SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Garufa said:

Many people who brag on “the world’s best healthcare system simply have not been subject to the realities of how it works.

Further, just because something is "best" (of other competing systems) does not mean that it can't be better, either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 8/17/2021 at 5:13 PM, Raoul said:

I truly hope that's not the case..

Depends on what you mean.  I technically have family but I only speak to my wife and kids daily.  I recently moved to Texas for work and prior to that I was in Nashville since 2004. My immediate family stayed in TN for work / school.  I grew up in Knoxville and just never really had any friends in Nashville after my military ones moved away.  Im not particularly close with my family so yeah.  No friends or family (extended).

Edited by Daniel
  • Sad 1
On 8/18/2021 at 5:58 PM, Grayfox54 said:

My oldest son is diabetic. He has a good job and makes good money. Yet he struggles due to the high cost of insulin. Dammit! The government gives free meds and needles to junkies. Why the Hell do legitimately sick, but productive citizens have to suffer? The cost of insulin seriously needs some government control. But big pharma OWNS Congress, so don't expect any change. The cost of insulin amounts to a huge racket!  💩

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/aoc-biden-covid-vaccine-patent-b1842922.html

Hey! You agree on something!

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1
  • Admin Team

Phil Valentine didn’t make it:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/outspoken-conservative-radio-host-phil-valentine-dies-after-battling-covid-19

I may be unlikely to change anyone’s mind at this point, but if you’re on the fence about getting vaccinated, I’m happy to answer any questions and provide resources you can trust.

Pfizer should have full approval next week.

Delta may as well be a different pandemic.

And damn I’m tired of losing people. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

Phil Valentine didn’t make it:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/outspoken-conservative-radio-host-phil-valentine-dies-after-battling-covid-19

I may be unlikely to change anyone’s mind at this point, but if you’re on the fence about getting vaccinated, I’m happy to answer any questions and provide resources you can trust.

Pfizer should have full approval next week.

Delta may as well be a different pandemic.

And damn I’m tired of losing people. 

I was afraid of that. I’ll sure miss him. He was probably my all time favorite talk show host. May God bless his family. They’ve been through a lot.

2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Phil Valentine didn’t make it. 

Maybe some good will come out of it and his followers will listen to his regret for not taking steps that could have prevented his untimely death.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2

I doubt it. There seems to be this mindset that if you deny it exists it will go away. Denial is ugly business. As I've said before, it's real and it will kill you if given a chance.

It's a lot less lethal than the uber left would lead you to believe, but it can kill you nonetheless.

I just can't understand being so stupid and dogmatic that you're too stupid to get a ####ing vaccination.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

It seems the republicans/conservatives are mostly the ones refusing the vaccine. They're also the ones filling up hospitals and dying. If this keeps up, the democrats won't have to cheat in the next election.  🤔

They are just the noisiest about not taking it.  Minorities have a fairly low vaccination rate and we all know how they generally lean.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Me too. But, it's not over.

2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

No, it’s definitely not.

This next month or so is going to be hell. 

I spoke to my friend earlier that's a ICU nurse in Vancouver, WA. He tries to stay fairly positive about work but finally confessed today that his ER is in the worst shape it's ever been. The nurses are exhausted. The other night 7 nurses called out. They are desperately short staffed and trying to take care of too many patients per nurse. Despite how bad it is, he said the same thing that they believe the worst is yet to come.

• Sad 1
50 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

It seems the republicans/conservatives are mostly the ones refusing the vaccine. They're also the ones filling up hospitals and dying. If this keeps up, the democrats won't have to cheat in the next election.  🤔

This is a good argument.  "Get the vaccine, dumbass!  If you get COVID and die now, you'll be voting for Harris in 2024!"  🤣

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Raoul said:

I doubt it. There seems to be this mindset that if you deny it exists it will go away. Denial is ugly business. As I've said before, it's real and it will kill you if given a chance.

It's a lot less lethal than the uber left would lead you to believe, but it can kill you nonetheless.

I just can't understand being so stupid and dogmatic that you're too stupid to get a ####ing vaccination.

You know eventually Tator Brain and his administration will order everyone that hasn't got the vax, to get it. That will probably eventually happen.  You are gonna have to think really really really hard about what you're gonna complain about after that happens. 🤔

7 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

You know eventually Tator Brain and his administration will order everyone that hasn't got the vax, to get it. That will probably eventually happen.  You are gonna have to think really really really hard about what you're gonna complain about after that happens. 🤔

My prediction:

Once they figure out the logistics of how to do it, they will order everyone receiving any money from the federal government to get it. Welfare, Social Security, Medicare, Military retirement, Civil Service retirement ... etc.  Welfare recipients will probably be the last group to have to tow the line but they will get to them eventually.

They might lose in court but people will suffer in the mean time (as if they care).

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

You misspelled tater 🙂 

• Haha 2