SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I figured you would be a good person to ask about this. Do you know why some people are having trouble getting these when they test positive while others aren't? Do they simply not have enough or are certain doctors just not prescribing them? 

I know you asked Mac, but there is a shortage of plasma in places. It's short around here.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
37 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I figured you would be a good person to ask about this. Do you know why some people are having trouble getting these when they test positive while others aren't? Do they simply not have enough or are certain doctors just not prescribing them? 

Mike is exactly right.  There’s an enormous shortage right now for several reasons - but mostly because we’re in the midst of a surge. 

The state’s policy is also unclear.  You’ve likely seen it reported this week that the state is trying to restrict access to people who are vaccinated but get breakthrough cases to try to reserve the supplies we do have for sicker, unvaccinated folks.

Ethics aside, that policy is causing a lot of confusion at the individual provider level.

But it’s mostly a supply chain issue.  We all thought it was the machines or zombies that were going to get us.  Turns out it’s supply chains. 

2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

The state’s policy is also unclear.  You’ve likely seen it reported this week that the state is trying to restrict access to people who are vaccinated but get breakthrough cases to try to reserve the supplies we do have for sicker, unvaccinated folks.

Ethics aside, that policy is causing a lot of confusion at the individual provider level.

Currently the official policy recommendation and getting coverage on national gnus. Just one coverage out of many for anyone who didn't already know:

https://tennesseelookout.com/2021/09/21/state-saving-monoclonal-antibodies-for-the-unvaccinated/

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Had a guy at work die of covid last night. I do not know his vaccine status, but I'll try and find out. That makes 8 out of 30ish thousand employees. My 10 year old daughter in getting a blood test to see if she needs a second blood transfusion so his status is not on the top of my list at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
54 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

Had a guy at work die of covid last night. I do not know his vaccine status, but I'll try and find out. That makes 8 out of 30ish thousand employees. My 10 year old daughter in getting a blood test to see if she needs a second blood transfusion so his status is not on the top of my list at the moment. 

Y’all will be in my prayers. Even when it’s something routine - it can still be really scary. 

• Moderators

I'm vaccinated and feeling great right now.

Unfortunately, my Wife can say the same for neither. Keep her in your prayers, if you don't mind. We are talking about the antibodies. She's young and healthy, we think she can easily fight it. One thing that stuck out to me is that while the antibodies treatment may make your short term suffering better, it may also limit your long term immunity/strength against COVID. It's a difficult decision, and that's assuming that the decision is even ours.

I can also unfortunately say that our 9-month old son has his first fever, ever. 100.6°F. Hes super sweet right now but you can tell he is confused and uncomfortable.

• Sad 5
  • Admin Team
16 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

Unfortunately, my Wife can say the same for neither. Keep her in your prayers, if you don't mind. We are talking about the antibodies. She's young and healthy, we think she can easily fight it. One thing that stuck out to me is that while the antibodies treatment may make your short term suffering better, it may also limit your long term immunity/strength against COVID. It's a difficult decision, and that's assuming that the decision is even ours.

I can also unfortunately say that our 9-month old son has his first fever, ever. 100.6°F. Hes super sweet right now but you can tell he is confused and uncomfortable.

Will do.  Let me know if y’all need anything. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

Praying for you and yours.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

WTN is reporting that President Dementia has pulled the supplky of monoclonal antibodies from red states of Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida, and Texas to redistribute to blue states. Gov. Desantis has gone straight to the suppliers to buy it directly.

President Dementia needs a beating. He should not even have that power.

12 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

WTN is reporting that President Dementia has pulled the supplky of monoclonal antibodies from red states of Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida, and Texas to redistribute to blue states. Gov. Desantis has gone straight to the suppliers to buy it directly.

To bad I can't cuss on here. This administration  are Nazi, Communist, anti constitution, butt wipes. Oh, I forgot his butt's been wiped.

16 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

If true, probably because TN wants to use the treatment for those who would rather get it than try to prevent getting it.

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Two days ago, at the threat of being fired, my wife got the second jab. She’s lying on the couch, pretty damned sick.

I still find it foolish for a healthy person to take something that makes them unhealthy.

Been wondering what y’all would do.

Sick from what?  The second dose?  Was there a problem after the 1st?

7 minutes ago, Garufa said:

my wife got the second jab. She’s lying on the couch, pretty damned sick.

I had no ill effects from the first shot of the Moderna vaccine, but the second made me pretty uncomfortable; chills, aching joints, etc. That lasted only about 18 hours though. Hope your wife is over it soon.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Been wondering what y’all would do.

Sick from what?  The second dose?  Was there a problem after the 1st?

She had no problem with the first one, and this could likely be a coincidence, but she’s on the couch coughing, headache, sore throat, can’t talk, etc. I won’t pretend to know it isn’t just allergies. Who knows? She was fine, took the second shot, and now is not. You tell me.

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Darrell said:

I had no ill effects from the first shot of the Moderna vaccine, but the second made me pretty uncomfortable; chills, aching joints, etc. That lasted only about 18 hours though. Hope your wife is over it soon.

I think she went through this yeaterday.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Two days ago, at the threat of being fired, my wife got the second jab. She’s lying on the couch, pretty damned sick.

I still find it foolish for a healthy person to take something that makes them unhealthy.

I can speak from experience. I personally would much rather have taken the Pfizer I and II (I did) than be in the state my Wife is in. She is fairing pretty well but for about two days now has felt horrible. 

Guess what. I had nearly zero side effects from the first shot (just a bruised shoulder) and mild to medium side effects from the second (for about 3-6 hours I had some cold chills and had an aching shoulder for about 24 hours). I was able to go about my normal day throughout that. My Wife is knocked down pretty good. 

I weighed my options and took the shots for the love of my family. I knew it would be hell if my Wife and I both had COVID at the same time while taking care of of our less than one year old. So far, I’m thankful I did. Now I can take care of them both. 

I do hope that there are not long term effects, I sincerely do. So far so good, depending on who you trust there shouldn’t be any. 

I am also insured…for my family. 

For what it’s worth, I feel 100% right now while my Wife and baby do not. Out of sincerity to others here, I will let you know if I fall ill. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Darrell said:

Huh?

Does this help?

https://www.google.com/search?q=tennessee+monoclonal+antibody+treatment&client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&prmd=nsixv&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwipjf3kr5bzAhWisDEKHdVZAyYQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=375&bih=553&dpr=2

In others words, the state wants to help those that refuse to get the vaccine, rather than those who actually care.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

I can speak from experience. I personally would much rather have taken the Pfizer I and II (I did) than be in the state my Wife is in. She is fairing pretty well but for about two days now has felt horrible. 

Guess what. I had nearly zero side effects from the first shot (just a bruised shoulder) and mild to medium side effects from the second (for about 3-6 hours I had some cold chills and had an aching shoulder for about 24 hours). I was able to go about my normal day throughout that. My Wife is knocked down pretty good. 

I weighed my options and took the shots for the love of my family. I knew it would be hell if my Wife and I both had COVID at the same time while taking care of of our less than one year old. So far, I’m thankful I did. Now I can take care of them both. 

I do hope that there are not long term effects, I sincerely do. So far so good, depending on who you trust there shouldn’t be any. 

I am also insured…for my family. 

For what it’s worth, I feel 100% right now while my Wife and baby do not. Out of sincerity to others here, I will let you know if I fall ill. 

Hope they get well fast, sir.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Garufa said:

You wouldn't think vaccinated folks would need it, roght?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I have talked to a bunch of folks that refused the vaccine. NONE because they didn’t care. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4