SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

15 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Get the vaccine and you most likely won't die. Vaccine availability is free and unlimited. THAT's science. 

Next problem.

My Doc has determined that since I have had the chicom crap, taking the jab could be bad for my health. Have a letter to show if needed. I know it wont get me by a place that requires the jab to get in. However I just wont go to that location or any other. As far as a test to prove I do not have the crap, see above.

If you are in any kind of poor health or have not had the crap, get the jab, it has shown that it just might keep you alive.

I for one am so damn tired of all of this, please let me off the ride!!!

• Like 5
2 hours ago, RED333 said:

I agree! The situation is completed wacked! People are so bent by the slightest hint of disagreement with their "correct" stance that you can't even make a comment on things without being bashed and shamed.

Case in point...I comment on one of the many FB threads last week on Phil Valentine's passing. I just made comments of how I'd gotten into listening, how I'd learned from him, and genuinely enjoyed his stance and life outlook. Safe enough, I thought.

Well...I was wrong. As of Monday night, the last time I looked at it; I'd gotten right at 200 comments on my ignorance, being brainwashed by right leaning propaganda, being accused of anti-vaccine, and in general that I was a bad person. One went so far as to suggest I should join Phil. Immediately.

There's more, but I stopped at the last one. Not surprisingly, even my lefty neighbor chimed in on the bashing. Towards the end of my reading, a poster commented that there were at that time, at least 157 poeple smarter than I was. My neighbor jumped in to comment that now there were at least 187 with him counting him.

I'm still shaking my head over this situation. I never said anything past liking and agreeing withPhil on many things. It rapidly became vicious and went to the vaccine stance Phil had. Which as I remember, was basically... it's your choice. And I never even mentioned Covid or vaccines!

We can't even give "other" opinions now. Must be in lockstep with the masses or you're dirt, and uneducated dirt at that.

I'm beginnig to think I should just delete FB and go back to using phones as A.G. Bell intended...just to talk.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I can’t say I agree with all of Phil’s opinions, or for that matter the opinions of a % of the TGO (or the world), but I am also not an A$$ (although my wife might disagree at times). 

If someone doesn’t agree with me, or if I think their stance on a subject is wrong, that’s just life. In MY world, It’s not my place to: 

a) Tell you you are wrong because I think you are (and be a 🍆 about it),

b) Get mad at you for not agreeing with me,

c) “Convert” you to my opinion 

However, if someone wants to have a rational discussion on the subject, and the result is one of use changing our mind on the subject, that’s fine. 

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I can’t say I agree with all of Phil’s opinions, or for that matter the opinions of a % of the TGO (or the world), but I am also not an A$$ (although my wife might disagree at times). 

If someone doesn’t agree with me, or if I think their stance on a subject is wrong, that’s just life. In MY world, It’s not my place to: 

a) Tell you you are wrong because I think you are (and be a 🍆 about it),

b) Get mad at you for not agreeing with me,

c) “Convert” you to my opinion 

However, if someone wants to have a rational discussion on the subject, and the result is one of use changing our mind on the subject, that’s fine. 

Agreed. However, my wife says I'm not "mellowing" as I should be. In my recent years, as I seem to have less and less patience with "people" in general. I guess it's a good thing I'm not ingreat physical condition or I'd be out getting into things that really incense me.

I think she just may be right.

Here is an attempt to paraphrase something  that I read years ago, and I tend to agree with it. Much more so each day I'm here looking out at the world.

People/Humanity, as a mass, as a group are stupid, useless,mindless, easily led sheep; and prefer to be told what to do and how to act.

As Individuals, there are some that are worth saving. Those few "individuals" are the only reason we have survived and advanced to this point. The rest follow the leader.

Me? I'm a sheep wanting out. Know just enough to be a danger, but often not enough to help.

Edited by hipower
3 hours ago, RED333 said:

My Doc has determined that since I have had the chicom crap, taking the jab could be bad for my health. Have a letter to show if needed. I know it wont get me by a place that requires the jab to get in. However I just wont go to that location or any other. As far as a test to prove I do not have the crap, see above.

If you are in any kind of poor health or have not had the crap, get the jab, it has shown that it just might keep you alive.

I didn't mean you. But I would reconcile with what TGO David's doc told him. If that immunity is gonna wane, I would rather get a booster shot than die of this nasty stuff. There is a huge bunch of folks in your boat.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, hipower said:

I agree! The situation is completed wacked! People are so bent by the slightest hint of disagreement with their "correct" stance that you can't even make a comment on things without being bashed and shamed.

Case in point...I comment on one of the many FB threads last week on Phil Valentine's passing. I just made comments of how I'd gotten into listening, how I'd learned from him, and genuinely enjoyed his stance and life outlook. Safe enough, I thought.

Well...I was wrong. As of Monday night, the last time I looked at it; I'd gotten right at 200 comments on my ignorance, being brainwashed by right leaning propaganda, being accused of anti-vaccine, and in general that I was a bad person. One went so far as to suggest I should join Phil. Immediately.

There's more, but I stopped at the last one. Not surprisingly, even my lefty neighbor chimed in on the bashing. Towards the end of my reading, a poster commented that there were at that time, at least 157 poeple smarter than I was. My neighbor jumped in to comment that now there were at least 187 with him counting him.

I'm still shaking my head over this situation. I never said anything past liking and agreeing withPhil on many things. It rapidly became vicious and went to the vaccine stance Phil had. Which as I remember, was basically... it's your choice. And I never even mentioned Covid or vaccines!

We can't even give "other" opinions now. Must be in lockstep with the masses or you're dirt, and uneducated dirt at that.

I'm beginnig to think I should just delete FB and go back to using phones as A.G. Bell intended...just to talk.

That's why I make an effort to offend those kind of folks on Facebook. If somebody is going to scream at me, I will get rid of them quickly.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, hipower said:

Yeah, TGO is the only "social media" I can handle, but maybe that's just because I ban anyone I don't agree with.

text thor GIF

Well, joking aside, I simply wish people could reasonably discuss things like this, because they are important topics.

Edited by GlockSpock
EDIT: And this is a perfect 5001st post. Congrats me!
  • Like 6
3 hours ago, Snaveba said:

According to my wife, I am turning into a “grumpy old man”. I agree my patience with stupid people is less than it used to be and I let the “little things” get to me too quickly. 

My wife says I've been a grumpy old man for a long time. And I'm not that old. I share your lack of patience with stupid. My solution, for my own sanity, is to disengage whenever possible.  

• Administrator
On 8/24/2021 at 9:09 PM, MacGyver said:

We’ve known for a while that one of the common lasting side effects of COVID is erectile dysfunction.  That alone should be enough motivation for some folks.   

On 8/24/2021 at 10:50 PM, mikegideon said:

They should be leading with that one. Seriously.

On 8/25/2021 at 3:22 PM, mikegideon said:

Y'all go ahead and post that anti-vax stuff. I'm worried about my pecker. Boost me, oh great cockwomble!

As a COVID-19 survivor, I take firm issue with these baseless claims!

tfd103 that's what you think GIF by Tacoma FD

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
46 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

I don't even want to comment on this  

Insurance providers will no longer waive all costs associated with COVID-19 treatments

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/insurance-providers-will-no-longer-waive-all-costs-associated-with-covid-19-treatments

I will.  Underneath the Fox sensationalism there is the reality that insurance companies cannot bear the expense of covid treatment forever.

The best medical care in the world (😂) comes at a cost and that cost is astronomical.  And you still have a good chance of dying.

• Like 5

I've mentioned my dad a few times saying I wish he would get vaccinated. He said he was going to a month or so ago but never did. Today he tested positive. Apparently one of his coworkers came to work even though she had symptoms. He's ok for now but sounded rough when I spoke to him earlier. Stay safe folks. 

• Sad 4
2 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I've mentioned my dad a few times saying I wish he would get vaccinated. He said he was going to a month or so ago but never did. Today he tested positive. Apparently one of his coworkers came to work even though she had symptoms. He's ok for now but sounded rough when I spoke to him earlier. Stay safe folks. 

Sorry to hear that E.  Hope he’s not a true positive and if so, he gets through it ok.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Does he have any underlying health issues? IIRC he was helping you hang drywall so I figured he was in decent shape when you said you convinced him to get it.

Hope he has a speedy recovery 👍

8 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Does he have any underlying health issues? IIRC he was helping you hang drywall so I figured he was in decent shape when you said you convinced him to get it.

Hope he has a speedy recovery 👍

He has heart disease and some other issues that they haven't figured out. He's only 64 though. Young enough to help with drywall. We both hurt the next day. 🙂

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I hope he's negative. If not, I hope he is a candidate for real treatment, like an antibody infusion. I hope it leaves him alone.

11 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I hope he's negative. If not, I hope he is a candidate for real treatment, like an antibody infusion. I hope it leaves him alone.

He definitely has COVID and his doc gave him that antibody infusion today thankfully. I didn't even know about this treatment until he mentioned it.

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

Yeah, TGO is the only "social media" I can handle, but maybe that's just because I ban anyone I don't agree with.

Well, joking aside, I simply wish people could reasonably discuss things like this, because they are important topics.

I started to respond to this when it was first posted but decided to wait and choose my words carefully so I wouldn't get banned ( Also joking ) icon-smile-1.gif

I too, wish we could just discuss things. But I believe that any serious topic which has two drastically different opinions will eventually lead to put-downs, finger pointing and name calling. I also believe that every person has a right to their opinion and the right to express it ( just my opinion ).  My problem is with those who believe that their opinion is the only one that is right or the only one that matters and has this overwhelming compulsion to prove their point. 

The Covid test/vaccines/masks, abortion and even gun control are examples of these types of topics. Everyone has an opinion and all the pushing, name calling and derogatory remarks are not going to change their minds.

Gun control is a good example since most of us, at least I hope so, are on the same side. I don't understand the reasoning of the gun control people but they probably have no doubt that their way of thinking is right. I do though, have respect for their right to their beliefs and long as they don't try to push their way of thinking on me I have no problem with them. The same with any other subject, if your opinion is different than mine, I'm not going to try to change your mind or argue with you but will just let it slide because it's just not that important to me.

I just might be the only one here that misses the political threads.  Not because of the name calling and all of that but it helped present a picture of a persons personality. Seeing how they responded to different statements or situations said a lot about a person.  Just from those threads I could most likely figure out who I could befriend and those I wouldn't trust very far.

Well.....if I get banned, it's been fun.  thumb-up.gif

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

I started to respond to this when it was first posted but decided to wait and choose my words carefully so I wouldn't get banned ( Also joking ) icon-smile-1.gif

I too, wish we could just discuss things. But I believe that any serious topic which has two drastically different opinions will eventually lead to put-downs, finger pointing and name calling. I also believe that every person has a right to their opinion and the right to express it ( just my opinion ).  My problem is with those who believe that their opinion is the only one that is right or the only one that matters and has this overwhelming compulsion to prove their point. 

The Covid test/vaccines/masks, abortion and even gun control are examples of these types of topics. Everyone has an opinion and all the pushing, name calling and derogatory remarks are not going to change their minds.

Gun control is a good example since most of us, at least I hope so, are on the same side. I don't understand the reasoning of the gun control people but they probably have no doubt that their way of thinking is right. I do though, have respect for their right to their beliefs and long as they don't try to push their way of thinking on me I have no problem with them. The same with any other subject, if your opinion is different than mine, I'm not going to try to change your mind or argue with you but will just let it slide because it's just not that important to me.

I just might be the only one here that misses the political threads.  Not because of the name calling and all of that but it helped present a picture of a persons personality. Seeing how they responded to different statements or situations said a lot about a person.  Just from those threads I could most likely figure out who I could befriend and those I wouldn't trust very far.

Well.....if I get banned, it's been fun.  thumb-up.gif

I don't know about including gun control in those topics, xsub.  The very word control implies that they want to force something on someone, so I think gun control is in its own pathetic league.

Btw, I too miss the political threads.

• Like 3