SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

• Moderators

Also, I’m curious about this. We have had at least one member die from COVID and I suspect many more members than have lost family. What about the same for severe side effects from any of the vaccines? I don’t think some body aches and potentially a fever totaling less than 24 hours fits what I’m talking about here. 

• Admin Team
4 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

@MacGyver

Care to expound on the mountains of data and research we have on any of these vaccines? I’d be curious what you have to say about the trials, research, and safety record of this vs other vaccines that have made it to market.

Even though I myself have and even to some extent do fall into this fallacy, I find it extremely ironic that it is bad that the vaccine arrived quickly, as if it would have been better to take the “normal” timeline and have many, many more people die. At least then you could trust the vaccine? Or would that be the case of blame governments or cooperations for being ineffective?

I’ll pull it when I’m not on mobile - which as of about 15 minutes ago may be a day or two.

But, the data is available and public. There’s no secret cabal guarding it. It’s a matter of public record.

The short answer is this - this vaccine has been developed more in public - and there has been more data gathered than any other vaccine we’ve ever developed.

I’d actually be willing to wager we’ve got more data on these vaccines than we do every vaccine in history since we were blowing dried cow puss up peoples noses. The stakes were that high.

Now, there have been other highly contagious, high stakes diseases.  Think polio.  But they just didn’t gather as much data back then. Same with small pox.  Now, of course there have been volumes of data collected over time - both good and bad - there’s a reason they tell you that a possible side effect of that tetanus booster is paralysis or death.

But, also remember that we’re not starting from zero.  A lot of the science behind vaccine development isn’t new. Sure, mRNA vaccines are new. And if we’re honest, the risk associated with them is non-zero.  But, it’s very low - and it’s certainly lower than the risks associated with COVID.

If anything you can see the process working by how slow the approval process is actually going.  You saw the pause in the Spring while they investigated the blood clot issue.  That’s not a sign that they’re taking shortcuts.  That’s a sign that the process is as rigorous as it should be. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I know very little about medicine of the metabolic and chemical makeup of the human body. I am a numbers guy. What gives me pause is everything I see points to a small group of folks getting very wealthy from this. I can think of no other reason these folks are pushing so damned hard for everyone to get this shot.

True, but how is this different from most every aspect of modern (and past) life ...

37 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

For what it’s worth, if you’ve got ETFs in your retirement fund, you’ve probably at least got Pfizer and J&j in there  🙂

Also true for many mutual funds as well.  My med-based funds are doing well these days, but again that's been true for years ...

• Administrator
12 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I love Walgreens shots. You can feel some of them in your toes.

CVS is right up there with them.  The nurse who administered my government tracking device went straight down into the top of my shoulder cap with the syringe, like she was trying to reenact a scene from Julius Caesar or something.

Et tu, Nurse Sally?? 🥴

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, TGO David said:

CVS is right up there with them.  The nurse who administered my government tracking device went straight down into the top of my shoulder cap with the syringe, like she was trying to reenact a scene from Julius Caesar or something.

Et tu, Nurse Sally?? 🥴

I got mine yesterday at Walgreens and I’m not sure I even felt it. If it wasn’t for the soreness in that arm today I might could convince myself she faked it. 

Edited by GlockSpock
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, MacGyver said:

For what it’s worth, if you’ve got ETFs in your retirement fund, you’ve probably at least got Pfizer and J&j in there  🙂

I deeply care about this community - and if I can help anyone - that’s all the reason I’ve got and all the motivation I need.  Full stop.

As a forensic professional I’ve had too many heart wrenching conversations this year with folks who have lost their loved ones.

I’m not a front line worker by any stretch.

But I’m so tired.  Everyone I work with is just flat exhausted. I worry for our nurses’ and ambulance drivers’ mental well being. How many hands can you hold and cry as they die without their loved ones near?

There is a metric ton of bad information out there. It’s become hard to figure out who to trust.  If I can use my voice to help people find their way through it I will.

Offer stands.  DMs are open.  Happy to talk anytime. 

I understand your motivation. I wasn't referring to you. I would sure like to see Faucci's investment holdings and what kickbacks he is receiving.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, No_0ne said:

True, but how is this different from most every aspect of modern (and past) life ...

Also true for many mutual funds as well.  My med-based funds are doing well these days, but again that's been true for years ...

I own some shares of a healthcare oriented mutual fund, and it has been doing great this past year. The difference it this and past money making scams is that this could be jacking with the health and lives of American citizens.

• Admin Team
29 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I understand your motivation. I wasn't referring to you. I would sure like to see Faucci's investment holdings and what kickbacks he is receiving.

He’s required to file a financial disclosure form with the Office of Government Ethics. It’s a public document so I’m sure it’s available online.

If you dig into it, let us know. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

I got mine yesterday at Walgreens and I’m not sure I even felt it. If it wasn’t for the soreness in that arm today I might could convince myself she faked it. 

Same here.. Walgreens, I made him show me the syringe. Absolutely never felt the shot. Arm soreness today is secondary proof for sure. BTW, this was my 8-month Pfizer booster 

3 hours ago, TGO David said:

Et tu, Nurse Sally?? 🥴

AFIK, there are no nurses in drug stores, just pharmacists. Read the instructions on the package and jab away.

2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

He’s required to file a financial disclosure form with the Office of Government Ethics. It’s a public document so I’m sure it’s available online.

If you dig into it, let us know. 

Wouldn't help me, Mac. If he'd lie about anything else, he'd certainly lie about his financials. You have way more faith in government officials; especially unelected, unaccountable ones than I do.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Raoul said:

Anybody get a flu shot this year?

Yes.  I’ve received flu shot, pneumonia shot and covid vaccine. I’m also considering the shingles vaccine. 

I’m at the point where I know I have fewer days in front of me than behind me, so I’m not concerned about side effects or long term issues with vaccines. I just need to see the world. 

Edited by Links2k
  • Like 9
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, mikegideon said:

AFIK, there are no nurses in drug stores, just pharmacists. Read the instructions on the package and jab away.

CVS Minute Clinic is the only one at a CVS that will do the J&J shot, down here at least.   It was definitely a nurse who stabbed me.  The pharmacist is the one who jabs you for the mutant DNA shot.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TGO David said:

CVS Minute Clinic is the only one at a CVS that will do the J&J shot, down here at least.   It was definitely a nurse who stabbed me.  The pharmacist is the one who jabs you for the mutant DNA shot.

I went in one of those CVS clinics in Florida once. I was covered in poison ivy. Both eyes swelled shut. It was bad. The sign had a short list of what they treated. On the list was poison ivy. I'm in business, right? The chick in the booth took a look at me and said "Damn! You need to go see a doctor!" You know they wouldn't refund my copay?🤔

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, TGO David said:

Oh yeah. I figure all the Covid jabs have nurses around. I was talking about the routine vaccines like flu and shingles. 

3 hours ago, Links2k said:

Yes.  I’ve received flu shot, pneumonia shot and covid vaccine. I’m also considering the shingles vaccine. 

I’m at the point where I know I have fewer days in front of me than behind me, so I’m not concerned about side effects or long term issues with vaccines. I just need to see the world. 

I did the same. Now if I could find a vaccine to keep me from opening my big mouth at the wrong time I'd be all set.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Admin Team

A lady in our office turned down the shingles vaccine and came down with it two weeks later.  It’s been months and she’s still not fully recovered.

She said there were a couple of days where she thought it was going to kill her and that it would have come as a relief. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Moderators
40 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

A lady in our office turned down the shingles vaccine and came down with it two weeks later.  It’s been months and she’s still not fully recovered.

She said there were a couple of days where she thought it was going to kill her and that it would have come as a relief. 

When we were dating my Wife got shingles on her shoulder when she was 18 . Pretty much everyone told her at the time that getting it at such a young age was extremely rare. That didn't do much to help her situation. My understanding is that you can only get shingles if you have had the chicken pox, is that correct? I had the chicken pox vaccine as a child and she attended a chicken pox party.

As far as I know, I cannot get shingles (based on the aforementioned understanding). I hope I don't jinx that one.

Edited by GlockSpock