SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

22 hours ago, Big Gai Anti-Gun Communist said:

Something to consider if you plan on taking a COVID vaccine when it's released hoping to reduce your risk of spreading the virus to vulnerable people. If you are in low risk category, it might be far safer to you and your loved ones if you pass on taking a vaccine. If you do take it, should probably consider quarantining yourself for several weeks. The risk of asymptomatic spread of COVID from any of the vaccines may be low, but until we have independent data verifying that, we are flying blind.    

Vaccines don't prevent transmission, they prevent symptoms. The anti-vax crowd has proven that viruses once thought eradicated are still around.  Of course there are millions of asymptomatic carriers of dozens of viruses, thats been true for decades.  

• Like 1

As I've said before, I will forsake any of the China Virus vaccines until they've been thourouly vetted.  And with every one of them in the low 90 percentile of effectiveness, and the virus' survivability in the high 90 percentile I like my chances.  

Once I get into the higher risk category, which hopefully by then it will be almost gone, or severly diminished, I'll probably take it if they find that the antibodies don't last long.  Most likely it will be like the flu, coming back every year with a different strain, if not I'm sure they'll come up with another reason to keep giving the shots.

TN average daily deaths (updated 2PM daily):

March      0.7  (first death 3/21/20)
April        5.8
May         5.3
June        8.0
July        14.7
Aug       22.5
Sept      23.2
Oct       29.0
Nov      41.9
Dec      58.1 (thru 7th)               

total TN deaths 5,009

IHME projection based on current projection scenario by April 1, 2021: 10,494

- OS

4 hours ago, Big Gai Anti-Gun Communist said:

If TN recording is anything like Florida, ...

I wouldn't use FL as any kind of comparison as to veracity of anything Covid related. DeSantis has played fast and loose with all data since the gitgo, even squelched it entirely for a while. He reached a new shameful level today by raiding Rebkah Jones' home.  (pick your poison); https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=fl+raid+on+rebekah+jones

If anything, TN daily rate may be often a bit under reported, as per this note:

"Please note for deaths: Some deaths may be reported by health care providers,
hospitals, medical examiners, local health departments, or others before they are
included in the statewide count."

That said, Tn weekend/holiday daily totals are almost always lower than most M-F rates; I'd put that down to localized reporting lagging from the average facility that is less clerically staffed during those times, so some of those counts may well get folded into the next biz day.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

I wouldn't use FL as any kind of comparison as to veracity of anything Covid related. DeSantis has played fast and loose with all data since the gitgo, even squelched it entirely for a while. He reached a new shameful level today by raiding Rebkah Jones' home.  (pick your poison); https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=fl+raid+on+rebekah+jones

If anything, TN daily rate may be often a bit under reported, as per this note:

"Please note for deaths: Some deaths may be reported by health care providers,
hospitals, medical examiners, local health departments, or others before they are
included in the statewide count."

That said, Tn weekend/holiday daily totals are almost always lower than most M-F rates; I'd put that down to localized reporting lagging from the average facility that is less clerically staffed during those times, so some of those counts may well get folded into the next biz day.

- OS

So now the Government is using Gestapo tactics for retaliation. DeSantisbis fkn moron!

• Like 1

I don't know, sounds like they may have had a reason.  Seems her ip address wad used to access an emergency communication system to send out an unauthorized message.  And, notice it was just regular LEO, not a swat team with helicopter support as in Gen Flynn's  case.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2020/12/07/agents-raid-home-fired-florida-data-scientist-who-built-covid-19-dashboard-rebekah-jones/6482817002/

"Ms. Jones refused to come to the door for 20 minutes and hung up on agents. After several attempts and verbal notifications that law enforcement officers were there to serve a legal search warrant, Ms. Jones eventually came to the door and allowed agents to enter," Plessinger said. "Ms. Jones' family was upstairs when agents made entry into the home."

Of course non of that is shown in the video.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

This won't be comforting to a lot of folks 

UK Requires ‘Resuscitation Facilities’ at Corona Vaccine Centres After Allergic Reactions

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/12/09/resuscitation-facilities-required-at-corona-vaccination-hubs-in-uk-after-two-experience-anaphylactoid-reaction-to-the-jab-15198362/

Like I said in some other post, I'll let others be the guinea pigs.

16 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

This won't be comforting to a lot of folks 

UK Requires ‘Resuscitation Facilities’ at Corona Vaccine Centres After Allergic Reactions

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/12/09/resuscitation-facilities-required-at-corona-vaccination-hubs-in-uk-after-two-experience-anaphylactoid-reaction-to-the-jab-15198362/

There is always going to be a certain amount of worry about a reaction from any vaccine or medicine.  If you've had issues in the past with a reaction of a vaccine or to medicines, you should probably wait to have take the vaccine. 0,6% is a pretty small amount.  Basically 6 people out of every 1000. 

1 hour ago, Moped said:

There is always going to be a certain amount of worry about a reaction from any vaccine or medicine.  If you've had issues in the past with a reaction of a vaccine or to medicines, you should probably wait to have take the vaccine. 0,6% is a pretty small amount.  Basically 6 people out of every 1000. 

If you think 0.6% is a pretty small number, would you agree that 0.087% is also pretty small? That’s the percentage of COVID deaths within the US population based on a US population of 331 million and current US COVID deaths estimated at 290k. If you factor in only about 6% of the 250k deaths (15,000) dying from COVID alone, that brings the COVID alone death rate to 0.000045%. Pretty hard to justify what’s been done to our country over numbers like that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
28 minutes ago, Danger Rane said:

If you think 0.6% is a pretty small number, would you agree that 0.087% is also pretty small? That’s the percentage of COVID deaths within the US population based on a US population of 331 million and current US COVID deaths estimated at 290k. If you factor in only about 6% of the 250k deaths (15,000) dying from COVID alone, that brings the COVID alone death rate to 0.000045%. Pretty hard to justify what’s been done to our country over numbers like that.

That's a reaction to the vaccine. Not deaths.  Big difference in the two, at least to me.  I know many of you don't care, though.  It's all about your "freedom".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Moped said:

That's a reaction to the vaccine. Not deaths.  Big difference in the two, at least to me.  I know many of you don't care, though.  It's all about your "freedom".

Freedom to not be forced/coerced/mandated/obligated to get a vaccine for a politicized virus that was rushed into production, has not been tested like other vaccines, and has unknown/undetermined long-term side effects?  You’re damn skippy. 

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Trekbike said:

One use of the drug is a heartworm preventative in dogs unless I'm mistaken.    

Its a broad spectrum medicine useful against nematodes and worms. Pigs, chickens, cows.. I used it on corals in my reef tanks back in the day, believe it or not!

• Admin Team

For some personal reasons, I’m thankful that it took a few days longer than the December 6 prediction that I had originally made for COVID related deaths to surpass September 11 deaths.

But it’s hard to fathom that only the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake and Antietam have seen more American casualties than yesterday did:

image.png

Pearl Harbor would round out number 10 at 2,403. 

3 hours ago, jgradyc said:

I had not heard of this drug so I did a search. Clinicaltrials.gov reports that 44 clinical trials are underway on Ivermectin and COVID-19.  

1 hour ago, ReeferMac said:

Its a broad spectrum medicine useful against nematodes and worms. Pigs, chickens, cows.. I used it on corals in my reef tanks back in the day, believe it or not!

I used to sell that when I worked at TSC for cows that had worms. 

34 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

But it’s hard to fathom that only the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake and Antietam have seen more American casualties than yesterday did:

I googled some stats (CDC) and did some very quick math (which may be off base), but per that it looks like an average of 7,900 people die on the average day in the USA.  

What may not be as easy to identify, is what is the degree of overlap between the 8k that die on the average day, and the 3k that are being reported as "having covid at time of death".     How many per day are dying total, compared to the 8k average?    Is that published somewhere?

Edited by Guest
33 minutes ago, Big Gai Anti-Gun Communist said:

Give me liberty or give me death, wasn't that the underlying mantra of the American Revolution? 

"What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775

I got the swine flu and influenza which were both statistically more deadly for my age bracket than the newest Kung Flu. No one sacrificed any liberties to prevent me from dying and I certainly would not have asked them too. Those who are willing to so quickly give up their essential liberties for temporary safety, will get neither.

You can say what you want. Beat your chest till your black and blue for “freedom”. But it all comes down to personal responsibility and integrity. I have no intention of causing another individual to become ill or even die, because I don’t want to wear a mask or take a vaccine. But you go ahead and do you. I’ll do me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, BlessTheUSA said:

I googled some stats (CDC) and did some very quick math (which may be off base), but per that it looks like an average of 7,900 people die on the average day in the USA.  

What may not be as easy to identify, is what is the degree of overlap between the 8k that die on the average day, and the 3k that are being reported as "having covid at time of death".     How many per day are dying total, compared to the 8k average?    Is that published somewhere?

DING DING DING!!!

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Its a bad flu that nicks old people. Thats what the stats say when you find them.

• Like 1

First, thanks to AuEagle for posting on Ivermectin. I wonder why it hasn't gotten more publicity. I'm usually on top of all COVID 19 treatments and I had never heard of it. 

I'm not taking a position on the freedom vs masks debate. I'm just posting this to say masking works. The CDC puts out a weekly influenza surveillance report. Comparing this year's flu cases to last year's is eye-popping.

Last year through week 48 (Nov30), 227,629 flu tests were done with 10,326 positives.

This year through week 48, 140,863 influenza tests were done with 84 positives. 

That's a 99.2% decrease based on positive cases. 

It's equally obvious that masking isn't stopping the spread of this disease. We need to be doing more... hence, vaccines, but they are also problematic, in my opinion.

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines use the mRNA approach, which shows promise, but has never been used for a vaccine. That's also scary. What are the long term effects a year or two down the road? More immediately, how will it interact with the flu vaccine? Most people get their flu shots in Oct-Dec, but the vaccine tests were done in the summer long after those volunteers took their flu vaccines. 

If I could stockpile human grade Ivermectin for my family, I would do so. Same with hydroxychloroquine. 

But I can take vitamin D3... 63 FDA-approved clinical trials on vitamin D are underway, which is impressive considering that it's natural and can't be sold for outrageous profits by Big Pharma. 

Specifically, I take 5,000 IU of vitamin D3, plus C, B12, K2, a multivitamin, zinc, magnesium, and melatonin every day. I also take another dozen or so supplements. As we age, our cells lose the ability to work efficiently. Supplements improve cellular efficiency, but equally important, they insure that the cells have an abundance of raw materials to work with. 

My sister and her husband are in several high risk categories... over 70, overweight, multiple pre-existing medical conditions.  When she got COVID about three weeks ago, I next day shipped vitamin D3+K2 and zinc to her.  She's recovering. Did those supplements make a difference? I guess we will never know. I think i had COVIDS back in June. I had several symptoms but they lasted only a few hours. The severe shortness of breath lasted for 4 months! Did supplements help me? I think so. 

Edited by jgradyc
  • Like 2