SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

On 12/23/2020 at 5:33 PM, Garufa said:

This situation is no joke.  People that need immediate emergency care for non-covid issues may very well die when normally they would not.

This is what people who keep talking about the low likelihood of death from COVID-19 miss.

• Like 3
On 12/24/2020 at 6:55 AM, ReeferMac said:

That old saw about giving up a little liberty in exchange for security seems apropos here?

Several countries have not instituted draconian lockdown measures and have fared similar if not better than many nations, but the press doesn't like to talk about Sweden and their ilk because it hurts the fear narrative to present opposing data.

First bolded comment... go get the context for that statement.  He didnt mean what you think he meant.

The second bolded comment... Sweden has now said they were wrong.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=sweden+covid-19&rlz=1C1ASUM_enUS817US817&oq=sweden+covid-19

https://www.politico.eu/article/stefan-lofven-sweden-coronavirus-escape/

On 12/24/2020 at 7:17 AM, ReeferMac said:

Giving up your rights, liberty, and security in exchange for the facade of effective preventative measures is exactly what our forefathers warned us about. The statistical data, or 'science' as the propaganda department of fed.guv preaches these days proves the draconian lockdowns are worse than ineffective. Charts that compare the death rates of non lockdown nations like Sweden, Taiwan, South Korea don't seem to appear in the published charts the newz is talking about for some reason.

You go ahead and keep believing everything the talking heads say. You do you. I'll do me.

Again, you missed the context of the statement you are referring to here.

Please show us the charts or even the numbers.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2020 at 12:28 PM, jgradyc said:

<getting on my soapbox> Guess what's really interesting about COIVD in Sweden? Sweden has been disproportionately hit hard in its immigrant populations, whereas native Swedes are 3x less likely to get COVID. Yes, culture plays a part, but one factor that is continually overlooked is that native Swedes have high vitamin D levels, whereas their immigrant populations (Africans and darker-skinned Middle Easterners) tend as a group to have low vitamin D levels. The US groups that have been hit hardest -- African Americans, seniors, the obese, diabetes -- all tend to have low vitamin D levels. As I type this, 67 FDA-approved clinical trials on vitamin D are underway... impressive for a lowly vitamin! You'd think Dr. Fauci would be mentioning it... but no...

If I could, I would line up Fauci, Birx, et al and Stooge Slap the entire group. People are dying and they could help by getting off their sanctimonious mantra of masks, social distancing and tell people to take vitamin D. Fauci, when directly asked, admitted that he takes vitamin D, but he refuses to even mention it to the public!!! <getting off soapbox... >

https://tenor.com/WW5M.gif

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/14/supplements-white-house-advisor-fauci-takes-every-day-to-help-keep-his-immune-system-healthy.html

"According to Dr. Anthony Fauci, most “so-called immune boosting supplements” actually do “nothing.” However, there are two vitamins Fauci does recommend to help keep your immune system healthy.

“If you are deficient in vitamin D, that does have an impact on your susceptibility to infection. So I would not mind recommending, and I do it myself taking vitamin D supplements,” Fauci, 79, said during an Instagram Live on Thursday, when actress Jennifer Garner asked Fauci about immune-boosting supplements."

On 12/24/2020 at 1:11 PM, Danger Rane said:

Just speaking from what I’ve observed where I live, more people have been wearing masks the last couple months then at any point this year.... yet the numbers continue to climb. I can’t think of the last time I was at a store and saw more than one or two people in the whole store not wearing a mask. I’m certainly not suggesting masks are the problem, I’m saying they are not the solution that has been fed to so many to give them some semblance of hope, by feeling like they are “doing something”. I learned many years ago in the military that if the “leadership” at any level doesn’t know the answer to a problem, they pull some BS out of their ass to make it look like they are “doing something”. What we have been seeing at our state level, and many of the larger cities across the country is exactly that same mentality.

It isnt a light switch.  Once people start wearing masks doesnt make it turn off.  We have to get there. 

• Like 2
Just now, Erik88 said:

Where did your profile picture go? I barely recognized you.

Good question. I guess I got censored for being a pia. I haven't changed anything on my end. But I will say thus.....ain't nothing working right.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

It isnt a light switch.  Once people start wearing masks doesnt make it turn off.  We have to get there. 

If that’s the case how do you explain the states and cities that have been requiring masks most of the year having the same seasonal rise in numbers as the areas that have left it up to the people whether they will wear them or not?

30 minutes ago, Danger Rane said:

If that’s the case how do you explain the states and cities that have been requiring masks most of the year having the same seasonal rise in numbers as the areas that have left it up to the people whether they will wear them or not?

People not wearing masks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Daniel said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/14/supplements-white-house-advisor-fauci-takes-every-day-to-help-keep-his-immune-system-healthy.html

"According to Dr. Anthony Fauci, most “so-called immune boosting supplements” actually do “nothing.” However, there are two vitamins Fauci does recommend to help keep your immune system healthy.

“If you are deficient in vitamin D, that does have an impact on your susceptibility to infection. So I would not mind recommending, and I do it myself taking vitamin D supplements,” Fauci, 79, said during an Instagram Live on Thursday, when actress Jennifer Garner asked Fauci about immune-boosting supplements."

Thanks for posting this. Yes, this is exactly the interview where, when directly asked, Fauci admitted to taking vitamin D himself, but that's the ONLY time! Plus, read what he says carefully. He says, "If you are deficient..." and then in the very next sentence, he says, "I do it myself taking vitamin D supplements." 

So... Fauci takes vitamin D himself while refusing to even mention vitamin D in his nearly daily interviews on national media. 

People can interpret this inconsistency however they wish. My interpretation is...well... extremely unflattering. I'll leave it at that. We've known that vitamin D shows promise since early April when US deaths were under 10,000. We know that the overwhelming majority of deaths, where vitamin D data was revealed, showed a deficiency in vitamin D. 

• Like 2

Opening the borders is one of the first concerns of Biden. Maybe he’ll use taxpayers money to set-up vaccine centers in Mexico can they can all get the vaccine before entering the country. The convoys and caravans are already headed here. I wonder if Biden will give them the vaccine before all Americans get it.

Meanwhile, you won’t be able to fly or enter a lot of places in your own country without it.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Since when do you need a passport to enter a stadium, a concert, or a movie theater?  

FWIW, they went fishing a couple months back saying they may require proof to get into concert venues, sports events etc and people then lost their sh!t and they backed down. Now its time to reach for bigger and slip in the smaller. 😡

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

Like maybe... a passport?  The faux outrage is ridiculous.

Actually, not this time.  I see this as an over reach, as well. Up until now, I've been on the side of "reason" with mask wearing and vaccinations.  But I'm not for requiring everyone to carry papers to prove or disprove they've had the vaccination, simply be cause that leads to "papers" for other things.  I will not be blindly led.  I will make my own decisions, thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
29 minutes ago, Moped said:

Actually, not this time.  I see this as an over reach, as well. Up until now, I've been on the side of "reason" with mask wearing and vaccinations.  But I'm not for requiring everyone to carry papers to prove or disprove they've had the vaccination, simply be cause that leads to "papers" for other things.  I will not be blindly led.  I will make my own decisions, thank you.

Prepared to be trampled by catch phrases promoting it and dulling the pain of your rights being extracted. FIGHT COVID as if this is a war and you're a warrior. FOR OTHERS HEALTH even though we are a country of abusers to our own bodies with smokers drinkers and drug users but THIS is where we need to take a stand. COMMON SENSE LAWS as if to say "if you're NOT behind this then you're a dumbazz". 

Same rhetoric and propaganda they use to push their gun control agenda when they want to make the gun owners looks like the enemy.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Omega said:

I imagine some here will welcome this to feel "safe".

Last month you made a comment that you didn't like the condescending way some people respond. Lately, you have become one of the worst for doing that exact thing. You are very antagonistic in a lot of your responses. 

• Like 1

I didn't read the entire article but if a county wants to require someone to get the vaccine before they can travel there, it seems to be they are within their rights to do so. It doesn't mean I like it. Keep in mind most of our schools here in the US make parents prove their kids have been vaccinated. This isn't a new concept. 

• Like 1