SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

15 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Mrs. Tn got the notice today. Take the jab by Sept. 30 or your employment is terminated.

This company is willing to fire a 20+ year employee with a stellar record who is never within 60 miles of the place of employment.

I'm glad Tennessee is a right to work state, but wow.

Our .gov EFFING SUCKS, it has divided us as never before. It has giving the power the to make health decisions to the people we work for, sad, very sad.

Greg. I am waiting for my employer to tell us to get the chicom shot.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Danger Rane said:

Erik, I’m not sure how many COVID patients you’ve dealt with lately that ended up in the hospital, but I can tell you from my experience, that alot of them are having the hard time with it that they are precisely because of their past health decisions. Obesity, diabetes, and history of smoking are absolutely contributing factors in how severe an individual’s reaction/symptoms will be vs someone of good health. So yes, these conditions are a drain on resources, just as they are without COVID. 

This doesn't surprise me. We could talk at length about poor health decisions. My point was that diabetes isn't contagious. Someone else made the point that we could decline service to anyone that's overweight etc. While that may be making things worse, the hospitalizations for covid is primarily happening with people who choose not to get the vaccine. But to your point, many of those same people have other underlying health conditions which is all the more ironic to me why they would fear a vaccine. 

10 hours ago, Danger Rane said:

Erik, I’m not sure how many COVID patients you’ve dealt with lately that ended up in the hospital, but I can tell you from my experience, that alot of them are having the hard time with it that they are precisely because of their past health decisions. Obesity, diabetes, and history of smoking are absolutely contributing factors in how severe an individual’s reaction/symptoms will be vs someone of good health. So yes, these conditions are a drain on resources, just as they are without COVID. 

If we all made good health decisions, there wouldn't be much of a medical system left.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

If we all made good health decisions, there wouldn't be much of a medical system left.😁

When we declared obesity as a disease I knew those of us that pay into the healthcare system by force were F***ED. The way I see it YOU being a fat lazy POS all your life and sucking off the system directly affects the healthcare available to me when I come in to get treated. It's like having a bogo for a chik fil a sandwich. Except I buy the 1 and they hand the FREE one to lard ass welfare lifer where he then gets to eat his hot and fresh and bitching about it the whole time and THEEEEEN I'm told i can then eat my cold soggy one. Sounds fair to me 🙄.

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, QuackerSmacker said:

FWIW, I think "right to work" is being confused with "at will employment" in this thread.  The former describes a state where employees cannot be compelled to join a union.  The latter describes a state where employees can quit or be fired for any (legal) reason at any time, in the absence of a written contract to the contrary.  Tennessee is both.

Actually, employers in At Will states can fire you giving no reason at all. I've known a couple of managers that have hidden their racism behind at will. Now, if they cite no reason then it is not being fired for cause and the employer must pay unemployment.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

When we declared obesity as a disease I knew those of us that pay into the healthcare system by force were F***ED. The way I see it YOU being a fat lazy POS all your life and sucking off the system directly affects the healthcare available to me when I come in to get treated. It's like having a bogo for a chik fil a sandwich. Except I buy the 1 and they hand the FREE one to lard ass welfare lifer where he then gets to eat his hot and fresh and bitching about it the whole time and THEEEEEN I'm told i can then eat my cold soggy one. Sounds fair to me 🙄.

This where it becomes too easy to lump people into categories.  I am guilty of the same thing on various categories so not placing blame.  I am technically (or not technically, but actually 🙂 ) obese, 6'1", 295.   I also pay in about 55k each year in taxes, so not really considered on the government dole or not paying my fair share.  

Now, that being said, I am also the first one to say that for example, I should have to pay more for my insurance as I am at higher risk.  I certainly don't feel like I am having anyone else pay for me and in fact feel like I pay more than my fair share as a single guy.  

I think (or know) there are at least a few more of us on this site that probably fit closer into this category than being a fat lazy POS just because we are obese.  There are plenty of those as well, but I guess I just say this to being on welfare and being fat aren't really related.   Maybe being unhealthy is, but I am not sure being obese is.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, Erik88 said:

This doesn't surprise me. We could talk at length about poor health decisions. My point was that diabetes isn't contagious. Someone else made the point that we could decline service to anyone that's overweight etc. While that may be making things worse, the hospitalizations for covid is primarily happening with people who choose not to get the vaccine. But to your point, many of those same people have other underlying health conditions which is all the more ironic to me why they would fear a vaccine. 

Diabetes could be considered contagious via genetics or peer pressure.  

As to your point about refusing services or insurance coverage, I've made a similar argument regarding motorcycle helmet laws. 

30 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

This where it becomes too easy to lump people into categories.  I am guilty of the same thing on various categories so not placing blame.  I am technically (or not technically, but actually 🙂 ) obese, 6'1", 295.   I also pay in about 55k each year in taxes, so not really considered on the government dole or not paying my fair share.  

Now, that being said, I am also the first one to say that for example, I should have to pay more for my insurance as I am at higher risk.  I certainly don't feel like I am having anyone else pay for me and in fact feel like I pay more than my fair share as a single guy.  

I think (or know) there are at least a few more of us on this site that probably fit closer into this category than being a fat lazy POS just because we are obese.  There are plenty of those as well, but I guess I just say this to being on welfare and being fat aren't really related.   Maybe being unhealthy is, but I am not sure being obese is.

First let me apologize as I should have been more clear and certainly did NOT try to lump anyone overweight or obese into 1 category. My disdain is for those that you and I carry along being part of the working taxpayers while they live the care free lifestyle on our dime. They take and never give. They go to the ER or urgent care once a week. Then when their bad habits get the best of them they get a free ride to the end of life. THOSE people got fat and lazy thanks to working the system. 

And FWIW 10 years ago I was 6'2" 300lbs and not in the best of health. But I got my fat ass up everyday and went to work just so I could wave at my welfare neighbor sitting by the pool I helped pay for in the evening. I made lifestyle changes and im a better man today because of it. But I worked and didn't look for a handout. But I also didn't go pat my neighbor on the back and say "here's half my check cause we are equal". 

I'll stop the ramble but the point is if you're not willing to pull your weight you shouldn't get the same slice of pie that I get. And it's getting worse

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, FUJIMO said:

First let me apologize as I should have been more clear and certainly did NOT try to lump anyone overweight or obese into 1 category. My disdain is for those that you and I carry along being part of the working taxpayers while they live the care free lifestyle on our dime. They take and never give. They go to the ER or urgent care once a week. Then when their bad habits get the best of them they get a free ride to the end of life. THOSE people got fat and lazy thanks to working the system. 

And FWIW 10 years ago I was 6'2" 300lbs and not in the best of health. But I got my fat ass up everyday and went to work just so I could wave at my welfare neighbor sitting by the pool I helped pay for in the evening. I made lifestyle changes and im a better man today because of it. But I worked and didn't look for a handout. But I also didn't go pat my neighbor on the back and say "here's half my check cause we are equal". 

I'll stop the ramble but the point is if you're not willing to pull your weight you shouldn't get the same slice of pie that I get. And it's getting worse

We absolutely agree.  No worries on my part.  I have the same inclination to use generalizations, but I absolutely get what you are saying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, peejman said:

Diabetes could be considered contagious via genetics or peer pressure.  

As to your point about refusing services or insurance coverage, I've made a similar argument regarding motorcycle helmet laws. 

Do you really want government, your employer, an insurance company, et tal. telling you when to exercise, what to eat, and where you can and cannot go? I do not.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Man how I want to cut off the leaches, ticks and blood suckers off my butt!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had an interesting day, yesterday. I've been having shortness of breath for the past couple of weeks. About a decade ago, I experienced the same thing and was diagnosed with atrial flutter for which the treatment was cardio-version, (shocking the heart). I have been vaccinated for COVID since March so I figured that my atrial flutter was back. Over the past couple of weeks I would have periods of where I would sweat pretty hard just sitting in my chair in the air-conditioning. I was also coughing, sneezing, and had a slight runny nose. Given these additional symptoms I wondered if I might be one of the 3% who get breakthrough COVID from the D variant, so I went to the VA's urgent care to get worked up. The good news is that I have neither atrial flutter nor COVID. That means there must be something else going on with my heart/lungs, so next week I get to go get an echo cardiogram and see the cardiologist. 😞

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

The good news is that I have neither atrial flutter nor COVID. That means there must be something else going on with my heart/lungs, so next week I get to go get an echo cardiogram and see the cardiologist. 😞

Dangit.  Well... at least you did better than most men seem to do, and actually went to the doctor about it.  Hope all goes well.

• Like 8

In case anyone is wondering, here is his protocol:

https://vladimirzelenkomd.com/zelenko-prophylaxis-protocol/

Zelenko Covid-19 Prophylaxis Protocol

Prophylaxis is an action taken to prevent or protect against a specified disease.  Greek in origin, from the word "phylax", meaning "to guard" and "watching."    

Low Risk Patients

Young healthy people do not need prophylaxis against Covid 19.  In young and healthy people, this infection causes mild cold-like symptoms.  It is advantageous for these patients to be exposed to Covid-19, build up their antibodies and have their immune system clear the virus.  This will facilitate the development of herd immunity and help prevent future Covid-19 pandemics.  However, if these patients desire prophylaxis against Covid-19, then they should take the protocol noted below.

Moderate Risk Patients

Patients from this category are healthy but have high potential viral-load exposure.  This group includes medical personnel, caregivers of high-risk patients, people who use public transportation, first responders and other essential personnel who are crucial to the continued functioning of society.  These patients should be encouraged to take prophylaxis against Covid-19 in accordance with the protocol noted below.

High Risk Patients

Patients are considered high risk if they are over the age of 45, or if they are younger than 45 but they have comorbidities, that is, they have other health conditions that put them at risk.  These patients have between a 5 to 10% mortality rate if they are infected with Covid-19.  These patients should be strongly encouraged to take prophylaxis against Covid-19 in accordance with the protocol noted below.

Protocol for Low and Moderate Risk Patients:

Elemental Zinc 25mg 1 time a day Vitamin D3 5000iu 1 time a day Vitamin C 1000mg 1 time a day  Quercetin 500mg 1 time a day until a safe and efficacious vaccine becomes available If Quercetin is unavailable, then use Epigallocatechin-gallate (EGCG) 400mg 1 time a day

Protocol for High Risk Patients:

Elemental Zinc 25mg once a day  Vitamin D3 5000iu 1 time a day Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) 200mg 1 time a day for 5 days, then 1 time a week until a safe and efficacious vaccine becomes available If HCQ is unavailable, then use the Protocol for Low and Moderate Risk Patients.

Https://Www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/Pmc/Articles/PMC7365891/

Https://Www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/Pmc/Articles/PMC7318306/

Https://Pubs.Acs.Org/Doi/10.1021/Jf5014633

Https://Www.Preprints.Org/Manuscript/202007.0025/V1

And a link to the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care (FLCCC) Alliance which has some great info on what and more importantly, when to take some of these medications:

https://www.onedaymd.com/2021/04/ivermectin-flccc-protocol-for-covid-19.html

Should I take ivermectin as a prophylaxis?

For prevention, the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Working Group (FLCCC) I-MASK+ protocol recommends (August 11, 2021 version):

Vitamin D3: 1000–3000 IU/day. Note RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) is 800–1000 IU/day. The safe upper-dose daily limit is likely < 4000 IU/day. Vitamin D deficiency has been associated with an increased risk of acquiring COVID-19 and from dying from the disease. Vitamin D supplementation may therefore prove to be an effective and cheap intervention to lessen the impact of this disease, particularly in vulnerable populations, i.e. the elderly and obese. (Amazon)

Vitamin 😄 500 - 1,000 mg BID (twice daily) 

Quercetin: 250 mg daily. It is likely that vitamin C and quercetin have synergistic prophylactic benefit. Quercetin should be used with caution in patients with hypothyroidism and TSH levels should be monitored. (Amazon)

Melatonin: 6 mg before bedtime (causes drowsiness). (Amazon)

Zinc: 30 - 40 mg/day (elemental zinc). Zinc lozenges are preferred. (Amazon)

Gargle mouthwash: 2 x daily – gargle (do not swallow) antiseptic mouthwash with cetylpyridinium chloride (e.g. Crest, Scope mouthwash™), ListerineTM with essential oils, or povidone/iodine 1 % solution as alternative (Betadine® Antiseptic Sore Throat Gargle™). 

lvermectin

Chronic Prevention: 0.2 mg/kg per dose (take with or after a meal) — twice a week for as long as disease risk is elevated in your community 

Post COVID-19 Exposure Prevention: 0.4 mg/kg per dose (take with or after a meal)  — one dose today, repeat after 48 hours

Notes:

High risk Individuals: > 60 years with co-morbidities (hypertension, diabetes, chronic lung disease, chronic kidney disease), obesity, long term care facilities, etc.

Post COVID-19 exposure: To use if a household member is COVID-19 positive, or you have prolonged exposure to a COVID-19 positive patient without wearing a mask.

Precautionary Note: Ivermectin has a number of potentially serious drug-drug interactions. Please check for potential drug interaction at Ivermectin Drug Interactions - Drugs.com. The most important drug interactions occur with cyclosporin, tacrolimus, anti-retroviral drugs, and certain anti-fungal drugs. 

Due to the possible drug interaction between quercetin and ivermectin (may increase ivermectin levels), these drugs should not be taken simultaneously (i.e. should be staggered morning and night). 

Ivermectin is also lipophilic and therefore, bioavailability is maximised on a full stomach; or best to be taken with meal.

Please consult with a qualified doctor and only use human ivermectin. Ivermectin for animals contain excipients (binding and storage compounds such as ethylene glycol) that are known to cause liver failure in high doses. 

Related: List of Doctors that will prescribe Ivermectin

For early outpatient protocol (COVID-19 positive), the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Working Group, FLCCC I-MASK+ protocol recommends (updated August 11, 2021):

Ivermectin: 0.4–0.6 mg/kg per dose (take with or after meals) — one dose daily, take for 5 days or until recovered. (Find a Doctor). Use upper dose range if:  1) in regions with more aggressive variants; 2) treatment started on or after day 5 of symptoms or in pulmonary phase; or 3) multiple comorbidities/risk factors.

Fluvoxamine: 50 mg twice daily for 10–14 days. Add to ivermectin if: 1) minimal response after 2 days of ivermectin; 2) in regions with more aggressive variants; 3) treatment started on or after day 5 of symptoms or in pulmonary phase; or 4) numerous co-morbidities/risk factors. Avoid if patient is already on an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor).

Vitamin D3: 4000 IU/day. (Amazon)

Vitamin 😄 500 - 1,000 mg BID (twice daily) (Amazon)

Quercetin: 250 mg twice a day. (Amazon)

Melatonin: 10 mg before bedtime (causes drowsiness). (Amazon)

Zinc: 100 mg/day. Zinc lozenges are preferred. (Amazon)

Nasal/oral rinse: 3 x daily – gargle (do not swallow) antiseptic mouthwash with cetylpyridinium chloride (e.g. Crest, Scope mouthwash™), ListerineTM with essential oils, or povidone/iodine 1 % solution as alternative (Betadine® Antiseptic Sore Throat Gargle™). (Reference, page 13)

Aspirin: 325 mg/day unless contraindicated. (Amazon)

Pulse Oximeter: FLCCC also recommend monitoring your oxygen saturation with a pulse oximeter and to go to the hospital if you get below 94%. (Amazon)

Notes: 

Optional: Betadine nasal spray (Amazon) applied 3 times per day.

Optional: Curcumin: 500 mg twice a day (Ref) (Amazon)

Duration for supplements: Most supplements (e.g. vitamin D, zinc, quercetin) for early treatment are given for 5 - 10 days. To continue for preventive purposes, dosages will need to be reduced as per the prevention or prophylaxis protocol.

If you can’t get fluvoxamine (Luvox), using 30mg once a day of fluoxetine (Prozac) is equally effective (equivalent to 50mg twice a day of fluvoxamine).

Optional: Azithromycin 250 mg twice a day. (Find a Doctor). 

Optional: Bromhexine 8 mg three times a day (Ref) (Lazada Malaysia*)

* Not available on Amazon

Behavioral Prevention:

Face Masks - Must wear cloth, surgical, or N95 mask (without valve) in all indoor spaces with non-household persons. Must wear a N95 mask (without valve) during prolonged exposure to non-household persons in any confined, poorly ventilated area.

Social Distancing - Until the end of the COVID-19 crisis, we recommend keeping a minimum distance of approx. 2 m / 6 feet in public from people who are not from your own household.

Wash Hands - We recommend, after a stay during and after outings from home (shopping, sub - way etc.), a thorough hand cleaning (20–30 sec. with soap), or also to use a hand disinfectant in between.

The medical evidence to support each drug and nutrient can be found under “Medical Evidence” on the FLCCC’s website.

For an up-to-date overview of all published studies on ivermectin in the treatment and prevention of COVID-19 we recommend visiting c19ivermectin.com; in addition, a meta-analysis of all studies can be found at ivmeta.com (constantly updated). For adoption and regulatory status of ivermectin globally, check out ivmstatus.com.

For post-covid or long covid syndrome, check out FLCCC I-Recover Post-COVID Protocol. For a simplified version of the I-MASK+ protocol, the FLCCC has also developed the I-MASS protocol.

Ivermectin and COVID-19 Updates

Aug 2, 2021: Israeli scientist says COVID-19 could be treated for under $1/day

Edited by Omega
Add another site
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I had an interesting day, yesterday. I've been having shortness of breath for the past couple of weeks. About a decade ago, I experienced the same thing and was diagnosed with atrial flutter for which the treatment was cardio-version, (shocking the heart). I have been vaccinated for COVID since March so I figured that my atrial flutter was back. Over the past couple of weeks I would have periods of where I would sweat pretty hard just sitting in my chair in the air-conditioning. I was also coughing, sneezing, and had a slight runny nose. Given these additional symptoms I wondered if I might be one of the 3% who get breakthrough COVID from the D variant, so I went to the VA's urgent care to get worked up. The good news is that I have neither atrial flutter nor COVID. That means there must be something else going on with my heart/lungs, so next week I get to go get an echo cardiogram and see the cardiologist. 😞

I just went through the exact same thing a few weeks ago. After my echo cardiogram I wound up with three stints in my heart  cool.gif

• Sad 1
  • Wow 2
24 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

I just went through the exact same thing a few weeks ago. After my echo cardiogram I wound up with three stints in my heart  cool.gif

Glad they caught it. I had a stress test a couple of years ago that was normal. I don't smoke so I doubt it's COPD. They also took a chest X-ray yesterday that was clear. I'm perplexed.

Edited by E4 No More
1 hour ago, Quavodus said:

It's been proven but, not reported often, that sometimes people that got the jab, can be contagious to other people. They have some immunity but, can transmit China Virus to other people. 

Cite your source, please. If you know anything about how the vaccine and your immune system works you'd know that isn't true unless the person was COVID positive right after the vaccine and before their two weeks to build up immunity was up, or they are of the percentage that the vaccine was not effective and got COVID.

There are a lot of people in the world who like to claim things as facts or "proven" just to screw with gullible people out there.

• Like 1