SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

Hit my primary care providers today. Mask policy was loose as a goose. And our governor is one of those double mask types. I reckon everybody is tired of his ####.

Oh yeah, they all know the Covid is coming to get them.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
  • Admin Team
3 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

@MacGyver Listened to Dan Mandis a little while going to the store today. He couldn't give specifics but did say that Phil Valentine is fighting for his life. I wonder if Phil's re-thought his stance on the vaccine?

I hope we get the chance to find out. 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I hope we get the chance to find out. 

Not being in Nashville I don't hear much of his show (didn't really when I did live there) but happened to pick it up back late June.  And he spent the better part of an hour railing on the vaccine and how we done KNOW that its safe because its not fully FDA approved yadayadayada.  I hope folks will realize before its too late that this is a deadly disease and the best way to live is get a vaccine, set all the political bull #### aside.  I'm all for you right to choose NOT to get it, but I think too many people are being swayed by bad logic and political rhetoric that's not founded in rational thinking  

• Like 2

We all make our own bed, I know I've made mine, and no amount of  fear mongering will convince me to take this vaccine.  There is just too much bogus BS being shoved down our throats to make me believe they have our good interest in mind.  With what this country has gone through, in the last couple of years nothing, absolutely nothing, will convince me that our current administration is on the up and up on this, and many other things.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Lumber_Jack said:

Not being in Nashville I don't hear much of his show (didn't really when I did live there) but happened to pick it up back late June.  And he spent the better part of an hour railing on the vaccine and how we done KNOW that its safe because its not fully FDA approved yadayadayada.  I hope folks will realize before its too late that this is a deadly disease and the best way to live is get a vaccine, set all the political bull #### aside.  I'm all for you right to choose NOT to get it, but I think too many people are being swayed by bad logic and political rhetoric that's not founded in rational thinking  

Phil has claimed that he is in good shape for his age and not at risk. He's run a risk analysis based on the information available and felt he wasn't at risk of death. People can be wrong, or sometimes the odds just bite you in the ass.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Phil has claimed that he is in good shape for his age and not at risk. He's run a risk analysis based on the information available and felt he wasn't at risk of death. People can be wrong, or sometimes the odds just bite you in the ass.

I think that risk analysis factored in a bunch of false negatives on the side of the vaccine, is my point. I guess I’m just jaded and can’t see why there is so much fear of the vaccine. Odds are much higher of dying from Covid at age 61 than any complications from the vaccine. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Who is this guy? I’ve never heard of him, but y’all all seem real familiar. 

99.7 FM in Nashville from 4-7PM weekdays. My favorite talk show guy. The guy filling in for him is pretty funny as well. I can’t remember his name.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

99.7 FM in Nashville from 4-7PM weekdays. My favorite talk show guy. The guy filling in for him is pretty funny as well. I can’t remember his name.

Gotcha. Talk radio in a city I don’t live in goes a long way towards explaining my cluelessness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Chucktshoes said:

Gotcha. Talk radio in a city I don’t live in goes a long way towards explaining my cluelessness. 

He was syndicated for a while, but isn’t now. I don’t know whether he was on a Memphis station.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

He was syndicated for a while, but isn’t now. I don’t know whether he was on a Memphis station.

I don’t even live there anymore. Talk radio isn’t my thing at all anyways. Regardless, I hope he gets better soon.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Me too. I’m right fond of Uncle Phil. He’s hilarious. 

And pretty smart under his humor. I met him once. Seemed like a nice guy. Friendly, unassuming sort. No airs of importance about him that I could tell.

Prayers for ya' Uncle Phil.

On 7/20/2021 at 3:52 PM, Moped said:

I agree.  It's nice to be normal again. 

Or as close as we may be allowed to get.

If you've seen my old thread "Well I did something today I said I wouldn't" or something like that, you'll know I was, have been, and still am...a person who contends this is all a ploy by our Overlords.

Yes, I know there is a virus. One would have to be a fool to contend otherwise. Is it the End...as some are touting? Or just a tool that was let out to start the NWO? Can't say definitively, but I think my position is as good as most on it. 

I have now joined the growing list of those who have lost family and friends from this. Far too many  over the last 3 months to not affect my past perspective and future commentary.

Reaction to the Covid-19 from my family, friends, ex coworkers and even those of us here...has been varied, to say the least. From  acceptance to hysteria and to total denial.

I've been the black sheep/total waste/whack-job of my family all my life, and generally regarded as a lost cause.

So if I give you pause to think with some of my wild-assed opinions and comments, I've done my part to open a few eyes I hope. Now a little less morbid comment.

We seem to have reached a middle ground now. Most agree that it is real, no matter its source and origin or purpose. But we are searching deeper into its birth. That may yield a few surprises yet.

People have died from it. Fact. Politicians, World Leaders, The CDC, and the UN have made use of this pandemic to further a mad power grab. So far it seems to be working quite well for them all.

Whether we as individuals, as a nation, or as a world...will survive and return to "normal" is still to be seen. Removal of the current leadership is a must to achieve it.

For my money, it's a poor chance in front of us. Yes, I am a borderline pessimist. And getting worse by the day. But I believe everything I have written here.

Whether you agree with a little, a lot, or just think I'm a fat old fool. It's your choice. Just like the vaccinations...it's all up to you.

Now as to "Uncle Phil" Valentine, for many and varied reasons; I hope and pray he recovers from this. Because I like him, and will be looking forward to hearing his observations and opinions now.

Ok...done. Yeah, I'm a long-winded sort. Even when typing. If you read all this, I thank you. Agree or not. Just my own opinions.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Omega said:

We all make our own bed, I know I've made mine, and no amount of  fear mongering will convince me to take this vaccine.  There is just too much bogus BS being shoved down our throats to make me believe they have our good interest in mind.  With what this country has gone through, in the last couple of years nothing, absolutely nothing, will convince me that our current administration is on the up and up on this, and many other things.

Right.  Meanwhile, I wonder if the administration is making sure to vaccinate all the illegals flooding the border...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Phil's brother, Mark gave an update yesterday. Phil has Pneumonia from the chicom flu. Some days are ok, others are bad, Phil is not on a respirator yet. Mark said that Phil has changed his stance on the shot, Phil wishes he had pushed harder for getting the shot.

I listen to 99.7 everyday, most all day, the hosts even make fun of the "news" that is broadcast from outside the station, that news comes from ABC.

The last study I heard about is that the anti-bodies last over 9 months from having the crap, so no need for me to get the shot.