SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

20 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

That is only 0.000024% of the patient group. While this is more that the expected 10-106 background cases, it is still a very very very small percentage of people. 

So that's an acceptable percentage of other people's sons ?   icon-confused.gif

The point is, they don't know enough to begin giving it to children.

• Like 1

Statistically speaking, yes.

There is a higher chance of severe COVID-19 symptoms needing hospitalization that there is of having some form of myocarditis or pericarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle or lining). 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

So that's an acceptable percentage of other people's sons ?   icon-confused.gif

The point is, they don't know enough to begin giving it to children.

I don't see that there's any confirmed relationship between the vaccine and the heart condition. I doubt they have any data on any of these people before they got the vaccine to know it wasn't already there. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, peejman said:

I don't see that there's any confirmed relationship between the vaccine and the heart condition. I doubt they have any data on any of these people before they got the vaccine to know it wasn't already there. 

But we have plenty of data that says those less than 24 years of age have  miniscule chance of dying from the CCP Virus, less than 800 deaths as of Feb 2021.  

• Like 3

What's the current over/under on how many pages this goes before it gets nixed?  Or even better, how many more pages before somebody actually posts something new ...

Edited by No_0ne
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, No_0ne said:

What's the current over/under on how many pages this goes before it gets nixed?  Or even better, how many more pages before somebody actually posts something new ...

A lot of people are mad at "Falsey" right now. Who knows?

13 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

A lot of people are mad at "Falsey" right now. Who knows?

Yes, he's not too popular around here.  However, that's been the case pretty much from the start.  I also doubt that many members here were ever convinced of his credibility or truthfulness, long before any of the emails and other conversations became public ...

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Quavodus said:

There's a Huuuugggggeeee chance it came from the Wuhan lab. It either escaped accidentally or otherwise. Bats were in there too. Somebody may've had sex with a infected bat.

Which is why you always use protection ...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ec/b1/3b/ecb13b9aa00ea75292e6039215b78e02.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b7/7f/3a/b77f3a8846b4f6c965a2523b0f3e92b5.jpg

• Haha 2

In other news, the hospital system that my wife works for is trying to bribe the workers to get vaccinated by entering then into a drawing for $5,000. If that’s not alarming to anyone I don’t know what is. The majority of those that haven’t gotten vaccinated have either already had COVID, are currently pregnant or trying to get pregnant, or just young and/or healthy and not at high risk. Meanwhile they have not had a COVID patient in her hospital in a couple weeks.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Danger Rane said:

In other news, the hospital system that my wife works for is trying to bribe the workers to get vaccinated by entering then into a drawing for $5,000. If that’s not alarming to anyone I don’t know what is. The majority of those that haven’t gotten vaccinated have either already had COVID, are currently pregnant or trying to get pregnant, or just young and/or healthy and not at high risk. Meanwhile they have not had a COVID patient in her hospital in a couple weeks.

You're talking about politics, which we can't talk about 🙂  I've had so much smoke blown up my ass that it's effecting my regularity.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Danger Rane said:

I'm already vaccinated, but for 5 bills I'll do it again ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Danger Rane said:

That’s pathetic for a hospital with all the money they make.  Memphis gave away a car!  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
19 hours ago, Danger Rane said:

In other news, the hospital system that my wife works for is trying to bribe the workers to get vaccinated by entering then into a drawing for $5,000. If that’s not alarming to anyone I don’t know what is

Why would that be alarming? They are trying to encourage people to get a vaccine that has already saved a ton of lives. If they were forcing it, I might be slightly alarmed. But even that isn't new for hospitals. My understanding is that most have always required hospital staff to show proof of other vaccines.

2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Why would that be alarming? They are trying to encourage people to get a vaccine that has already saved a ton of lives. If they were forcing it, I might be slightly alarmed. But even that isn't new for hospitals. My understanding is that most have always required hospital staff to show proof of other vaccines.

It's alarming because it's typical flawed logic. I'm high risk. I'm old, diabetic, and very depressed that a sweet old man has Alzheimer's. Vaccinating me was HIGHLY effective. Vaccinating a twenty-something, that could drink a whole bottle of Covid and go to work the next day, isn't going to have the same result. May even be counter-productive because of long term effects. 

I have decided to stop being alarmed about anything. The Tide Pods were just the appetizers.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

It's alarming because it's typical flawed logic. I'm high risk. I'm old, diabetic, and very depressed that a sweet old man has Alzheimer's. Vaccinating me was HIGHLY effective. Vaccinating a twenty-something, that could drink a whole bottle of Covid and go to work the next day, isn't going to have the same result. May even be counter-productive because of long term effects. 

I have decided to stop being alarmed about anything. The Tide Pods were just the appetizers.

I don't see the flawled logic. He didn't say they were only encouraging 20 somethings to get the shot. My dad is 65, has heart disease and some undiagnosed issues and he hasn't gotten the shot because of all the bull#### misinformation being spread about the vaccine. If one of these lottery programs enourages folks like him to get the shot, then I'd say it's a win. I still haven't seen any evidence that the shot is more dangerous than Covid. Not sure why we're still talking about it. 

11 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I don't see the flawled logic. He didn't say they were only encouraging 20 somethings to get the shot. My dad is 65, has heart disease and some undiagnosed issues and he hasn't gotten the shot because of all the bull#### misinformation being spread about the vaccine. If one of these lottery programs enourages folks like him to get the shot, then I'd say it's a win. I still haven't seen any evidence that the shot is more dangerous than Covid. Not sure why we're still talking about it. 

Your dad needs the shot IMO. He's my age. Bring on the long term effects. There is NO evidence that the shot is more dangerous, or that it ISN'T. Hasn't been around long enough. But one thing's for sure. Most hospital workers are younger than 65. And when it comes to bull####, there's lots to go around. One of the biggest liars in this whole ordeal is your favorite cockwomble.

I'm with DeSantis. Focus on the high risk people. If somebody younger like you wants to play it safe, have at it. I probably would too, just to keep the CNN viewers off my back.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay. Still lower yet.

TN average daily Covid deaths:

(2020)
March      0.7  (first death 3/21/20 but averaged over entire month)
April      5.8
May        5.3
June       8.0
July      14.7
Aug       22.5
Sept      23.2
Oct       29.0
Nov       41.9
Dec       74.3
(2021)
Jan       88.4
Feb       62.8
Mar       15.9
Apr        9.7
May        8.1      
June       3.8

total TN deaths thru 6/30/21: 12,568

- OS

I know this is borderline political but I'll post it anyway. Mods, feel free to delete.

"Now we need to go community by community, neighborhood by neighborhood and often times door-to-door- literally knocking on doors, to get help to the remaining people protected from the virus," Biden said. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-admin-door-to-door-coronavirus-vaccines

• Angry 3
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

I know this is borderline political but I'll post it anyway. Mods, feel free to delete.

"Now we need to go community by community, neighborhood by neighborhood and often times door-to-door- literally knocking on doors, to get help to the remaining people protected from the virus," Biden said. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-admin-door-to-door-coronavirus-vaccines

That man is a complete idiot. Nothing political about it. He was born stupid, and will die stupid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1