SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

What do you call the guy who graduated dead last in medical school?   DOCTOR. 

There are good doctors and bad. There are those who truly care about their patients and those who only care about the money. Some who want to make a difference and some seek only fame and recognition. 

I've seen all of these at one time or another. I kept the good ones and dumped the bad ones. I have about 8 doctors who keep my old azz in this world. So far they've done a pretty good job of it seeing as how I've knocked on Heaven's door twice. I have complete faith in all of them.  I do what they suggest and make no apologizes. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

There are good doctors and bad. There are those who truly care about their patients and those who only care about the money. Some who want to make a difference and some seek only fame and recognition. 

I've seen all of these at one time or another. I kept the good ones and dumped the bad ones. I have about 8 doctors who keep my old azz in this world. So far they've done a pretty good job of it seeing as how I've knocked on Heaven's door twice. I have complete faith in all of them.  I do what they suggest and make no apologizes. 

You forgot to mention those that are either too lazy or too busy to keep up with current research.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I envy your faith in human beings. Honest I do.

• Like 1

I wonder how long it will take the FDA to pull this from their "Approved" list if it's proven to work  whistle.gif

A gout drug approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) could reportedly show promise in fighting the coronavirus.

According to a recent study from the University of Georgia (UGA) published in Nature's Scientific Reports, probenecid has potent antiviral properties that make the oral medication a prime candidate to combat not only SARS-CoV-2 infection but other common and deadly respiratory viruses.

The school noted that probenecid is primarily used to treat gout and has been on the market for more than 40 years, with minimal side effects to patients.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fda-approved-gout-drug-shows-promise-in-fighting-covid-19

45 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

If I knew this I’ve forgotten. At this time, that is a clear possibility.

I haven't practiced in over two decades, and I don't want to.

I know that there's a lot of confusing information put out there by both sides that's complicated by politicization thanks mostly to the left during Trump's last year in office. There are valid reasons for not getting the vaccine, and I wouldn't suggest otherwise. What annoys me is people posting information on this forum who's source is a so-called expert citing anecdotal cases as if they are derived by the scientific method. In the case of treating humans, the gold standard of the scientific method is the double-blind study. That means neither the administering party nor the recipient know whether they are getting a placebo or the real drug. Those studies take time, and unfortunately, the virus (the D variant), proves VERY contagious and seems to be killing younger people who aren't vaccinated because this was a disease killing old or disabled people. Unfortunately, anecdotal news reports of people falsely reporting COVID infections really invalidates CDC's mortality numbers. Any good physician weighs the risk versus the reward with EVERY patient before acting. Example: my disabled daughter did not get the vaccine because her neurologist did not know how it would affect her condition. Luckily, she survived her encounter with the D variant after a considerable stay in the hospital, but what if she hadn't? Not knowing the true mortality numbers complicates that decision. What we DO know is that the FDA has NEVER had a pool of vaccinated people this large with which to pull data. I would wager that the medicine cabinets of the people posting bull 💩 information on this forum are full of drugs who have had less of a test pool than the COVID vaccinations. The smaller test pools of the FDA explains why you get drugs that have been on the market for decades but then get pulled because serious issues come up. One example is Zantac.

It's true that we do not have any long-term studies of these vaccines, but they were derived by proven scientific methods. My heart hurts for Phil Valentine and his family because he made a bad risk assessment when he decided not to take the vaccine. I don't want people on this forum doing the same damned thing because they were listening to some alleged expert spewing anecdotal information to the world to see how many people they can fool.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

As serious as Covid is, it does provide some humorous moments......or news every once in a while.  icon-mrgreen.gif

Two men found with a car full of Kentucky Fried Chicken and around $70,000 in cash were arrested as they tried entering New Zealand's largest city, in violation of its tough COVID-19 lockdown measures.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/new-zealand-auckland-kfc

• Confused 1
11 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Not knowing the true mortality numbers complicates that decision.  .......listening to some alleged expert spewing anecdotal information to the world to see how many people they can fool.

I may cherry pick, but its these 2 incongruous statements that are the backbone of my objection...

The CDC is viewed as an "expert" with anything but anecdotal info, agreed?

Than why did they suggest last year that upwards of 96% of the tests were false positives? Why do they continue to use data/results from a test they themselves have invalidated? Why do they market mRNA gene therapy as a 'vaccine' when it confers neither immunity nor lasting protection? 

As a former zantac user (and prilosec, and...), I find it baffling that educated and intelligent people ignore a history of graft and corruption and blindly follow instructions from this gubermint agency despite evidence to the contrary, because (the talking head on the tee vee said) they're an "expert"?!

They have proven themselves beholden to the drug industry time and time again. Throughout these last 2 years they're a walking contradiction, and despite the fact they issue guidance 180 degrees from previous on a whim, people still listen.

Reminds me of folks that defend wife beaters. Yeah, THIS time its different.

We've ALWAYS been at war with EastAsia!!!!!

• Like 8

This is just my opinion. I truly believe that the people who got covid the first go around and the vaccinated people are relatively good to go. The issues are mainly with the people that have neither. They've got to weigh the potential side effects of the vaccine vs the potential outcome of getting the virus. I do not have the right to make that decision for anyone and neither does anyone on this site.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, ReeferMac said:

I may cherry pick, but its these 2 incongruous statements that are the backbone of my objection...

The CDC is viewed as an "expert" with anything but anecdotal info, agreed?

Than why did they suggest last year that upwards of 96% of the tests were false positives? Why do they continue to use data/results from a test they themselves have invalidated? Why do they market mRNA gene therapy as a 'vaccine' when it confers neither immunity nor lasting protection? 

As a former zantac user (and prilosec, and...), I find it baffling that educated and intelligent people ignore a history of graft and corruption and blindly follow instructions from this gubermint agency despite evidence to the contrary, because (the talking head on the tee vee said) they're an "expert"?!

They have proven themselves beholden to the drug industry time and time again. Throughout these last 2 years they're a walking contradiction, and despite the fact they issue guidance 180 degrees from previous on a whim, people still listen.

Reminds me of folks that defend wife beaters. Yeah, THIS time its different.

We've ALWAYS been at war with EastAsia!!!!!

Your paranoia has worn me out. I'm done. I've given my warning to others not to listen to crap like this.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Your paranoia has worn me out. I'm done. I've given my warning to others not to listen to crap like this.

Do these numbers check out?   I believe they do.

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The problem is that there is way too much information. And worse, there's way to much contradictory information. This all boils down to he said, she said. Everybody has "proof" of their opinion. But in the end,  it is just an opinion. Science can prove whatever you want it to. Its just a matter of what info you chose to believe. 

I have good doctors. I know them and they know me. I choose to go along with them. 

• Like 4

icon-mad.gif

The White House said it "strongly opposes" a provision in the 2022 defense spending bill that would block the Pentagon from dishonorably discharging a service member who refuses to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

Section 716 of the NDAA would prohibit service members who are discharged over vaccine refusal from receiving anything other than an honorable discharge, noting that "many Americans have reservations about taking a vaccine that has only been available for less than a year."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-opposes-ndaa-banning-dishonorable-discharge-covid-19-vaccine-refusal

1 hour ago, peejman said:

Cumulative or per week?

TN deaths for each week attributed to Covid by the TN Dept of Health. Not a running total (1160 so far this month).

Besides the average daily death rate I post for each month, I've kept the weekly totals since last Dec also -- both are stats not found elsewhere at a glance  that I was originally curious about.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Well. My brother just called. He tested positive for Covid, and thinks his wife may have it too. They're both unvaccinated. They are probably the healthiest people I know (except for a case of the Rona). They're headed to the doc now, hoping to get an infusion and knock it out.

Anyway, they are both low risk. Both several years younger than me, and BMI's in the 20's. She's a high school PE teacher and licensed chiropractor. He's a truck driver and recreational weight lifter. He unloaded my Browning gun safe by himself with an appliance dolly.

And yeah, I gave him some ####. I'm not too worried right now.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Man, prayers for that.  Hopefully they get the monoclonal antibodies with no delay. 

I figured you would be a good person to ask about this. Do you know why some people are having trouble getting these when they test positive while others aren't? Do they simply not have enough or are certain doctors just not prescribing them?