SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

So the news is that us that have had the chicom flu stand a good chance to be set for life with antibodies. No need for the made up experimental shot in the arm.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RED333 said:

So the news is that us that have had the chicom flu stand a good chance to be set for life with antibodies. No need for the made up experimental shot in the arm.

Have you had the cold or flu more than once?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

Have you had the cold or flu more than once?

Very rarely do I ever get sick, yes I’ve had the flu I’ve had different strains. However the chicom flu is a genetically modified thing, it is man-made, the antibodies I have now will protect me in the future.

And to your point, if the vaccine is so good why do you have to have boosters and why do you still get sick after you have the vaccine?

1 hour ago, RED333 said:

Very rarely do I ever get sick, yes I’ve had the flu I’ve had different strains. However the chicom flu is a genetically modified thing, it is man-made, the antibodies I have now will protect me in the future.

And to your point, if the vaccine is so good why do you have to have boosters and why do you still get sick after you have the vaccine?

Because the virus mutates into different strains just as do cold and flu viruses. That's why there are different flu shots every year. Booster is probably a bad term to be used here. Why do you get sick? The vaccine is not 100% effective as most things in life.

44 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Because the virus mutates into different strains just as do cold and flu viruses. That's why there are different flu shots every year. Booster is probably a bad term to be used here. Why do you get sick? The vaccine is not 100% effective as most things in life.

While I appreciate your responses in this thread, I think we're wasting our time. It's the same folks saying the same things and asking the same questions since last year. We've answered the same questions multiple times and they come back the next week to ask it again as if they really want to know the answer. I've only seen a few people who I thought were willing to look at it objectively and came to ask questions with any sincerity. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

While I appreciate your responses in this thread, I think we're wasting our time. It's the same folks saying the same things and asking the same questions since last year. We've answered the same questions multiple times and they come back the next week to ask it again as if they really want to know the answer. I've only seen a few people who I thought were willing to look at it objectively and came to ask questions with any sincerity. 

I don't answer to try and convince the obstinate. I answer for the undecided.

• Admin Team

There are some things we know from the last several decades of vaccine science - coupled with things we've learned about this virus in the last year.

1. All of the vaccines available here in the US - whether you're getting one of the mRNA variants or a traditional viral vector variant like J&J - generally will generate a higher antibody response than the body will generate on its own in response to the getting the virus.  There's a lot of well studied science here - but think of it like this - while you're fighting the natural variant - you're body is already compromised.  It's not going to perform at its best.

2. People who've recovered from the virus successfully will naturally have some immunity.  What's unknown is how strong and how long lasting it's likely to be. There are a lot of studies that are ongoing with people that got the virus early on trying to see what level of immunity they still have.

3. This is why early on when vaccines were scarce - providers were generally recommending people who had recently had the virus not rush to get the vaccine unless there were other mitigating conditions.

3. Even after the your bodies original antibodies have faded - your body's T cells and B cells will remember how to make the antibodies.  To what extent is a topic that's getting a lot of research right now.  Obviously we'd like to see a strong response years from now - but that's unlikely.

4. The virus is mutating - rarely do mutations become less effective.

5. The current vaccines respond well to the current mutations.  Off the top of my head in order of effectiveness - Moderna, Pfizer, then J&J.  

6. There are a bunch of mutations around the world that are being closely monitored. We don't want breakouts. If I could suggest one reason for getting vaccinated here in the US it's this.  The longer we delay full vaccination here - the longer it takes the rest of the world to get vaccinated. And a major event in a place like India or Brazil will have follow on effects on the world economy.

7. Fading immunity from whatever vaccine you received plus mutations that break out will likely require most people to get a booster.  Will that be yearly like a flu shot? Every 10 years like a tetanus shot? We just don't know yet.

Here's what we don't know - we still don't really have any idea why this virus is a relative non-event to some and kills other people like @Steelharp. Until we do, I'm going to hedge my risk and get the vaccine.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Whether from a shot or from infection, one major benefit is that your body is less likely to have a severe reaction to a mutation. Sure, successful mutations are, by definition, more effective, but those mutations are NOT huge leaps in effectiveness; therefore, your body's reaction would not be as severe. Kind of like how the annual flu shot didn't cover H1N1, but it lessened the effect when I got it.

Edited by E4 No More
Fat fingered
  • Like 1

Still on a downward path, but stubbornly.

TN average daily Covid deaths:

(2020)
March      0.7  (first death 3/21/20)
April      5.8
May        5.3
June       8.0
July      14.7
Aug       22.5
Sept      23.2
Oct       29.0
Nov       41.9
Dec       74.3
(2021)
Jan       88.4
Feb       62.8
Mar       15.9
Apr        9.7
May        8.1      

total TN deaths thru 6/1/21: 12,465

- OS

Well..........isn't this a surprise  whistle.gif

A California county cut its COVID-19 death toll by around 25% after determining that some deaths were not a "direct result" of the virus.

Alameda County revised the total number of deaths caused by the coronavirus to 1,223, down from 1,634.

County officials decided to revise the numbers to align with the California Department of Public Health's guidance on how to classify deaths. The county previously included deaths of anyone infected with the virus, regardless of whether COVID-19 was a direct or contributing cause of death.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/california-county-cuts-covid-death-toll

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That sounds about right. The Planned demic, has completely cured the Flu. All strains, nobody gets it anymore. And for a long time anybody that died, died from China Virus. Chinese people are still probably saying, "we cure flu, and nobody thank us".  🤔

Edited by Quavodus
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

Well..........isn't this a surprise  whistle.gif

A California county cut its COVID-19 death toll by around 25% after determining that some deaths were not a "direct result" of the virus.

Alameda County revised the total number of deaths caused by the coronavirus to 1,223, down from 1,634.

County officials decided to revise the numbers to align with the California Department of Public Health's guidance on how to classify deaths. The county previously included deaths of anyone infected with the virus, regardless of whether COVID-19 was a direct or contributing cause of death.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/california-county-cuts-covid-death-toll

Think they'll give 25% of that .gov money back?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

They're really pushing vaccination now. A lot of folks still haven't had it, but they've got tons of vaccine that'll soon be out of date. They want it in arms before it goes bad. 

I'd expect lots of sick Americans again by early winter.

The death toll shouldn't be anything like before but still likely significant, and likely most from the 40-60 age group.

- OS

6 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

I'd expect lots of sick Americans again by early winter.

The death toll shouldn't be anything like before but still likely significant, and likely most from the 40-60 age group.

- OS

Like every other early winter?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Danger Rane said:

Like every other early winter?

Obviously I meant re Covid -- certainly the 40-60 age group isn't particularly high risk re seasonal flu.

But of course, Covid hasn't really killed anyone at all, so why even mention it, right?

- OS

3 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Obviously I meant re Covid -- certainly the 40-60 age group isn't particularly high risk re seasonal flu.

But of course, Covid hasn't really killed anyone at all, so why even mention it, right?

- OS

It killed a lot of people. Just not as many as they said. It's exactly like racism. If you talk to the folks that profit from it, it's WAY bigger than it really is. Promoters gonna promote.

• Like 8

More side effects are starting to show up and they want to start giving this to young children. I hope every school that mandates the vaccine to people to attend their school gets sued out of existence. 

Heart inflammation in young men higher than expected after Pfizer, Moderna vaccines -U.S. CDC

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/cdc-heart-inflammation-cases-ages-16-24-higher-than-expected-after-mrna-covid-19-2021-06-10/

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

That is still only 283 cases out of 11,700,000 patients in the age group that have received both doses (9% of the 130,000,000 people with both doses administered).

That is only 0.000024% of the patient group. While this is more that the expected 10-106 background cases, it is still a very very very small percentage of people. 

Edited by Snaveba