SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

They should be the only ones in need of it assuming the vaccine works. If it doesn’t, you’ve been scammed. I believe, like in court, intent should not be considered. 

I refuse to believe you actually think this. No one has said the vaccine is 100% effective. Some people will get the vaccine and still get sick with covid. Something like 95% of those hospitalized with covid didn't get the vaccine. Everything else is just bull#### like most of this thread. 

31 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

what Erik calls horse wormer).

Especially this. Glad he got it from a doctor and not Tractor Supply. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

Ever heard of a term such as mens rea?

I have not, but shall google it.

O.k. I did. I do not subscribe to that belief. I especially think”hate crimes”  are a load of crap. I’m of the opinion that everyone should be treated equally.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I refuse to believe you actually think this. No one has said the vaccine is 100% effective. Some people will get the vaccine and still get sick with covid. Something like 95% of those hospitalized with covid didn't get the vaccine. Everything else is just bull#### like most of this thread. 

Especially this. Glad he got it from a doctor and not Tractor Supply. 

I surely do think just that.

• Like 1

I am starting to believe a complete failure of the power grid may be a good thing for this country.  It would suck, but at least we wouldn't have to have everyone telling everyone else how they need to live their life.

On a side note, I am flabbergasted that no one has managed to convince those that disagree with them that they are right.  Who would have thunk it.  Keep at it guys, I have faith someone will break the barrier soon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thanks 1
On 9/20/2021 at 9:59 AM, AuEagle said:

Speaking of stupid. From source many here trust.

Three doses of Covid-19 vaccine are likely needed for full protection, Fauci says - CNN

Got the third jab yet???

When does four or five become the magic number?

I have a voucher for my 20th flu shot seeing as I have been in the service for 20 years as of a few days ago.  Ill keep getting them for the next 14 years or so for sure and probably after that.  If covid is here to stay and it ends up being a yearly thing Ill get that shot too.  Please dont get it though.  Ive heard enough from you.

• Haha 1
On 9/21/2021 at 8:53 AM, Darrell said:

I've had nothing but good, positive experiences with the VA. One thing I find is that their doctors are generally younger, fresh out of school and getting clinical experience before moving on to a more lucrative career. There may be some negatives in that, but the big benefit is that they've been more recently exposed to the newest information. I never hesitate to use VA medical services.

the ones I saw in the OIF / OEF clinic were not young.  They were also not around for very long either.  I had a new doc every third visit.

On 9/21/2021 at 3:31 PM, Grayfox54 said:

What do you call the guy who graduated dead last in medical school?   DOCTOR. 

There are good doctors and bad. There are those who truly care about their patients and those who only care about the money. Some who want to make a difference and some seek only fame and recognition. 

I've seen all of these at one time or another. I kept the good ones and dumped the bad ones. I have about 8 doctors who keep my old azz in this world. So far they've done a pretty good job of it seeing as how I've knocked on Heaven's door twice. I have complete faith in all of them.  I do what they suggest and make no apologizes. 

I know a guy in the last unit I worked at before my move to TX.  He was on his third medical school.  He failed out in the states.  Went to the Caribbean and failed out there.  Finally graduated from a medical school in Poland.  I think it was right as covid hit hard the first time and they just graduated his class to get them into hospitals.  I would never go to him for medical advice let alone treatment.

15 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

icon-mad.gif

The White House said it "strongly opposes" a provision in the 2022 defense spending bill that would block the Pentagon from dishonorably discharging a service member who refuses to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

Section 716 of the NDAA would prohibit service members who are discharged over vaccine refusal from receiving anything other than an honorable discharge, noting that "many Americans have reservations about taking a vaccine that has only been available for less than a year."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-opposes-ndaa-banning-dishonorable-discharge-covid-19-vaccine-refusal

#### that amendment.  Failure to follow orders leads to break down of good order and discipline.

• Thanks 1
On 9/22/2021 at 4:21 AM, ReeferMac said:

I may cherry pick, but its these 2 incongruous statements that are the backbone of my objection...

The CDC is viewed as an "expert" with anything but anecdotal info, agreed?

Than why did they suggest last year that upwards of 96% of the tests were false positives? Why do they continue to use data/results from a test they themselves have invalidated? Why do they market mRNA gene therapy as a 'vaccine' when it confers neither immunity nor lasting protection? 

As a former zantac user (and prilosec, and...), I find it baffling that educated and intelligent people ignore a history of graft and corruption and blindly follow instructions from this gubermint agency despite evidence to the contrary, because (the talking head on the tee vee said) they're an "expert"?!

They have proven themselves beholden to the drug industry time and time again. Throughout these last 2 years they're a walking contradiction, and despite the fact they issue guidance 180 degrees from previous on a whim, people still listen.

Reminds me of folks that defend wife beaters. Yeah, THIS time its different.

We've ALWAYS been at war with EastAsia!!!!!

Where are sources for all of these definitive statements>?

On 9/22/2021 at 11:36 AM, Omega said:

Do these numbers check out?   I believe they do.

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

Who is this woman?  Where is she presenting her information?  Where has it been reviewed?  She clearly states she is no longer in the military.  

10 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Mike is exactly right.  There’s an enormous shortage right now for several reasons - but mostly because we’re in the midst of a surge. 

The state’s policy is also unclear.  You’ve likely seen it reported this week that the state is trying to restrict access to people who are vaccinated but get breakthrough cases to try to reserve the supplies we do have for sicker, unvaccinated folks.

Ethics aside, that policy is causing a lot of confusion at the individual provider level.

But it’s mostly a supply chain issue.  We all thought it was the machines or zombies that were going to get us.  Turns out it’s supply chains. 

As General Omar Bradley famously said: “Amateurs talk strategy. Professionals talk logistics.” as the quote goes.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Two days ago, at the threat of being fired, my wife got the second jab. She’s lying on the couch, pretty damned sick.

I still find it foolish for a healthy person to take something that makes them unhealthy.

I got sick about 12 hours after taking my second shot.  Felt bad for about 36 hours.  Day after tomorrow she will be fine.

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

I got sick about 12 hours after taking my second shot.  Felt bad for about 36 hours.  Day after tomorrow she will be fine.

Maybe, maybe not.  People I know who have gotten the shot have had reactions ranging from "I had a sore shoulder" to "the first shot was nothing, the second one made me sick" to "the first one made me sick, the second one was a barn burner."  A local radio guy ended up in the hospital with myocarditis.  It does seem like the shot marketers who claim you can expect only a sore arm are increasingly wrong (at least from my unscientific sample).  I heard a professor of something or nother from Johns Hopkins say that it would make more sense to spread the shots out three or four months because it would potentially reduce side effects if an individual got their ass beat after the first one and to increase the longevity of protection.  It was only his opinion, but it makes more sense than anything else I've heard lately.