SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

I agree with you about using numbers to manipulate. Whats the old saw? Lies, damned lies, and gubermint statistics? That being said, even with your additional kung-fu, it refutes the need for mandatory vaxing, as it does not appear to offer much if any benefit to the bulk of the population. 

Thats BEFORE you open up any of the other cans 'o worms that come with this debate. 

If it works, why do I need to take it?

If it doesn't work, why do I need to take it.

Edited by ReeferMac
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, ReeferMac said:

I agree with you about using numbers to manipulate. Whats the old saw? Lies, damned lies, and gubermint statistics? That being said, even with your additional kung-fu, it refutes the need for mandatory vaxing, as it does not appear to offer much if any benefit to the bulk of the population. 

Thats BEFORE you open up any of the other cans 'o worms that come with this debate. 

What if addition Kung-fu (or in this case, an extra column on your excel spreadsheet that you posted) showed that vaccinated people were 10x less likely to die? I pulled that number out of nowhere, but if the data showed that would that change anything?

6 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

What if addition Kung-fu (or in this case, an extra column on your excel spreadsheet that you posted) showed that vaccinated people were 10x less likely to die? I pulled that number out of nowhere, but if the data showed that would that change anything?

No. 

The choice to get/not get by me, does not affect you, and vice versa.

You want it, get it.

You want to force me to get it, you got a fight on your hands. The standard arguments around mandatory vaccination standards are so far out the window on this one... the VAERS data alone should stfu about the entire debate. 

Edited by ReeferMac
  • Like 5
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

No. 

The choice to get/not get by me, does not affect you, and vice versa.

You want it, get it.

You want to force me to get it, you got a fight on your hands. The standard arguments around mandatory vaccination standards are so far out the window on this one... the VAERS data alone should stfu about the entire debate. 

I don’t support anyone that does not want it to be forced to get it. This extends all the way to being against “creating a 2nd class citizen” too. I just want to ask the right questions when it comes to data. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, alleycat72 said:

I wonder how many people will get shot s over this.

That’ll be interesting to see. Many of the go along to get along crowd have already taken the jab. On the other hand, many who talk big will cower once their lively hood has been threatened.

I was seriously considering getting it until this. Telling me I’m going to do something is the best way to keep me from doing it.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

That’ll be interesting to see. Many of the go along to get along crowd have already taken the jab. On the other hand, many who talk big will cower once their lively hood has been threatened.

I was seriously considering getting it until this. Telling me I’m going to do something is the best way to keep me from doing it.

You might want to get it to stay alive. Piss on Beady Eyed Joe. He'll get his, sooner rather than later.

• Like 4
  • Moderators
Just now, gregintenn said:

I’m not sure that was called for. There are a bunch of good folks on this forum.

It wasn’t called for, and he won’t be doing it again, or anything else here for that matter. 

I will tolerate a lot of mess that I probably shouldn’t in trying to give folks the opportunity to act right. 

Wholesale denigration of the folks here by someone with almost no post history? Nah, bruh. I ain’t having that. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
30 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

It wasn’t called for, and he won’t be doing it again, or anything else here for that matter. 

I will tolerate a lot of mess that I probably shouldn’t in trying to give folks the opportunity to act right. 

Wholesale denigration of the folks here by someone with almost no post history? Nah, bruh. I ain’t having that. 

There he is 🙂 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Omega said:

Sometimes I wonder:

maxresdefault.jpg

I do surely wonder at times...either Joe is the absloute best actor in the world; or this is exactly the case as in above. 

I really do not think the man has a clue about what's going on around him. Just too darn bizarre most of the time. Only really gets animated when he's angry, and that doesn't go well towards making me think he's Presidental material. Let alone qualified to be President or just a shill.

My wife thinks Barack is pulling all the strings on the Joe marionette. Sometimes I agree. I sure hope not.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, hipower said:

I do surely wonder at times...either Joe is the absloute best actor in the world; or this is exactly the case as in above. 

I really do not think the man has a clue about what's going on around him. Just too darn bizarre most of the time. Only really gets animated when he's angry, and that doesn't go well towards making me think he's Presidental material. Let alone qualified to be President or just a shill.

My wife thinks Barack is pulling all the strings on the Joe marionette. Sometimes I agree. I sure hope not.

Your wife is correct 

• Like 1
On 9/9/2021 at 8:33 PM, gregintenn said:

Telling me I’m going to do something is the best way to keep me from doing it.

Unfortunately, I have a bit of that in me too. Nothing causes me to dig in my heels harder than being told I must or cannot do a thing. I don't much care for AR-style rifles, but as soon as the government started talking about banning them.... 

This nation was founded on INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS. Those have been eroded for over a century now and I'm frightened for future generations when I see how readily people accept federal government powers that are nowhere to be found in the Constitution.

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 4
  • Administrator
On 9/8/2021 at 6:55 PM, Erik88 said:

I'm very confused by the fact that the same group of people that don't trust a vaccine will take a dewormimg medicine..

First, calling it a "deworming medicine" is disingenuous and trite.  As others have pointed out, Ivermectin has a variety of applications and is has been prescribed to humans for a long while now.  You are calling it that because the media has saturated your brain with the term and because it's derogatory and makes you feel smarter than those fools who pop horse pills.

Second, people are choosing alternative approaches to dealing with COVID-19 because there is no Off Switch or Undo Button for the mRNA vaccines.  You might be OK being part of a test group for experimental vaccines and rolling the dice that you won't regret it immensely in the future, but other people aren't. 

Some of those people have been alive 2-3x longer than you have, and experientially understand that scientists have been known to #### up a time or two.  Don't be so quick to dismiss them as being naive.

On 9/9/2021 at 7:27 AM, Erik88 said:

But people are taking the HORSE version too and getting very sick. I realize Ivermectin is prescribed by a doctor but I can't help but laugh at all this. Folks have made up their mind the vaccine is dangerous but will then overdoes themselves on a horse dewormer. Brilliant. 

People took the chance and tried to cling to sides of aircraft fleeing Kabul, Afghanistan just a few weeks ago.  They did it because the alternative looked far worse to them.

Honestly, your youthful smugness and condescension toward others reminds me of my oldest son.  He's arrogant and an ass.  I think both of you will end up regretting some of your positions on issues later in life after you've had a few more miles under your belt and start seeing through the propaganda and bull####.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
22 minutes ago, TGO David said:

First, calling it a "deworming medicine" is disingenuous and trite.  As others have pointed out, Ivermectin has a variety of applications and is has been prescribed to humans for a long while now.

Bull####. That is the primary use for the drug. I never said it didn't have other applications or uses. Even the manufacturer defines it as such. If anything I should have called it anti-parasitic.

Ivermectin is approved in the United States under the brand name STROMECTOL. STROMECTOL is indicated for the treatment of intestinal (i.e., nondisseminated) strongyloidiasis due to the nematode parasite Strongyloides stercoralis and for the treatment of onchocerciasis due to the nematode parasite Onchocerca volvulus.

makes you feel smarter than those fools who pop horse pills.

You're right. I am smart enough to not take a deworming medicine made for horses. I have no issue with people taking ivermectin prescribed by their doctor as I mentioned in a later post. 

Honestly, your youthful smugness and condescension toward others reminds me of my oldest son.  He's arrogant and an ass.  I think both of you will end up regretting some of your positions on issues later in life after you've had a few more miles under your belt and start seeing through the propaganda and bull####.

I have regrets, just like everyone else. I guess you were perfect in your youth? 

BTW, are we really going to do this every 12-18 months? Thats your schedule for getting angry at me out of nowhere.

Edited by Erik88