SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

• Admin Team
41 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

He definitely has COVID and his doc gave him that antibody infusion today thankfully. I didn't even know about this treatment until he mentioned it.

Monoclonal antibodies are as close to a miracle treatment as we have for this thing - so long as they diagnose early and you get them early.

Prayers for him and y’all.

Keep us posted. 

1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

He definitely has COVID and his doc gave him that antibody infusion today thankfully. I didn't even know about this treatment until he mentioned it.

GREAT! That's what saved your least favorite president's bacon. Like Mac said, it's THE thing.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

Well, joking aside, I simply wish people could reasonably discuss things like this, because they are important topics.

I try with my old army buddies but 90% of them dont want to hear anything but the beating of a war drum at whoever happens to be their target that day and anyone who isnt on their "side."

• Like 1
2 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

I started to respond to this when it was first posted but decided to wait and choose my words carefully so I wouldn't get banned ( Also joking ) icon-smile-1.gif

I too, wish we could just discuss things. But I believe that any serious topic which has two drastically different opinions will eventually lead to put-downs, finger pointing and name calling. I also believe that every person has a right to their opinion and the right to express it ( just my opinion ).  My problem is with those who believe that their opinion is the only one that is right or the only one that matters and has this overwhelming compulsion to prove their point. 

The Covid test/vaccines/masks, abortion and even gun control are examples of these types of topics. Everyone has an opinion and all the pushing, name calling and derogatory remarks are not going to change their minds.

Gun control is a good example since most of us, at least I hope so, are on the same side. I don't understand the reasoning of the gun control people but they probably have no doubt that their way of thinking is right. I do though, have respect for their right to their beliefs and long as they don't try to push their way of thinking on me I have no problem with them. The same with any other subject, if your opinion is different than mine, I'm not going to try to change your mind or argue with you but will just let it slide because it's just not that important to me.

I just might be the only one here that misses the political threads.  Not because of the name calling and all of that but it helped present a picture of a persons personality. Seeing how they responded to different statements or situations said a lot about a person.  Just from those threads I could most likely figure out who I could befriend and those I wouldn't trust very far.

Well.....if I get banned, it's been fun.  thumb-up.gif

I miss the politics board too!

2 hours ago, QuackerSmacker said:

A biophysicist told me that trying to block viruses with a mask is like trying to block mosquitoes with a chain link fence.  Size matters! 

No one is blocking virus.  They are blocking spit and other things projected out of your mouth and nose with virus in them.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

Gun control is a good example since most of us, at least I hope so, are on the same side. I don't understand the reasoning of the gun control people but they probably have no doubt that their way of thinking is right.

Their reasoning is that the right of the people to NOT be killed by a crazy or malicious person with a gun is more important than our right to go to the range or defend ourselves with a gun.   They reason that if most guns are turned in that in not too long of a time that they will become scarcer and scarcer.  Much like MGs and or NFA items being very common in crimes during the depression but then the NFA has made them to be very valuable and almost never used in crimes.  

9 hours ago, Daniel said:

Their reasoning is that the right of the people to NOT be killed by a crazy or malicious person with a gun is more important than our right to go to the range or defend ourselves with a gun.   They reason that if most guns are turned in that in not too long of a time that they will become scarcer and scarcer.  Much like MGs and or NFA items being very common in crimes during the depression but then the NFA has made them to be very valuable and almost never used in crimes.  

They will never reach those real results with the second amendment in place. So instead, they are a constant pain in our asses. In my case, they lose my support for EVERY one of their issues. Some would probably gain my support if they hadn't declared themselves my mortal enemy. My goal is to keep ANY of them from getting elected to ANYTHING.

They really are trying to shoot the wrong horse.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I've mentioned my dad a few times saying I wish he would get vaccinated. He said he was going to a month or so ago but never did. Today he tested positive. Apparently one of his coworkers came to work even though she had symptoms. He's ok for now but sounded rough when I spoke to him earlier. Stay safe folks. 

Sorry to hear that Erik!  I hope he has an easy time of it!

I convinced my wife to get her jab earlier this week. So yesterday, I took her and I my youngest to get theirs.  My wife opted for the J&J, because we are going on vacation in three weeks, to the plague capital of the US, Florida, and she didn't want a reaction to the second shot, while on vacation. 

My youngest, got the Phizer, and is scheduled to go back on September17th for her follow up.  I also had the Phizer, with no side effects at all.  That leaves my son as the only one that hasn't gotten the jab.  Going to start working on him now.

My mom was diagnosed with Stage 2 Pancreatic Cancer back in May.  Her and my dad, both received the Phizer back in March. But I was the only one that could go around her since she started her chemo.  And even I keep my distance, because of COVID.