SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, ReeferMac said:

....FDA broke the law itself when it issued the “approval.” The law requires a full hearing and the data from the full set of trials; the trials are not capable of being completed until early 2022 by the original submissions and they deliberately did not hold the hearing. 

When the regulatory agency violates its own rules issuing an approval, its unlikely to hold up in court challenges. Or so my lawyer friends tell me, I wouldn't know, I am not professionally trained as such.

I think its a foregone conclusion this will end up in the Supreme Court.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

When the regulatory agency violates its own rules issuing an approval, its unlikely to hold up in court challenges. Or so my lawyer friends tell me, I wouldn't know, I am not professionally trained as such.

I think its a foregone conclusion this will end up in the Supreme Court.

I won't pretend to know the ins, outs, and rules of such a thing, but I did find this as an opposing viewpoint to the article you pasted and linked to:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/08/26/vaccine-conspiracy-theorists-become-even-more-desperate-after-full-fda-authorization/

I believe that you are right that if rules were bypassed it will end up in the courts somewhere.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Raoul said:

It's about time everyone take a little responsibility and quit being dogmatic asswagons.

Flame away. I'm disappointed in some folks ignorance and lack of responsibility.

Adios friends.

It seems to me that asswagons would be pretty useful for some Americans. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TGO David said:

WAIT!  You can't teach me a new word like "asswagon" and then leave!   If I hit my thumb full-swing with a hammer, I am capable of swearing like a wounded pirate... but I've never even thought of combining those two words.

Teach Me Benedict Cumberbatch GIF

I thought it was well done. He could have called us a bunch of queers, like the infamous Letereat. 🙂 

• Haha 4
  • Administrator

Just a general question, but is everyone here familiar with the fact that Congress passed a law in 1986 that protects vaccine manufacturers from being sued in civil personal injury and wrongful death cases?   Or that the Supreme Court decided in favor of the Vaccine Act back in 2011 and decided that the federal law protects those manufacturers from design-defect claims as long as the vaccine was properly manufactured and carried adequate warning labels for any appropriate or relevant known effects?

I will admit that I was not well versed in any of this until my wife, a Registered Nurse, dropped that little bit of knowledge on me.

I could plagiarize, but I'll just throw some links out here instead...

Can I Sue Vaccine Manufacturers? (findlaw.com)

What Is the Vaccine Court and How Does It Work? (verywellhealth.com)

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ReeferMac said:

So the FDA has “fully approved” the Pfizer jab for Covid.

In doing so standing alone they have broken the law and thus have irrevocably destroyed their authority and any reason for anyone to ever do anything based on them ever again.

Let me explain.

Under black letter law an EUA is illegal if there is an alternative that is considered safe, effective and available. This was the reason the FDA did not (for 18 months!) run the studies and evaluate them on other early-intervention drugs for Covid-19. We all know what they are. I’m living proof they work too, as are millions of others worldwide.

But, more-importantly, this “full approval” voids all other vaccine EUAs for Covid-19. That is, under the law the Moderna and J&J instantly became illegal to offer or use within the United States.

The makers can apply for full authorization, of course, but the EUAs are void as of this morning and under black letter law cannot be administered to anyone in the United States as they are now unlicensed and unlawful products in human beings until and unless they are given full approval themselves. No medical provider can offer or administer any other than the Pfizer Covid-19 shot in the United States as of the moment of that approval.

You can bet the law will be ignored; note MRNAs stock price this morning. It should have instantly been cut in half.

In addition the FDA broke the law itself when it issued the “approval.” The law requires a full hearing and the data from the full set of trials; the trials are not capable of being completed until early 2022 by the original submissions and they deliberately did not hold the hearing. This is a black letter violation of the law as well, but nobody cares

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=243355

The language in the EUA has three conditions: there is no adequate, approved, and available alternative.

Just because Pfizer is adequate and approved, it doesn't mean it's available in sufficient quantities.  I know it sounds like a stretch, but this is why we had multiple companies pushing to make a vaccine...none of them alone could produce sufficient quantities for mass vaccination efforts to the population at large.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Just a general question, but is everyone here familiar with the fact that Congress passed a law in 1986 that protects vaccine manufacturers from being sued in civil personal injury and wrongful death cases?   Or that the Supreme Court decided in favor of the Vaccine Act back in 2011 and decided that the federal law protects those manufacturers from design-defect claims as long as the vaccine was properly manufactured and carried adequate warning labels for any appropriate or relevant known effects?

I will admit that I was not well versed in any of this until my wife, a Registered Nurse, dropped that little bit of knowledge on me.

Thanks for posting. I was not aware of this. I wonder if this applies in any way to employers, schools, etc who mandate such miracle cures as a condition of employment, education, et tal.

16 hours ago, TGO David said:

You got the vaccine, right? Did you get to read any warning label? A technical point I know, but cases are won on technicalities - all things being even.

To me it doesn't really matter about the vaccine manufacturer. If your job requires that you get the vaccine then they assume any liability unless you waive their liability.

Edited by E4 No More
10 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

To me it doesn't really matter about the vaccine manufacturer. If you job requires that you get the vaccine then they assume any liability unless you waive their liability.

What's this "job" you speak of? What if you don't have one, or know where to get one? 🙂 

34 minutes ago, btq96r said:

The language in the EUA has three conditions: there is no adequate, approved, and available alternative.

Agreed.

Thats why you can't talk about Ivermectin and Hcq. They are approved and plentiful, ahh, but adequate...? Well, worked for India, but what do they know.

41 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

Agreed.

Thats why you can't talk about Ivermectin and Hcq. They are approved and plentiful, ahh, but adequate...? Well, worked for India, but what do they know.

I'll talk about it. Friends wife & son both got the rona, started Ivermectin immediatly, symptoms started easing on 2nd day, after 5 days able to resume normal activities.

They both were also on zinc, & vitamin D supplements. Upped vitamin C also.

Edited by AuEagle
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, mikegideon said:

What's this "job" you speak of? What if you don't have one, or know where to get one? 🙂 

Imagine they take away your social security check and medicare won’t cover your medical expenses unless you get the jab.🤔You with us now, old man?😁

• Like 1
  • Administrator

2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Thanks for posting. I was not aware of this. I wonder if this applies in any way to employers, schools, etc who mandate such miracle cures as a condition of employment, education, et tal.

I am not a lawyer, but I would imagine that it adds some complexity to the scenario of attempting to sue an employer over it.  This on top of the normal complexity of suing an employer for terminating employment in an "at will" state.

The reasons that an employer in Tennessee cannot terminate an employment are pretty limited:  Employee Rights (tn.gov)

1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

You got the vaccine, right? Did you get to read any warning label? A technical point I know, but cases are won on technicalities - all things being even.

To me it doesn't really matter about the vaccine manufacturer. If you job requires that you get the vaccine then they assume any liability unless you waive their liability.

I did get the J&J shot.  I was given the typical sheets of paperwork prior to the jab that explained what the risks were.  This is normal fare anytime you admit yourself for any sort of medical care, though.

I skimmed it before letting Nurse Ratchet impale my shoulder with her rusty dagger, but I didn't read it in great detail.  I'm probably rare in comparison to most folks in that I actually did read a bit of it, though.  I would imagine that most folks treat it like the EULA on a software package and throw it in the trash without a glance.  🙂

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in an employee vs. employer personal injury lawsuit regarding the vaccines.  I figure it will differ from state to state according to whatever laws are on their books.  The only thing for certain is that lawyers are going to pocket a bunch of money no matter who wins.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, AuEagle said:

I'll talk about it.....

Exactly. India treated something like half a billion of their poorest and lowest caste citizens succesfully (recall the delta variant was the Indian variant scaremongering us this Spring). Was shown in the very begining to have attenuating effects, and immediately crushed in all media outlets, Drs threatened with having their licenses pulled for off-label scripting (of something you can buy at TSC). Both drugs presented viable alternatives which threatened the requirements of the Emergency Use Authorizations, ergo verbotten!

If only generic drug manufacturers made massive campaign contributions...

Joe Rogan better watch his step.

This whole vaccination thing is strange to me. I have never been one that was afraid of needles or vaccines. Usually, when a needle was stuck in me, there wasn't really much choice. Get the shot, get better, or not do so & suffer the consequences.

Reminds me of my Army days, where in basic training, we were told to line up & go thru the gauntlet of medics on each side with the spray paint gun type injection apparatus. Roll up your shirt sleeve & get hit on both sides at the same time. No option. Never saw anyone raise their hand to opt out.

Again, when we were preparing to leave for Vietnam, more of the same. No choices. Then there were the Malaria pills.

I have no idea what was in these vaccines, never gave it a thought.

Thing was, I never contracted any of the numerous diseases to be had. I also used the dreaded iodine tablets in my canteen. Tasted like crap, but you lived with it.

I've never suffered any ill effects from any of it.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

Time to dust off my old tin foil hat, and get my black helicopter out of the barn.

Dang, we have been looking for that one.  

3 hours ago, mikegideon said:

If you really wanted one they can be had in most areas with all those that rode the stimulus and unemployment check wave. 

-------------------

Well, seems the Army at least has softened it's stance a bit, at least for us contractors.  Sent us the memo today, seems all we have to do is a fill out a newly created DA form, check whether we have been poked or not, or chose not to answer and we will be considered "unvaxed" so have to be tested weekly, on their dime.  

2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I'm very confused by the fact that the same group of people that don't trust a vaccine will take a dewormimg medicine..

Just because one of its uses is deworming does not mean that is its only use. Have you ever taken Benadryl for allergies? How about sleeping pills? Check the active ingredient - many sleeping pills have the same active ingredient as Benadryl... 

Ivermectin is a medicine that's been around since 1975 (plenty of time to see side effects) whereas this shot has been around for less than a year. Ivermectin has been prescribed by many, many, many doctors globally and has been observed to be effective at treating the symptoms of COVID19. What people are concerned about is the fact that the vaccine is being mandated for clear political reasons. 

I hope that clears up your confusion. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I'm very confused by the fact that the same group of people that don't trust a vaccine will take a dewormimg medicine..

Because our government, the media, and everybody else is playing politics with this disease. Our media likes to call it horse dewormer, which is available at Walgreens, CVS, and WALMART. All my horses shop there. Some folks have concerns about the vaccines. A lot of medical folks have concerns. Hell, we took the J&J shot because Mika's doctor had concerns about the Phizer and Moderna.

There are tons and tons of bull#### wrapped around this whole disease. If one politician mentions a drug, it gets banned by his opponents. And the real truth is way above all of our pay grades. Wormer...

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1122/ivermectin-oral/details

and the Nobel Peace Prize... like Obama 🤮

https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/medicine/2015/press-release/

• Like 6