SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

31 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Patently wrong. It's more like, if the other guy farts you still smell it because pants - like masks - leak.

Poot air molecules are far smaller than Covid molecules.

Edited by Garufa
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

They still leak - hence your glasses fogging up when you are wearing one. That's like a smokestack on a train as you walk down the aisle of a store.

But it looks like you care. Virtue signaling is a powerful tool in today's world.😀

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm not a fan of masks. But to prevent aerosols from your mouth getting into the air they can do a half ass job. The problem is that people will wear a mask and touch it and then touch a door knob or anything else and then touch their eye and it just gets to the point that their isn't a point to it. Youre never gonna get people to do what they have to to really help with the problem so it seems to me, in my total not-to-be-taken-serious, opinion that your best course of action is that if youre at risk of getting sick stay home. If you're sick stay home. Just gotta play this with some common sense. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Huh?

All the dumbazzes stumbling around WalMart staring at their phones while wearing masks on their chins aren't helping a damn thing. You may feel good doing it. Other people may feel good about you doing it, but that doesn't change the fact that masks are simply window dressing.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, JunkiCosmonaut said:

I'm not a fan of masks. But to prevent aerosols from your mouth getting into the air they can do a half ass job. The problem is that people will wear a mask and touch it and then touch a door knob or anything else and then touch their eye and it just gets to the point that their isn't a point to it. Youre never gonna get people to do what they have to to really help with the problem so it seems to me, in my total not-to-be-taken-serious, opinion that your best course of action is that if youre at risk of getting sick stay home. If you're sick stay home. Just gotta play this with some common sense. 

Yes, in medical science it's call a "vector." Most diseases are transmitted by contaminating a surface with the virus, someone else touching that surface, and then they either rub their eyes or pick their nose which causes the virus to penetrate the mucosa to enter the body. I place more of an emphasis on sanitizing my hands as I leave a public building or entering my car over a mask. I DO wear a mask out of respect for the businesses that require it. Early reports of virus spread directly through the air were questionable because they did NOT know the incubation period of the virus. In other words, you may think that you are quarantined on a ship, but that doesn't mean that you didn't already have it, and it's just been cooking away in your DNA until ready to break-out.

To put it bluntly, this virus caught the medical profession off guard, and they were scrambling to crap answers for the public. Unfortunately, it became politicized in the process to induce panic. I speculate that after pervert Joe takes office it'll suddenly not be such a big deal, and he'll push the vaccine as if were his accomplishment.

Edited by E4 No More
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I speculate that after pervert Joe takes office it'll suddenly not be such a big deal, and he'll push the vaccine as if were his accomplishment.

He already is touting the distribution plan as if his dumb azz came up with it. But hey, if he quits calling it a “Trump Vaccine” and understands people don’t need to risk death so he can get votes; all is well. Or at least as good as it can be under the circumstances.

• Like 1

TN average daily deaths (updated 2PM daily):

March (over last 11 days of month starting 3/21 with first death) 2.0
April 5.8
May 5.3
June 8.0
July 14.7
Aug  22.5
September 23.2
October 29.0
November (thru 20th) 42.4  (new daily record on the 19th: 80)

total TN deaths 4,202

IHME projection based on current projection scenario by March 1, 2021: 9,403

- OS

6 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

TN average daily deaths (updated 2PM daily):

March (over last 11 days of month starting 3/21 with first death) 2.0
April 5.8
May 5.3
June 8.0
July 14.7
Aug  22.5
September 23.2
October 29.0
November (thru 20th) 42.4  (new daily record on the 19th: 80)

total TN deaths 4,202

IHME projection based on current projection scenario by March 1, 2021: 9,403

- OS

Those are impressive numbers. Where do I go to find the numbers related to COPD, CHF, MI, etc for the period starting March 3/21.

Would love to have a comparison for the numbers of those related deaths to the averages of related deaths for the last 3 years before Covid. Now that would be some worthwhile information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Pawpawduece said:

Those are impressive numbers. Where do I go to find the numbers related to COPD, CHF, MI, etc for the period starting March 3/21.

Would love to have a comparison for the numbers of those related deaths to the averages of related deaths for the last 3 years before Covid. Now that would be some worthwhile information.

Info is scattered.

CDC has leading causes 2014 - 2017 at:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/states/tennessee/tennessee.htm

TN itself doesn't seem to publish on web that kind of breakdown that I can find, only general scattershot death numbers/rates/causes (and only 2009-2018 at:

https://www.tn.gov/health/health-program-areas/statistics/health-data/death-statistics.html

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

The wife and I got tested yesterday. She wasn’t feeling good and her work told her to get tested and stay home until she got the results back. The drive through line was over two blocks long, but moved pretty fast; it took about 30 minutes.

They said usually is takes about 3 days for results, but due to the increased testing they expected it could take 5 days or more.

36 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Shelby County is about to mandate wearing a mask between bites at a restaurant.  i guess we need to put some more people out of work.  

How is that supposed to work at a bbq joint?  Just bring a box of masks in with you?

• Haha 4
12 hours ago, Garufa said:

How is that supposed to work at a bbq joint?  Just bring a box of masks in with you?

It won't.  People will get frustrated with this idiocy and stop eating out.  Popeye's and Subway can do carryout only and survive such a mandate, but the sit-down restaurants will suffer and lay off/furlough/terminate the wait staff and, depending on how long this new mandate lasts, possibly close the doors. 

I think folks are getting fed up with all this. 

Videos and photos posted on social media late Saturday in California showed a strong turnout for what was billed as a "Curfew Breakers" protest against Gov. Gavin Newsom's latest coronavirus mitigation orders.

Images showed demonstrators -- many with American flags or Trump 2020 flags -- reveling in what seemed like a New Year's Eve-style celebration. Passing vehicles could be heard honking in support.

At a simultaneous rally in San Clemente, Calif., demonstrators were seen gathered around a fire, with members of the crowd tossing protective face coverings into the flames.

"Burn that mask! Burn that mask!" crowd members were heard shouting.

After Newsom issued his order, several California sheriffs said they had no plans to enforce the curfew.

"We've got a lot of things to do, including taking guns away from gang members, stopping narcotic trafficking, and saving children from internet predators," Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims said during a video briefing Thursday afternoon, according to Fresno’s FOX 26.

“We’re not gonna make criminals of normally law-abiding citizens.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/huntington-beach-protest-expected-against-californias-coronavirus-curfew

• Like 2

I haven't read much about it, but my biggest question about the coming vaccine is what is the plan for an end game?  Will this vaccine be like measles or polio--one dose and good for life?  Or will it be like a flu shot--different every year and always needing to be adjusted or redeveloped?  If it's the latter, are we facing lockdowns and mask mandates for the rest of our days?  Are people ok with this?

• Like 2