SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Only time I wear a mask is when the medical offices force me. I can dodge a spewing Walmart shopper.

#metoo, worn a mask 5 times in a year & a half, all at the Dr. & then it's around my chin.馃ぃ

Interesting thing, I ask the Dr's & nurses their opinion on the masks, every response is/was, "we're following the cdc guidelines." No mention that they're a deterrent.

Follow the $$$.

Edited by AuEagle
  • Like 1
On 9/11/2021 at 2:30 PM, Oh Shoot said:

Sept 1-7 = 286 deaths.

That's the highest weekly count since 2nd week of Feb. Includes 85 deaths on the 7th, the highest single day count since then also.

- OS

Sept 1-7聽聽聽 286
Sept 8-14 聽 421聽 (13th was 128, highest day since 2/5/21)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I haven't been following this thread or any of the Covid stuff for a while now. I'm just tired and fed up with all the opposing arguments and tons of opinions and "proof" of this or that. It really disturbs me that a world wide health crisis has devolved into a heaping, huge pile of political bull####!聽馃挬

I've had enough. I'm gonna speak my mind .聽

聽For every "scientist" who makes a claim, there's another equally "qualified" "scientist" who claims the exact opposite. And to all those folks who "did their own research" I say Bull####! You already made up your mind and went searching聽 for "proof" to support the opinion you already had.聽馃が

And then there are those who oppose the vaccine, social distancing or wearing a mask on the grounds of "Freedom". Admit it, you're just a stubborn聽 three year old who doesn't like being told what to do.聽 Especially when you don't like the political party that's telling you to do it.聽 WAKE UP DICKHEAD!聽 It ain't about freedom, its about staying alive!聽 Many of you are stubborning yourselves to death!

Undisputed facts:

1.The Coronavirus is real AND it can be deadly.

2. There are approved vaccines available that at the very least have shown to lessen the effects of the virus.

3. Hospitals are overrun with Covid patients who are dying in record numbers AND the vast majority of these people are un-vaccinated.聽

4. The average American is a hard headed idiot!聽

One more thing,聽 a large portion of the dead are Republicans/ Conservatives who didn't get vaccinated for political reasons. At this rate so many of us will die that the liberals won't need to cheat in the next election. Believe it or not, the future of our nation is at stake here.聽

I did take the vaccine. I do wear a mask and social distance. I am being a responsible adult.聽 if you don't and end up dying, don't expect any pity from me.聽 That's my opinion and if you don't like it, tuff ####!聽聽馃挬

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I haven't been following this thread or any of the Covid stuff for a while now. I'm just tired and fed up with all the opposing arguments and tons of opinions and "proof" of this or that. It really disturbs me that a world wide health crisis has devolved into a heaping, huge pile of political bull####!聽馃挬

I've had enough. I'm gonna speak my mind .聽

聽For every "scientist" who makes a claim, there's another equally "qualified" "scientist" who claims the exact opposite. And to all those folks who "did their own research" I say Bull####! You already made up your mind and went searching聽 for "proof" to support the opinion you already had.聽馃が

And then there are those who oppose the vaccine, social distancing or wearing a mask on the grounds of "Freedom". Admit it, you're just a stubborn聽 three year old who doesn't like being told what to do.聽 Especially when you don't like the political party that's telling you to do it.聽 WAKE UP DICKHEAD!聽 It ain't about freedom, its about staying alive!聽 Many of you are stubborning yourselves to death!

Undisputed facts:

1.The Coronavirus is real AND it can be deadly.

2. There are approved vaccines available that at the very least have shown to lessen the effects of the virus.

3. Hospitals are overrun with Covid patients who are dying in record numbers AND the vast majority of these people are un-vaccinated.聽

4. The average American is a hard headed idiot!聽

One more thing,聽 a large portion of the dead are Republicans/ Conservatives who didn't get vaccinated for political reasons. At this rate so many of us will die that the liberals won't need to cheat in the next election. Believe it or not, the future of our nation is at stake here.聽

I did take the vaccine. I do wear a mask and social distance. I am being a responsible adult.聽 if you don't and end up dying, don't expect any pity from me.聽 That's my opinion and if you don't like it, tuff ####!聽聽馃挬

So you are mad that people don鈥檛 do it your way. Wear that mask. Or better yet, two of them.聽

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Nope, you do whatever you want. I don't give a聽馃挬聽any more. Its the lack of common sense that pisses me off.聽

Are you mad at me for not agreeing with you?聽 Case in point.聽馃檮

Lots of lack of common sense. I don鈥檛 blindly follow the CDC because they lie a lot, almost as much as their boss. But, I鈥檓 not gonna die, and won鈥檛 make anyone else sick. I鈥檓 mad at my friends for dying because they refused the vaccine. Senseless loss.聽

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Nope, you do whatever you want. I don't give a聽馃挬聽any more. Its the lack of common sense that pisses me off.聽

Are you mad at me for not agreeing with you?聽 Case in point.聽馃檮

You seem a bit touchy about it for a man who doesn鈥檛 care.

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Nah, just reached my limit and needed to blow off a little steam. I have a very low tolerance for stupid.聽馃槈

Speaking of stupid. From source many here trust.

Three doses of Covid-19 vaccine are likely needed for full protection, Fauci says - CNN

Got the third jab yet???

When does four or five become the magic number?

Edited by AuEagle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1
During a September 19 "Face the Nation" appearance, former FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb made some claims regarding the CDC guidelines that we all stand six feet apart to prevent the spread of COVID-19 via socia distancing.
"The six feet rule was arbitrary in and of itself," he told interviewer Margaret Brennan. "Nobody knows where it came from. Most people assume that the six feet of distance, the recommendation for keeping six feet apart, comes out of some old studies related to flu, where droplets don't travel more than six feet," he added.
Gottlieb, who published the "National Coronavirus Response: A Road Map to Reopening" with several other public health experts, a guide on how to manage the disease, also said the original recommendation was to keep people 10 feet apart, but that was shut down.
"The initial recommendation that the CDC brought to the White House ... was 10 feet, and a political appointee in the White House said we can't recommend 10 feet," he said. "Nobody can measure 10 feet, it's inoperable, society will shut down. So the compromise was around six feet," Gottlieb continued.
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

Well, regardless of the number of jabs agreed upon, I found this tidbit in the above article more interesting:

The research, published Friday in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Report, found hospitalizations and emergency room visits for children with Covid-19 increased from June to August. And in the two-week period in mid-to-late August, ER visits were 3.4 times higher in the states with the lowest vaccination rates while hospitalizations were 3.7 times higher than in states with the highest vaccination rates. The states with the lowest vaccination coverage were in the South.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, mikegideon said:
During a September 19 "Face the Nation" appearance, former FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb made some claims regarding the CDC guidelines that we all stand six feet apart to prevent the spread of COVID-19 via socia distancing.
"The six feet rule was arbitrary in and of itself," he told interviewer Margaret Brennan. "Nobody knows where it came from. Most people assume that the six feet of distance, the recommendation for keeping six feet apart, comes out of some old studies related to flu, where droplets don't travel more than six feet," he added.
Gottlieb, who published the "National Coronavirus Response: A Road Map to Reopening" with several other public health experts, a guide on how to manage the disease, also said the original recommendation was to keep people 10 feet apart, but that was shut down.
"The initial recommendation that the CDC brought to the White House ... was 10 feet, and a political appointee in the White House said we can't recommend 10 feet," he said. "Nobody can measure 10 feet, it's inoperable, society will shut down. So the compromise was around six feet," Gottlieb continued.

So your saying they just make chit up as they go along? Imagine that.

So far, we've been told to stay home for two weeks to flatten the curve, social distance, wear a mask, wear two masks, take a shot, take two shots, and a third shot. Who can say we are any better off regarding Covid than we were a year and a half ago?

Who is now willing to hop on one foot and rub their belly if told to do so?

Edited by gregintenn
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Got the third jab yet???

I took the Pfizer vaccine and currently they are saying those who took that don't need another shot. But if Pfizer should come out saying its needed, I will take it.聽

I saw on the news today that Pfizer is saying their vaccine is safe for 5-11 year olds. They would get 1/3 of the adult dose.聽

As I understand it, its the Moderna that may need a booster.聽

Edited by Grayfox54
14 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I took the Pfizer vaccine and currently they are saying those who took that don't need another shot. But if Pfizer should come out saying its needed, I will take it.聽

As I understand it, its the Moderna that may need a booster.聽

Good Luck, I hope you have no side effects.

• Like 1