SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

7 hours ago, maroonandwhite said:

All I know is I don’t want it again and wanted the vaccine ASAP

Good for you to get the shot, however you can catch the crap again. The anti bodies will keep you from getting VERY sick.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Really no point. Just pushing buttons.

I heard on the radio today that there have been 39 deaths from break-out COVID in the state. At first I was shocked until I thought about it a bit.

1. The people who died could have been part of the 5% of people on whom the Pfizer/Moderna's vaccines are not effective.

2. The people who died could have been part of the 28% of people on whom the J&J vaccine is not effective.

3. The infections were truly breakthrough infections, and for some unknown reason the vaccines did not give lessened COVID severity as advertised. This makes me wonder what that percentage is.

One of my fears has come a reality. My granddaughter brought COVID into the house, and now my disabled daughter who was advised by her doctor not to get the vaccine because he didn't know how it would affect her neurological disorder now has COVID. Fortunately, for now she's OK.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I heard on the radio today that there have been 39 deaths from break-out COVID in the state. At first I was shocked until I thought about it a bit.

1. The people who died could have been part of the 5% of people on whom the Pfizer/Moderna's vaccines are not effective.

2. The people who died could have been part of the 28% of people on whom the J&J vaccine is not effective.

3. The infections were truly breakthrough infections, and for some unknown reason the vaccines did not give lessened COVID severity as advertised. This makes me wonder what that percentage is.

One of my fears has come a reality. My granddaughter brought COVID into the house, and now my disabled daughter who was advised by her doctor not to get the vaccine because he didn't know how it would affect her neurological disorder now has COVID. Fortunately, for now she's OK.

A fourth possibility is that the 39 people were ones who were already severely sick from something else like cancer. Maybe they had some underlying conditions.

Hopefully your daughter will be fine. Can she get that antibody infusion from her doctor?

• Like 1

Got my third shot yesterday.  Hospital my wife works for thawed viles to administer to immunocompromised patients and had some leftover that were bound for the trashcan.  As someone with asthma, I don't want any virus that attacks my lungs, and being at the 9 month mark since my last Pfizer shot I went an got another.  Rest assured while some of yall are out there trying to decide to take a vaccine or not I'm over here being a voluntary lab rat.  If it means I don't suffocate to death over a 5 week period I'll take the chances.  

• Like 11
On 9/3/2021 at 2:53 PM, E4 No More said:

Hospitalized or fatal COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough cases reported to CDC as of August 30, 2021

As of August 30, 2021, more than 173 million people in the United States had been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

During the same time, CDC received reports from 49 U.S. states and territories of 12,908 patients with COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough infection who were hospitalized or died.

Total number of vaccine breakthrough infections reported to CDC
  Deaths
[Total=2,437]
Hospitalized, non-fatal
[Total=10,471]
Females 1,082 (44%) 5,059 (48%)
People aged ≥65 years 2,124 (87%) 7,282 (70%)
Asymptomatic or not COVID-related* 480 (21%) 2,409 (25%)

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

5 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Info on treatments.

fauci-in-2005-touting-hcq-as-prevention-treatment-for-coronavirus-jpg.223803

3 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I don't trust the little cockwomble enough to believe this either.

https://www.spin.com/featured/aids-and-the-azt-scandal-spin-1989-feature-sins-of-omission/

Find the actual article why dont you instead of a picture of a website.  

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-422X-2-69

"....

Conclusion

Chloroquine, a relatively safe, effective and cheap drug used for treating many human diseases including malaria, amoebiosis and human immunodeficiency virus is effective in inhibiting the infection and spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. The fact that the drug has significant inhibitory antiviral effect when the susceptible cells were treated either prior to or after infection suggests a possible prophylactic and therapeutic use.

Methods

SARS-CoV infection, immunofluorescence, and immunoprecipitation analyses

Vero E6 cells (an African green monkey kidney cell line) were infected with SARS-CoV (Urbani strain) at a multiplicity of infection of 0.5 for 1 h. The cells were washed with PBS and then incubated in OPTI-MEM (Invitrogen) medium with or without various concentrations of either chloroquine or NH4Cl (both from Sigma). Immunofluorescence staining was performed with SARS-CoV-specific hyperimmune mouse ascitic fluid (HMAF) [8] followed by anti-mouse fluorescein-coupled antibody.
...."

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-9202531015

Chloroquine/SARS study doesn’t prove hydroxychloroquine works against COVID-19

By BEATRICE DUPUYJuly 31, 2020

CLAIM: A 2005 study that found that “Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread” proves that hydroxychloroquine is effective against COVID-19. 

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The study does not prove that the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine is effective against COVID-19. Several studies have found that hydroxychloroquine has no benefit against the coronavirus. 

THE FACTS: Social media users are sharing a study of a different drug and different virus to say that it shows that the government has long known about the benefits of hydroxychloroquine. 

In reality, chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are not the same drug. The viruses that cause SARS and COVID-19 are in the same family but are still different viruses. Also, the study was completed in a laboratory setting on primate cells and not performed on humans. 

The 2005 study published in the Virology Journal in 2005 and archived by the National Institutes of Health found that “chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells.” The posts online are sharing a screenshot from an opinion article byBrian Fischer, former director of the American Family Association, a Christian fundamentalist group, in the conservative community newspaper The Northwest Connection on April 28, 2020. 

In the article, Fischer says, “So HCQ functions as both a cure and a vaccine.”

When asked for comment from The Associated Press, Fischer responded by pointing to an opinion piece written by a Yale epidemiologist in support of hydroxychloroquine. 

One post sharing the screenshot of Fischer’s  article received more than 2,000 shares on Facebook said “well, well, well... look at what the hell surfaced.” The screenshot did not show that the article was labeled opinion. 

Several recent studies including one administered by the National Institutes of Health have found that hydroxychloroquine has no benefit on humans against the coronavirus. In June, the NIH announced that following a clinical trial to evaluate hydroxychloroquine they found that the “drug was very unlikely to be beneficial to hospitalized patients with COVID-19.”

The U.S Food and Drug Administration also revoked its emergency use authorization for the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat COVID-19, basing its decision on large and randomized clinical trials of hospitalized patients.

The FDA said that the drugs “showed no benefit for decreasing the likelihood of death or speeding recovery.”

Despite the evidence, President Donald Trump has continued to vocalize his support of the drug publicly.

There is also the bit about it being Fauci's people.  The researchers who cowrote the paper are split between US and Canadian and the Americans work for CDC in Atlanta.  Dr. Fauci works at National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Institute_of_Allergy_and_Infectious_Diseases

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 2
35 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What you got in the shop?  I had to leave my tools in Nashville.

Yeah. Some wood tools are a pain to move, and require some space too. I'm real fortunate when it comes to space...

Sawstop PCS 3.0

Laguna 1412 14 inch Bandsaw

Dewalt 735 with Luxcut III helical head

Cutech 6" jointer (kind of a turd) with carbide inserts

Wen 10" Bandsaw

Harbor freight mini lathe with bed extension

Bosch Router Table with Bosch Router

Ridgid 10" Compound Sliding Miter Saw with the Ridgid job site stand

Wen 8" slow speed grinder with the complete Wolverine Sharpening Package

Wen 4214 12" Drill press

Ryobi 6" grinder with Oneway balancing kit

Ryobi Belt/Disk Sander

Wen Oscillating Spindle Sander.

Shop Fox 1HP dust collector, heavily modified

Ridgid Shop Vac/ Oneida Dust Deputy DC

That's pretty much what's on wheels. Handheld power tool pile is extensive. Oh, and clamps. Gotta have clamps...

Clamps.jpg

• Like 1
15 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I have tripped over every one of those, one at a time. 🙂 I had to get more organized.

Mine are just leaned against the wall lol.  Ill find a photo or two of my tools.  I cant afford new so I buy 50s+ era Delta and rehab them.  

https://imgur.com/a/gietUKZ

I think thats an 80s or early 90s 14" bandsaw.  Delta Drill press from the 50s or 40s.  an original motor off of a tabletop one.  A 1950s Dewalt RAS I rewired and put new* bearings in etc.  Need to level the table.  I completely repainted the Unisaw and put in some older labels just cause I like the older style ones more (after these photos).  A 1950s 8" jointer.  Runs on 3 phase power so I have it running through a VFD to use my single phase.  And my most ambitious rebuild and still not complete is the Delta 12x5" planer also from the 50s.  I need to know exactly what gear oil to use and how to set the backlash.  I had to get a gear machined and it cost me 300 so I dont want to #### it up by installing it incorrectly or running a gear oil that will eat the bronze alloy its made out of.

Oh, you can even see the clamps leaning against the wall.

Edited by Daniel
  • Love 1
On 9/3/2021 at 3:06 PM, Erik88 said:

A fourth possibility is that the 39 people were ones who were already severely sick from something else like cancer. Maybe they had some underlying conditions.

Hopefully your daughter will be fine. Can she get that antibody infusion from her doctor?

Unfortunately, my daughter is at the mercy of Tenncare who do the minimum. She seems to be hanging on for now and not needing to go to the hospital.

Edited by E4 No More
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, Daniel said:

https://imgur.com/a/gietUKZ

I think thats an 80s or early 90s 14" bandsaw.  Delta Drill press from the 50s or 40s.  an original motor off of a tabletop one.  A 1950s Dewalt RAS I rewired and put near bearings in etc.  Need to level the table.  I completely repainted the Unisaw and put in some older labels just cause I like the older style ones more.  A 1950s 8" jointer.  Runs on 3 phase power so I have it running through a VFD to use my single phase.  And my most ambitious rebuild and still not complete is the Delta 12x5" planer also from the 50s.  I need to know exactly what gear oil to use and how to set the backlash.  I had to get a gear machined and it cost me 300 so I dont want to #### it up by installing it incorrectly or running a gear oil that will eat the bronze alloy its made out of.

Oh, you can even see the clamps leaning against the wall.

That's a GREAT shop. Love the jointer. Mine sucks. The biggest improvement in all those tools has been the steel frame bandsaw. Mine has a 13" resaw height. Well, and the Sawstop braking if you're clumsy like me. 

6 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

That's a GREAT shop. Love the jointer. Mine sucks. The biggest improvement in all those tools has been the steel frame bandsaw. Mine has a 13" resaw height. Well, and the Sawstop braking if you're clumsy like me. 

Yeah I have more tools but Im pretty proud of these as I took them down to individual parts and rebuilt them.  I did another tablesaw and a 6" jointer but sold them to upgrade.

Edited by Daniel
4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah I have more tools but Im pretty proud of these as I took them down to individual parts and rebuilt them.  I did another tablesaw and a 6" jointer but sold them to upgrade.

You should be proud. It's hard to buy any better. It's pretty amazing how little has changed in those tools over the decades, except for the overall quality. Lots of that old Delta stuff is still out there running every day, especially Unisaws.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1