SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

I've seen it a few different places on online news. Heard something about it on Ben Shapiro too.  I'm not making this crap up. It kind of makes sense. When you get the jab, it gives you a mild case of the WuFlu and some people are probably a tad sick with it. 

21 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I've seen it a few different places on online news. Heard something about it on Ben Shapiro too.  I'm not making this crap up. It kind of makes sense. When you get the jab, it gives you a mild case of the WuFlu and some people are probably a tad sick with it. 

Good grief, all vaccines inject you with some of whatever they are supposed to prevent to build up your immunity. There is nothing new about that and I guarantee you that you and everyone else in this country has been vaxxed for something.

Quit listening to talking heads and try to embrace a little bit of science.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/how-they-work.html?s_cid=11439:how the covid vaccine works:sem.ga:p:RG:GM:gen:PTN:FY21

• Like 6
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Cite your source, please. If you know anything about how the vaccine and your immune system works you'd know that isn't true unless the person was COVID positive right after the vaccine and before their two weeks to build up immunity was up, or they are of the percentage that the vaccine was not effective and got COVID.

There are a lot of people in the world who like to claim things as facts or "proven" just to screw with gullible people out there.

Eh, not quite. 

The covid vaccines, like most vaccines don’t actually fully prevent folks from catching it. They do mostly keep them from getting sick. Also, it absolutely is being reported that folks who have been fully vaccinated are still possible transmission vectors. 

So it isn’t the unvaccinated who are posing a danger to the vaccinated, but the other way around. 

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210203-why-vaccinated-people-may-still-be-able-to-spread-covid-19

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1
  • Admin Team

mRNA vaccines do not contain any part of the virus.  It doesn’t give you “a little touch of anything.”

Anyone who tells you otherwise is misleading you. If you’re hearing them on any type of media you’re consuming - it’s on purpose.  You can debate what that purpose is - but what they’re telling you is simply not true.  

If it’s helpful, you can think of mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) like old school wanted posters.  Your body is like a saloon in the old West. The virus walks in and your body is like, “hey, we know this jerk. You’re not welcome here” and generates a response accordingly.

• Like 13
  • Moderators
5 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

mRNA vaccines do not contain any part of the virus.  It doesn’t give you “a little touch of anything.”

Anyone who tells you otherwise is misleading you. If you’re hearing them on any type of media you’re consuming - it’s on purpose.  You can debate what that purpose is - but what they’re telling you is simply not true.  

If it’s helpful, you can think of mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) like old school wanted posters.  Your body is like a saloon in the old West. The virus walks in and your body is like, “hey, we know this jerk. You’re not welcome here” and generates a response accordingly.

I’d actually describe them as so:

The mRNA is a task force sent to the saloon, gives them extensive training towards eradicating the virus, and then disappears. 

Then the virus walks in to the newly trained saloon. 

• Like 2
  • Admin Team
4 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

I’d actually describe them as so:

The mRNA is a task force sent to the saloon, gives them extensive training towards eradicating the virus, and then disappears. 

Then the virus walks in to the newly trained saloon. 

That’s fair.

Your body’s T cells and B cells are prepared to respond to a threat they’ve never actually seen. 

Some of ya'll are taking this way to serious. It's not the dang Bubonic Plague. The Vaccines are not cures. Laugh about this crazy crap some. You got to admit it's the best thing to happen to the Democratic Party. POWER!

Edited by Quavodus
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
6 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Some of ya'll are taking this way to serious. It's not the dang Bubonic Plague. The Vaccines are not cures. Laugh about this crazy crap some. You got to admit it's the best thing to happen to the Democratic Party. POWER!

No, the vaccines aren’t cures. But they are a hell of a preventative measure. While I don’t purport to be able to speak for the dead, so I don’t know how he would have felt about it, I know that I sure as hell wish Mikey would have been able to get the vaccine.

While unequivocally support the right of the individual to make their own choices, good or bad, informed or ignorant, I can say without a doubt that it is 100% serious. 

• Like 8

I don't blame anybody that wants the jab, and they get it. That's their business and choice. They'll get no problems from me. But, when someone says I'm like a Nazi when I don't get it, I have a problem. Check out Schwarzenegger, he said "screw your freedom." Well, his freedom has done him pretty good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Are you aware that hospitals across the State are starting to reach critical capacity?  Might want to think about the ramifications of that. 

• Like 2
  • Authorized Vendor
6 hours ago, Quavodus said:

I don't blame anybody that wants the jab, and they get it. That's their business and choice. They'll get no problems from me. But, when someone says I'm like a Nazi when I don't get it, I have a problem. Check out Schwarzenegger, he said "screw your freedom." Well, his freedom has done him pretty good. 

Arnold is just another bold faced liar like all the rest of Follywood . Not long after making that statement he was observed ....

Maskless Arnold Schwarzenegger seen in Beverly Hills. The former governor of California was spotted wearing a grey tee and black shorts paired with sunglasses and a cowboy hat. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Garufa said:

Good grief, all vaccines inject you with some of whatever they are supposed to prevent to build up your immunity. There is nothing new about that and I guarantee you that you and everyone else in this country has been vaxxed for something.

Quit listening to talking heads and try to embrace a little bit of science.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/how-they-work.html?s_cid=11439:how the covid vaccine works:sem.ga:p:RG:GM:gen:PTN:FY21

This is what  got from the CDC link, the very reason the that us that have had the chicon crap do not need the jab.

The first time a person is infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, it can take several days or weeks for their body to make and use all the germ-fighting tools needed to get over the infection. After the infection, the person’s immune system remembers what it learned about how to protect the body against that disease.

The body keeps a few T-lymphocytes, called “memory cells,” that go into action quickly if the body encounters the same virus again. When the familiar antigens are detected, B-lymphocytes produce antibodies to attack them. Experts are still learning how long these memory cells protect a person against the virus that causes COVID-19.

• Admin Team

There’s not an available ICU bed in middle Tennessee today:

Maury Regional 0
HCA Tristar 0 
St Thomas 0 
Vandy 0
NAMC in Florence, AL 0
Huntsville 0
Williamson County 0
Erlanger in Chattanooga 0
Jackson TN 0

It’s probably not a terrible idea to stay off ladders around the house today.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

I so very much appreciate the thanks some of you have offered my comment.  I have never been, and will never be, a "controversial" person on TGO.  The pain that so many patients and families I've counseled regarding COVID has been so avoidable.  To see people choose thoughts and beliefs over family and friends has been very painful for me as a therapist.

Folks, we have GOT to get back to "live and let live."  Maybe we do not share all perspectives on everything, but we MUST uphold the worth of EVERY person despite our disagreements.

Please, no one take me on for my thoughts.  The bottom line is that maintaining relationships trumps any kind of disagreements.  When all is said and done our relationships get us through difficult moments, not our belief systems.

• Like 6
On 8/13/2021 at 8:47 PM, Chucktshoes said:

Eh, not quite. 

The covid vaccines, like most vaccines don’t actually fully prevent folks from catching it. They do mostly keep them from getting sick. Also, it absolutely is being reported that folks who have been fully vaccinated are still possible transmission vectors. 

So it isn’t the unvaccinated who are posing a danger to the vaccinated, but the other way around. 

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210203-why-vaccinated-people-may-still-be-able-to-spread-covid-19

Eh, you might be surprised to find out how much I'm educated in microbiology, physiology, immunology, etc. Granted, I haven't practiced for 21 years, but my education is still there. I'm seeing a lot of conspiracy theory bull 💩 posted in this thread.

Edited by E4 No More
5 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Eh, you might be surprised to find out how much I'm educated in microbiology, physiology, immunology, etc. Granted, I haven't practiced for 21 years, but my education is still there. I'm seeing a lot of conspiracy theory bull 💩 posted in this thread.

This whole thread is pretty much 💩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Rise continues:
Aug 1-7    89
Aug 8-14  129

- OS

They gave a sobering statistic today. "There have been 1,023 new hospitalizations in Tennessee in the first 15 days of August, more than any other full month of the pandemic. The next worst month for COVID-19 hospitalizations in the state was November, when new hospitalizations surpassed 900."

https://www.wate.com/news/tennessee-more-covid-19-hospitalizations-in-august-than-any-other-month-of-pandemic/

• Sad 1