SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

• Administrator

I'm just glad that we're all dealing with COVID-19 and not Ebola. 

I don't think our society would survive something like Ebola given how many people still seem willing to ignore the recommendations of medical scientists despite 11-months worth of consequences being on display for everyone to see with their own two eyes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I don't think our society would survive something like Ebola given how many people still seem willing to ignore the recommendations of medical scientists despite 11-months worth of consequences being on display for everyone to see with their own two eyes.

Boy, ain't that the truth!!!

15 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Well, remember, we older folks make up the majority of the deaths. So even though young(er) folks have older relatives, they still just tend to be more blase about it all as a whole. Don't even have to overly worry about their kids in the total scheme of things. Even though many thousands of 35-60 year olds have also died.

Not accusing ageism, just egocentric nature of folks these days. Maybe always.

I just hope there aren't additional shoes to still drop regarding long term affects from the damn thing.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
24 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I would gladly of went to MOPP4 in the case of Ebola, and would have followed many of the CDC's guidelines this time  if not for the blatant lies we are being force fed.  I am still waiting for the HAZMAT collection points for all these CCP virus contaminated masks many are forced to use.  If it is dangerous enough to mandate masks, then it is dangerous enough to mandate special handling of contaminated material. 

NY and some other leftists states are already jumping at the bit to reopen, what has changed in the last few weeks that reopening is now ok?  Yea, rhetorical, I know what has changed.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Omega said:I am still waiting for the HAZMAT collection points for all these CCP virus contaminated masks many are forced to use.

This times a million! When they came out and said that you could wear a reusable mask as long as you washed it regularly, along with the initial reports of making sure you used proper hygiene (i.e. washing hands, not touching your face, etc) that was kinda the line for me. 

I’ve said it before, probably in this thread, if you’re at risk stay home. If you’re going to be around someone at risk, take the precautions necessary. Otherwise, go about your life and practice good hygiene.

What are we in, week 49 of the 3 week lock down? Absurd. 

The real trouble is that we’re being governed to the lowest level of common sense among us. Fortunately most of us on here are above that curve, but the rest that surround us in society that are below that curve around really dragging the rest of us down with them. 

10 minutes ago, Tedro2022 said:

This times a million! When they came out and said that you could wear a reusable mask as long as you washed it regularly, along with the initial reports of making sure you used proper hygiene (i.e. washing hands, not touching your face, etc) that was kinda the line for me. 

I’ve said it before, probably in this thread, if you’re at risk stay home. If you’re going to be around someone at risk, take the precautions necessary. Otherwise, go about your life and practice good hygiene.

The real trouble is that we’re being governed to the lowest level of common sense among us. Fortunately most of us on here are above that curve, but the rest that surround us in society that are below that curve around really dragging the rest of us down with them. 

You are highly overestimating some of us.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Omega said:

.... I am still waiting for the HAZMAT collection points for all these CCP virus contaminated masks many are forced to use. 

People are using masks that are already pre-contamined? Geez, where do you get those?

32 minutes ago, Omega said:

If it is dangerous enough to mandate masks, then it is dangerous enough to mandate special handling of contaminated material.

Virii die after a while on surfaces exposed to the environment.  Of course, if it's YOUR virii that you're putting into your mask, you've already got it, eh?

- OS

3 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

People are using masks that are already pre-contamined? Geez, where do you get those?

Virii die after a while on surfaces exposed to the environment.  Of course, if it's YOUR virii that you're putting into your mask, you've already got it, eh?

- OS

Where do you get contaminated masks??? Why, China of course!  And how long does the virus survive on a surface?  I bet at least as long as it takes to get back into your auto after a day of fiddling products every other customer has! 

7 hours ago, Omega said:

You are highly overestimating some of us.

Nah, I’ve met several members in person. I think we’re all pretty nice folks that have an above average intelligence level (If for no other reason, because we choose to be active on this board. Let’s face it we all learn A LOT of stuff just by reading).

The folks that are really dragging us down are the real deadbeats of our society. The ones that aren’t motivated to do anything because they’re just waiting on their gubmint check. 

• Administrator

I’m curious:  There are a lot of really passionate opinions in this thread. How many of you who are weighing in on the effectiveness of masks, the vaccine or treatments for those actually infected with COVID-19 have actually been infected and have firsthand experience with the virus and, ostensibly, have actually met with a real physician about it?

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I'd rather take hydroxychloroquine. It has a natural source. But, no they couldn't use it. That last sentence had sarcasm in it. 

That sounds like a Trump sound bite. Trump prior to being a COVID patient. Prior to being treated with an RNA vaccine.

Hydroxychloroquine is actually used in some therapy protocols.  Not sure why you think it’s not. 

15 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I’m curious:  There are a lot of really passionate opinions in this thread. How many of you who are weighing in on the effectiveness of masks, the vaccine or treatments for those actually infected with COVID-19 have actually been infected and have firsthand experience with the virus and, ostensibly, have actually met with a real physician about it?

Check and 10.4.  A few months back got the virus and the shirt, DVD, and action figure.  Reminded me a lot of H1N1 when I had that.  Got over it just fine and even ran 5.3 miles this morning.  Tested positive for antibodies three or four weeks ago.  Since the experts are now saying the vaccine won’t necessarily keep you from spreading the virus, there will be no harm to anyone else if I decline the vaccine.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Not officially, but I highly suspect that I have.  But, I don't have to have personal experience with something to know I don't want anything to do with it.  Never had kidney stones, HIV, or had a gerbil shoved up my backside, yet, guess what?

23 minutes ago, Omega said:

Not officially, but I highly suspect that I have.  But, I don't have to have personal experience with something to know I don't want anything to do with it.  Never had kidney stones, HIV, or had a gerbil shoved up my backside, yet, guess what?

Hey, don’t count out that gerbil until you have tried it. just saying...

• Haha 2
19 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

Hey, don’t count out that gerbil until you have tried it. just saying...

Dang Bill, you really took this down to lower Broadway. 

(For you younguns, lower Broadway uses to be quite seedy in it day. Not the tourist trap it is now)

• Like 3
  • Administrator
8 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Check and 10.4.  A few months back got the virus and the shirt, DVD, and action figure.  Reminded me a lot of H1N1 when I had that.  Got over it just fine and even ran 5.3 miles this morning.  Tested positive for antibodies three or four weeks ago.  Since the experts are now saying the vaccine won’t necessarily keep you from spreading the virus, there will be no harm to anyone else if I decline the vaccine.  

I never got the action figure. It wasn’t even offered to me. WTF!?

They’re actually telling folks now that exposure might not yield a lasting antibody response to it anyway but they suspect that subsequent infection (there’s a real happy thought) will be less severe.  I’ll probably take the vaccine once it’s available to me. 

My experience with it is pretty similar to yours. It slowed me down but it didn’t knock me out of commission. It was like the flu. The worst parts were the crazy body temperature fluctuations and the loss of ability to smell anything or taste most things. Losing the ability to taste or smell coffee really sucked.

You and I are lucky. We were just inconvenienced by it.

18 hours ago, Tedro2022 said:

How exactly are we in a "lock down"? Every business I could possibly want to visit is open. Last week I went to a UT basketball game(with a mask). Bars are open. Restaurants are open. Hell, even the terrible night clubs we have in Knoxville are open. I was able to fly to Mexico in November. We aren't on anything even close to a "lock down".  The only thing they are even asking of us at this point is to wear a mask, and not make out with strangers. They are even sending us checks in the mail!  

Edited by Erik88
19 hours ago, TGO David said:

I don't think our society would survive something like Ebola

I've been saying this since the beginning. My wife and I still discuss it. We would be completely screwed if we ever have another really bad one. If and when that happens, whatever is left of society will look back at us with amazement at how stupid we are. 

35 minutes ago, A.J. Holst said:

My interpretation is the CDC didn't directly say that the recommended cycle count was too high.  However, it very unlikely for an asymptomatic person to be a "super spreader" even with a positve test.  

31 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I've been saying this since the beginning. My wife and I still discuss it. We would be completely screwed if we ever have another really bad one. If and when that happens, whatever is left of society will look back at us with amazement at how stupid we are. 

I have a feeling when they look back chronologically they'll discover common sense took an off ramp long before covid. TIDE POD CHALLENGE 🙄

• Like 1