SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

51 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

Perhaps this indicates that limiting crowds, wearing masks and social distancing works to reduce the spread of communicable disease? 

Sure, that works on the flu but not on the CCP Virus. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

For those convinced "they" are inflating covid tests I want to share this. My wife has been sick for 6 days will all the normal covid symptoms. She got test results back today for her 3rd covid test. All 3 were negative. Even the doctor thought she had it. It turns out she has Bronchitis. 

It seems they missed a great opportunity to falsify covid tests.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

For those convinced "they" are inflating covid tests I want to share this. My wife has been sick for 6 days will all the normal covid symptoms. She got test results back today for her 3rd covid test. All 3 were negative. Even the doctor thought she had it. It turns out she has Bronchitis. 

It seems they missed a great opportunity to falsify covid tests.

Denial of the obvious is an illness all it's own. If we pretend it's not there it doesn't exist.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Darrell said:

If you have ten minutes, this is an interesting read:

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/science-politics-covid-will-truth-prevail/

Thanks for sharing; I appreciate the link.

Scott Altlas doesn't offer supporting evidence on masks being ineffective and is mainly grinding an axe because he was panned so being far out side the rest of the medical community. Maybe that is because he isn't a disease expert and he seems more focused on on social issues, which is not his training/specialty, either.

I don't know why he claims to have no freedom to exercise his thoughts, etc, because he seems to have ample ability and platforms at his disposal, but I suppose some folks feel that way when their ideas are not accepted.  One of his ideas was to simply let the disease spread through the population in order to develop "herd immunity".

Could matters have been handled differently? Certainly.

Did Scott Atlas have the answers? Certainly not.

Is he allowed to speak freely an offer his opinion? Yes, contrary to his statements, he has been able to be in a position to promote ideas as a special advisor the the ex-president. And, in spite of his advice, the pandemic worsened and he later resigned.

There may be some real debate about the efficacy of masks in some situations, however, social distancing, limiting gatherings and reducing crowd-sizes play a huge role in reducing transmission because you can't spread air-borne pathogens very effectively if you remove the people.

On the bright side: the end of the tunnel is getting closer and it will soon be football time in Tennessee!

• Like 2

Another shortage caused by Covid. icon-smile-1.gif

Over the past year, a combination of changing consumer needs and issues stemming from the pandemic has caused a variety of shortages. These supply issues have ranged from toilet paper to aluminum cans and even pepperoni.

Now, garden gnomes can be added to that list. 

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/garden-gnome-shortage-pandemic-suez-canal-blockage

• Haha 1

One of the miraculous things about the internet is that no matter what your opinion or point of view is that somewhere out there is an "expert" who will support your own previously drawn conclusions. It doesn't matter if you follow main stream thinking or if your opinions are somewhere out on the edge of the galaxy. Its simple enough to find "data" from "accredited  sources"  to prove your own opinions. After all, its on the internet, so it must be true.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Darrell said:

If you have ten minutes, this is an interesting read:

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/science-politics-covid-will-truth-prevail/

" It is not at all clear whether our democratic republic will survive—but it is clear it will not survive unless more people begin to step up in defense of freedom of thought and speech"

That was a good read. Thanks for sharing. Some well thought out ideas there. Despite our differences here, I think we all agree with his final statement (quoted above).

• Like 2

Ok, I've read thru the thread and all comments now. Re-read Dr. Atlas's comments twice. 

I found it to extremely well written and informative, laying out his opinions on the pandemic and how we have responded politically and socially.

Now let me say that I do recognize Dr. Atlas from his many appearances on "news" as an advocate of former President Trump and sometime opponent of Dr. Fauci. So I tend to view this article with a somewhat slanted opinion...a very favorable one at that.

So I will credit Darrell and ReeferMac for postings that got me involved.

Ok, I agree with Dr. Atlas. That's noted. I think Dr. Fauci is a political hack at best. A conniving fraud with very vested interests in the Covid-19 pandemic at worst.

But I would like to add to Darrell's quote from Dr. Atlas. I find it far more telling with the full statement and not just the last sentence of the quoted paragraph.

"With social media acting as the arbiter of allowable discourse, and with continued censorship and cancellation of those with views challenging the "accepted narrative," the United States is on the verge of losing its cherished freedoms."

This is the first sentence of the quoted paragraph. I find it telling and frightening. Now couple it with the next sentence.

"It is not clear whether our democratic republic will survive--but it is clear it will not survive unless more people begin to step up in defense of freedom of thought and speech."

For me, this is the meat of the article, and a harbinger of the coming days. 

Now couple this with the comments attributed to Nazi Joseph Goebbels. 

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequenses of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State." 

Any of this seem familiar? Oppressive social media telling us what is truth. Then banning anyone or anything that contradicts their version of truth. 

News media that worships the left. Deriding all things conservative. Censoring, or at the very least downplaying "civil" discourse and rioting.

Seems familiar to me.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 3

Just saw on the internet news page that everybody's favorite Cockwomble, Dr Fauci, has just lent his expertise to another issue saying that gun violence is a serious national health issue and citing recent "Mass Shootings" as a serious problem. 

Somehow, I never did expect him to be on our side. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Just saw on the internet news page that everybody's favorite Cockwomble, Dr Fauci, has just lent his expertise to another issue saying that gun violence is a serious national health issue and citing recent "Mass Shootings" as a serious problem. 

Somehow, I never did expect him to be on our side. 🙄

Maybe wearing three masks will tackle this problem too.  Oh, and lets increase the social distance to what?, 50 cal max range 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Omega said:

Maybe wearing three masks will tackle this problem too.  Oh, and lets increase the social distance to what?, 50 cal max range 🤣

I'm done with the Cockwomble. People are starting to lose their masks around here, even though there's a mask mandate. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mikegideon said:

I'm done with the Cockwomble. People are starting to lose their masks around here, even though there's a mask mandate. 

I've noticed this recently also.  I've not only seen people in mask mandated stores without them, but they're ignoring social distancing rules as well. People are piling up in the checkout lines right behind each other just like the old days. I guess its due to the vaccinations. People are mistakenly thinking they're safe now. 

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
54 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I've noticed this recently also.  I've not only seen people in mask mandated stores without them, but they're ignoring social distancing rules as well. People are piling up in the checkout lines right behind each other just like the old days. I guess its due to the vaccinations. People are mistakenly thinking they're safe now. 

It ought to be noted - and this should get a lot more coverage - 14 days after your last vaccination, you are well protected against serious disease and are quite safe. You don’t need a mask to be protected from contracting a serious of Covid-19.

And, what’s more - there’s a growing body of evidence that suggests that you’re not going to spread the virus to anyone else either.

There was quite a bit of risk associated with the disease - but we’re just not awesome as a society about assessing risk. Once you’re vaccinated - the risk to you is quite minimal. 

That said, I expect to be wearing a mask through most of the rest of 2021. Two reasons for that:

1. Most of the businesses around me require them - and nobody making an hourly wage needs to deal with all that.

2. Were I to lose the mask right now - all the Brentwood soccer moms in Target would represent a far bigger risk to me than Covid-19 does.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

I meant a state mandate. I'm in KY. Here's my shirt...

0170b0a2a6e65b908572555a36e952155e1922d02a.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, xsubsailor said:

Herpes infections may be a side effect of the COVID-19 vaccine, experts have revealed.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/herpes-infection-possibly-linked-to-covid-19-vaccine-study-says

For some clarity: The vaccine doesn't give you a virus totally different than whatever it designed to immunize you against. Like all viruses, you either have it or you don't. I would be willing to wager that what they'll find is that the patient had the herpes zoster virus, but it was dormant, and the vaccine somehow prevents the virus from being restrained by the body's immune system. That is the nature of herpes after all.

• Like 1

Well, third week this month, while of course still the best news in months, is perhaps boding more of plateau range than constant improvement?  Dunno.

TN daily Covid deaths:

Apr  1-7   72    
Apr  8-14  56
Apr 15-21  79
Running total: 207  9.8 deaths per day

--------

Jan total: 2,743  88.4 deaths per day

Feb  Total: 1,761  62.8 deaths per day

March Total: 493 15.9 deaths per day

- OS

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

For what it’s worth, if you know anyone who’s going to get the vaccine, but hasn’t yet - just send them to Publix.

I had my second shot yesterday.  It was super easy.  No wait, super efficient.  I doubt you even needed an appointment, but you can schedule a time online.