it, and they are still going to die. There’s no way around that. I think we are coming back full circle to what the original plan was, flattening the curve so that medical services are not overwhelmed. It’s time to stop lying to ourselves and accept the inevitable. 

The only way out is through. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Something to consider as the air gets colder and drier - and a respiratory virus will hang in the air a lot longer.  The actions that we were comfortable with during the warm weather months may not keep you safe now.

You see a lot fewer of them in WilCo than Davidson unless something has changed in the last week while I have been and still am in Maryland.

17 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

The only way out, is through. No matter how much folks want there to be another way, there isn’t. We can’t go back to locking it all down again. The costs are too high. All we’ve accomplished with the lockdowns is the destruction of our economy. Folks are still going to get it, and they are still going to die. There’s no way around that. I think we are coming back full circle to what the original plan was, flattening the curve so that medical services are not overwhelmed. It’s time to stop lying to ourselves and accept the inevitable. 

The only way out is through. 

I have my own opinion about it but I wanted to ask you.  

Why didnt the first lockdown work?  Why was that not successful?  Rather why after it did work did it then begin to not be enough to ultimately be successful?

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I have my own opinion about it but I wanted to ask you.  

Why didnt the first lockdown work?  Why was that not successful?  Rather why after it did work did it then begin to not be enough to ultimately be successful?

Short answer in my opinion is inevitability. I believe there are two kinds of people. Those who’ve had COVID-19 and those who will get it. 

• Like 2