SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Ha,ha,ha... I'm surprised FaceBook hasn't banned him. 🤣

Mask mandate doesn't mean many/any more people abide by it than those who simply do it by choice; especially in a red state where the issue has become largely one of politics rather than health.

I see this as nature's beta test for reducing the population. The half a million or so ain't jack, but it shows that we're a very easy mark for a more lethal one.

- OS

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Mask mandate doesn't mean many/any more people abide by it than those who simply do it by choice; especially in a red state where the issue has become largely one of politics rather than health.

I see this as nature's beta test for reducing the population. The half a million or so ain't jack, but it shows that we're a very easy mark for a more lethal one.

- OS

OS,

I wear a mask when I go out. Does it help? I honestly don’t have any idea. You can do anything you like with the data depending on what you are trying to show. But it doesn’t bother me, so I do my part.

My point was, and why I laughed out loud when I saw it was that he was presenting what I can only assume (I did not fact check him) are facts that show it really doesn’t matter. I don’t think the mask wearing is political, and maybe that’s why FaceBook hasn’t removed it yet. Or it could be that they haven’t caught it yet. 🙃

3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

If we are in fact being lied to, what is the motive? 

You started with this....

Then went to this...

Thanks Erik, great points! I'll admit it appears incongruous.

It was Rahm Emmanuel, who is most widely quoted for suggesting "never let a crisis go to waste."

I'm not trying to favor one political flavor over another, as much of the debate about this virus forms up along political divisions instead of getting to the real point. Many folks are blinded to the reality of their situation due to ideology. Set that aside. Ask why are some (highly vulnerable) populations completely unaffected? Why aren't the Amish lining up at the hospitals or dying off one commune at a time? One exposed person would absolutely devestate a tight knit community like that... if what we're being sold was the truth?

Motive is pretty simple, as that was the reason for me pointing out the election fraud. You don't think thats been in the works for a few years? They just pulled it out last minute? I'd dare say the virus was released in concert with the fraudulent election (just like the threat of increasing lockdowns just happens to coincide with mounting resistance to the election fraud?) but then folks would think I'm some tinfoil hat wearing nutjob! Its not like Government organs would EVER do ANYTHING to harm the American population!

BLM can burn down a federal courthouse and grafitti streets without facing any charges but peacefully march to protest a stolen election and you'll be jailed for violating a(n UnConstitutional) health dept. emergency order mandate! Still don't feel that boot on your neck?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

Why aren't the Amish lining up at the hospitals or dying off one commune at a time?

I know a couple of Amish folks in the Deer Park area. The father-in-law of one of them died of the virus, and another one believes that he himself had it, though he's slowly recovering.  The man who's recovering has not been tested, so far as I know. The man who died was tested and had the virus.  That's very anecdotal, of course, but it shows that the Amish aren't avoiding it entirely.

It's also worth noting that the Amish are, in-general, people who spend a lot of time working hard out of doors. The few I know are lean and in good health, eat the way human beings are meant to eat, and don't sit around doing nothing.

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Erik88 said:

Aren't the Amish world champions at social distancing? 🙂

LOL. True... and honestly I debated about using it as a point for a moment until I realized it only reinforces my point : outside their community they are extremely shy, and if this virus _was_ as deadly and communicable, surely someone working one of their many roadside stands and stores would catch it through ourside contact. That community would then be dead within weeks, as they shun outside medicine as well. But thats not happening. Anywhere. Ever. Not once. All these isolated groups of people we're told are ignorant rubes (deplorables)... yet the virus is rampant in and killing scores in the big cities, where our best and brightest suggest they know better. Thats what the mayor of Blount is trying to point out. The data doesn't support the theory. We're being manipulated. Its patently obvious.

3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Aren't the Amish world champions at social distancing? 🙂

And where is the database for "antifa" or "BLM" or "the homeless"?  I'm sure those populations are being affected according to the same contagion factors as anyone else.

People don't "fall over in the streets" from Covid. We die laying down, at home, in hospitals, in tents on the street. We don't die en masse, we die one by one. At projected total deaths of half a million, that's maybe .25% of us.

All pretty inconsequential, unless it you or yours that fall into that group.

------------

edit: of course I meant that last sentence in a statistical sense, not as valuation of individual human life.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

And where is the database for "antifa" or "BLM" or "the homeless"?  I'm sure those populations are being affected according to the same contagion factors as anyone else.

People don't "fall over in the streets" from Covid. We die laying down, at home, in hospitals, in tents on the street. We don't die en masse, we die one by one. At projected total deaths of half a million, that's maybe .25% of us.

- OS

MSM said it, so it must be true. 🙄

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/coronavirus-cases-protests-black-lives-matter-trnd/index.html

• Haha 1
  • Admin Team
55 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

- OS

I can speak to the homeless here in Nashville. We’ve had several cases - and some deaths.

Luckily we’ve got some truly great non-profits here that have helped that population manage it like the rest of us have had to.

I’m on the schedule to spend the night next week as a part of one of those programs  - so I guess you could say I’ve got reason to keep up with the data. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Erik88 said:

All year we've been told by certain groups that the virus will vanish once the election is over. The election is over and that hasn't happened. Maybe we should move the goal post and say it will now vanish when Trump is out of office?  If we are in fact being lied to, what is the motive? 

I admit that many a Trump supporter said that the virus would be a non-issue come November 4.  I wasn’t one of them.  In fact, I’ve told many people who said this that the virus wasn’t going anywhere.  The Democrats smelled a majority Senate and thought they could use the virus to pass a $2 trillion or $3 trillion (or whatever the figure now is) woke wet dream disguised as covid relief.  The more jobs lost and businesses closed, the more people can be paid more than they were making to stay home.  The Democrats need the virus to last so they can milk it all they can.  

I was/am one of those.  As soon as this China Virus is no longer "useful" you will see much less reporting on it.  Right now, the election is far from over, so they will still try and use it to do whatever it is they want passed.  Problem is, people are getting wise to the BS, and noticing that their "beloved" leaders are not following their own mandates, because you know they are only for us peasants. 

• Thanks 1

Don't see this on MSM anywhere, and online links to the data are being memory holed. All hail benevolent government!!!

"According to this graph constructed using data provided by the CDC from the last 6 years, total deaths have remained relatively constant and increases can be explained by various factors such as a larger population. The spikes in deaths in 2020 are consistent with historical trends, only topping 2018 by 11,292 deaths. There have been over 262,000 deaths attributed to Covid-19 in the United States, yet total deaths have not increased in any alarming capacity; they have only mirrored existing trends. In short, according to 6 years of data collected by the CDC, Covid-19 has not led to any significant increase in deaths"

https://www.aier.org/article/new-study-highlights-serious-accounting-error-regarding-covid-deaths/

Oh my GOSH! You mean the 'news media' is manipulating statistics to drive an agenda? INCONCEIVABLE!

Its funny how we can have a quarter million KungFlu deaths in the same year seasonal flu deaths drop by 200k. Just a coinkidink. Don't bother looking into the data at all, just parrot what the talking head on the tee vee said.

Now someone will quote an unverified outlier of a story (read on facebook) about ONE guy who wasn't a  morbidly obese diabetic smoker with a heart condition who died from Covid to refute the 6 years of data you posted.

A co-worker of mine lost his sister suddenly this Spring (30s, no underlying conditions). I had to cover for him for a week, official cause of death? Covid. When he quizzed her doctor, he said she had a blood clot break free and get to her brain, but Sevier County recorded it as a KungFlu statistic.

People will believe what they want to believe, even when reality is smacking them in the face so hard it leaves welts. I'm not your red pill. Continue going about your life like you always have. Ignore that feeling in the back of your brain that it just doesn't feel right. Probably just some bad curry.

2020-11-27_6-27-49.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

I looked for this kind of information recently, and wasn't able to find it. Kudos for digging it up. I read through a CDC study that DID attribute a lot of excess deaths to COVID. One more example that we live in an era of selected information. Who was it who said there are lies, damn lies, and statistics?

13 minutes ago, Darrell said:

I looked for this kind of information recently, and wasn't able to find it.

One more example that we live in an era of selected information. Who was it who said there are lies, damn lies, and statistics?

The co-ordinated efforts at supressing some information while promoting others that has been taking place in the media should scare the bejeezuz out of everyone. Used to be the Wash Post and WSJ were a little left-leaning, while other outlets had a conservative bent. You had some balance. They are all now in lock-step with a given agenda. Dissenting viewpoints are actively filtered/removed and demonetized (OAN kicked off utube). The power google holds with their ad revenue can and is being weilded ccoercively. Their ability to (de)rank and promote viewpoints has been proven time and time again. Pravda wasn't nearly as powerful...

Forget who, but know the quote you're referring to. What bothers me more than the manipulation of conclusions from the data, is the massaging of the data itself. Two very recent events (Election and KungFlu) and one long ranging one ('climate change') are very serious topics marred by illegitimate data. If you can't count on the counting (see what I did there? 😇), you can't make any conclusions! The vote counts are tainted and in serious question in some cases, so we dunno who's Pres., Covid numbers aren't just being fudged, and the raw instrument readings being used to make graphs that prove our planet is warming up, were actually 'adjusted' by the scientists doing the recording.  I'm no scientist, but if you don't have good data, you're not going to get the right answers. The lack of truth in our society is underlying many of our ills. Why society has reached that point I'll leave for another day!

• Like 2

Dunno about all that, but a quick look at CDC total death count for 2019/2020 at:

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Weekly-Counts-of-Deaths-by-State-and-Select-Causes/muzy-jte6/data

I grabbed/pasted together the "all causes column". Not going to add them up myself, but I didn't see any in 2019 that hit 59K, but a bunch of them hit that and above in 2020. Look especially at March-Aug

You'd have to do some real statistical digging to determine the rate of specific types of deaths and how the Covid year affected them. Like fewer from some reasons (less driving, whatever) more from others (suicides maybe), whatever.

- OS

1.jpg.3a95f4dcea43d12fac0d1c3ef3797b8a.jpg

2.jpg.80de8945392b7cb1a273087c42458f7f.jpg

3.jpg.799d64582eebc103d697536e2ac7c79a.jpg

4.jpg.61d44a02ed775399c377aaf54cb22d94.jpg

5.jpg.a6ba65477ff8f8637a43636564373d73.jpg

Edited by Oh Shoot
6 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Dunno about all that, but a quick look at CDC total death count for 2019/2020 at:

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Weekly-Counts-of-Deaths-by-State-and-Select-Causes/muzy-jte6/data

I grabbed/pasted together the "all causes column". Not going to add them up myself, but I didn't see any in 2019 that hit 59K, but a bunch of them hit that and above in 2020. Look especially at March-Aug

You'd have to do some real statistical digging to determine the rate of specific types of deaths and how the Covid year affected them. Like fewer from some reasons (less driving, whatever) more from others (suicides maybe), whatever.

- OS

I looked at last month 2019/2020. I compared deaths, deaths from COVID-19 to the population and then compared those to cancer and heart disease. Here is that data from what you linked.

uBzXmLI.jpg

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I looked at last month 2019/2020. I compared deaths, deaths from COVID-19 to the population and then compared those to cancer and heart disease. Here is that data from what you linked.

uBzXmLI.jpg

Good mining.

So, Covid doesn't kill as many of us as a couple of already existing maladies. I'd call that a fortunate circumstance.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Haha 2