SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

The latest from the conspiracy theory world. I guess Nolte will be fired soon. 

"With the death count rising, at least a few Republicans appear to be worried about what their party and its allies have sown.

In an article this month for Breitbart, the right-wing website formerly run by Steve Bannon, John Nolte argued that the partisan gap in vaccination rates was part of a liberal plot. Liberals like Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Anthony Fauci and Howard Stern have tried so hard to persuade people to get vaccinated, because they know that Republican voters will do the opposite of whatever they say, Nolte wrote.

His argument is certainly bizarre, given that Democratic politicians have been imploring all Americans to get vaccinated and many Republican politicians have not. But Nolte did offer a glimpse at a creeping political fear among some Republicans. “Right now, a countless number of Trump supporters believe they are owning the left by refusing to take a lifesaving vaccine,” Nolte wrote. “In a country where elections are decided on razor-thin margins, does it not benefit one side if their opponents simply drop dead?”

No link-this was in a daily news email I get.

Edited by Erik88
  • Confused 1
26 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

a countless number of Trump supporters believe they are owning the left by refusing to take a lifesaving vaccine

Curious logic, since Donald Trump has encouraged people to be vaccinated and directed the creation of "operation warp speed" to hurry the production of the vaccine while he was still president. I'm sick to death of this horrible kind of politics. Both candidate Biden and candidate Harris expressed distrust of the "Trump vaccine" while they were campaigning, and now they are mandating it for federal employees. I just read that some BLM leaders are claiming that vax passports are racist. Politics are warped beyond all belief!!!!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Darrell said:

since Donald Trump has encouraged people to be vaccinated

Obviously he is part of the bigger conspiracy. We have no proof he's actually been vaccinated. There is a growing suspicion that Trump actually died from Covid last year and the man we're seeing is a body-double. 

• Haha 5
11 hours ago, 45guy said:

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/masks-dont-work-covid-a-review-of-science-relevant-to-covide-19-social-policy

I guess you can make studies show whatever you want them to.  You think they help go for it.  

I tend to give more credence on studies done before 2019 than any conducted since, due to all the governmental/political BS that has infiltrated such studies.  

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Erik88 said:

The latest from the conspiracy theory world. I guess Nolte will be fired soon. 

"With the death count rising, at least a few Republicans appear to be worried about what their party and its allies have sown.

In an article this month for Breitbart, the right-wing website formerly run by Steve Bannon, John Nolte argued that the partisan gap in vaccination rates was part of a liberal plot. Liberals like Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Anthony Fauci and Howard Stern have tried so hard to persuade people to get vaccinated, because they know that Republican voters will do the opposite of whatever they say, Nolte wrote.

His argument is certainly bizarre, given that Democratic politicians have been imploring all Americans to get vaccinated and many Republican politicians have not. But Nolte did offer a glimpse at a creeping political fear among some Republicans. “Right now, a countless number of Trump supporters believe they are owning the left by refusing to take a lifesaving vaccine,” Nolte wrote. “In a country where elections are decided on razor-thin margins, does it not benefit one side if their opponents simply drop dead?”

No link-this was in a daily news email I get.

Were I a Democrat strategist and believed this crap, I'd stand back, shut up, and let it happen. Sure would make the next election easier.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Darrell said:

Curious logic, since Donald Trump has encouraged people to be vaccinated and directed the creation of "operation warp speed" to hurry the production of the vaccine while he was still president. I'm sick to death of this horrible kind of politics. Both candidate Biden and candidate Harris expressed distrust of the "Trump vaccine" while they were campaigning, and now they are mandating it for federal employees. I just read that some BLM leaders are claiming that vax passports are racist. Politics are warped beyond all belief!!!!

Yeah, President Trump got the vaccine ball rolling, and then the Libs didn't want it. Now they're pushing it like a Yugo. Sound odd?

Edited by Quavodus
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, Darrell said:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-refuse-trump-vaccine/

'Rating - False

Context

Harris did not refuse to take the vaccine, nor did she discourage others from taking it, but she said she did not trust then-U.S. President Donald Trump’s vaccine rollout policy or his statements about COVID-19. She said she would listen to medical experts such as Dr. Anthony Fauci, but would not take Trump’s word for it.'

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jul/23/tiktok-posts/biden-harris-doubted-trump-covid-19-vaccines-not-v/

Biden, Harris distrusted Trump with COVID-19 vaccines, not the vaccines themselves

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT

• Video clips appear to show Joe Biden and Kamala Harris raising doubts about COVID-19 vaccines, but they were raising concerns about the rollout by then-President Donald Trump, not the vaccines themselves.

President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris have been pushing Americans to get inoculated against COVID-19. But a video on social media suggests that they actually had reservations about the safety of the vaccines.

"Keep doubting, They actually said this, it’s not editing," says the heading on the video, which contains clips of statements made by Biden and Harris appearing to cast doubt on the vaccine while they were campaigning last year. 

In fact, the clips are selectively edited to take the statements out of context. The parts that are left out make clear that Biden and Harris were raising questions not about the vaccines themselves, but about then-President Donald Trump’s rollout of the vaccines and the risk that the effort would become rushed or politicized.

The TikTok video was posted on TikTok on May 11 and we found it was still being widely shared on Facebook in mid-July, more than a month after it was reposted there. 

A June 15 Facebook post showing the video was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

Trump was publicly touting the promise of a rapidly developed COVID-19 vaccine as early as March 2020, when fears of a global pandemic were just beginning to flare, and said he was urging researchers working on the vaccine to "speed it up." Scientists and drug makers, meanwhile, were urging more caution on the timeline and said they were emphasizing safety and effectiveness over speed.

Here’s a rundown of the Biden and Harris statements cited in the video. The video included only the parts that are in bold, but we’ve provided the fuller context around them.

Harris’ statements

Harris was asked in a Sept. 6, 2020, interview whether she would take a vaccine if it was approved before the election. She replied:

"Well, I think that's going to be an issue for all of us. I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump. And it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he's talking about. I will not take his word for it. He wants us to inject bleach. I — no, I will not take his word."

Harris was asked in an Oct. 7, 2020, vice presidential debate if she would take a vaccine if the Trump administration approved one. Referring to the leading government epidemiologist Dr. Anthony Fauci, she said:

"If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it."

Biden’s statements

Biden’s statements on the campaign trail show that he was concerned that politics would influence the development and deployment of the vaccine, and that Trump could not be trusted. 

In an interview for a journalism conference Aug. 6, 2020, he said:

"The way he (Trump) talks about the vaccine is not particularly rational. He’s talking about it being ready, he’s going to talk about moving it quicker than the scientists think it should be moved … . People don’t believe that he’s telling the truth, therefore they’re not at all certain they’re going to take the vaccine. And one more thing: If and when the vaccine comes, it’s not likely to go through all the tests that need to be done, and the trials that are needed to be done."

In a Sept. 2, 2020 TV interview, Biden referred to political influence over two federal agencies leading the fight against the pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration. He said:

"Look at what’s happened. Enormous pressure put on the CDC not to put out the detailed guidelines. The enormous pressure being put on the FDA to say they’re going, that the following protocol will in fact reduce, it will have a giant impact on COVID. All these things turn out not to be true, and when a president continues to mislead and lie, when we finally do, God willing, get a vaccine, who’s going to take the shot? Who’s going to take the shot? You going to be the first one to say, ‘Put me — sign me up, they now say it’s OK’? I’m not being facetious."

In a July 28, 2020 campaign speech, Biden stressed the need for transparency in developing the vaccine. He said:

"How are you going to distribute the vaccine when it arrives, when it arrives, when it’s there? And the question of whether it’s real, when it’s there, that requires enormous transparency. You’ve got to make all of it available to other experts across the nation, so they can look and see, so there’s consensus this is a safe vaccine. Because already you have, what percent is American people saying if the vaccine were there tomorrow, they wouldn’t take it? And it’s not the usual anti-vaccine crowd. It’s beyond that because people are losing faith in what the president says. Think about it." 

In campaign remarks on Sept. 7, 2020, Biden outlined steps he would take to address the pandemic, including masks and contact tracing, adding: 

"Charting a clear path of science-based vaccines, free from politics. I get asked the question: ‘If the president announced tomorrow we have a vaccine, would you take it?’ Only if it was completely transparent, that other experts in the country could look at it, only if we knew all of what went into it. Because so far, nothing he’s told us has been true."

The following week, Biden restated his concern about politics intervening in vaccine development:

"Americans have had to endure President Trump’s incompetence and dishonesty, when it comes to testing and personal protective equipment. We can’t afford to repeat those fiascos when it comes to a vaccine. … Let me be clear: I trust vaccines, I trust scientists, but I don’t trust Donald Trump, and at this moment, the American people can’t either. Last week, Senator Harris and I laid out three questions this administration’s going to have to answer to assure the American people that politics will not play a role whatsoever in the vaccine process. If Donald Trump can’t give answers and the administration can’t give answers to these three questions, the American people should not have confidence."

Our ruling

A video on social media suggests that Biden and Harris distrusted COVID-19 vaccines.

The video was selectively edited to leave out the context of their statements. Their full statements show they were raising doubts about Trump’s trustworthiness, his ability to roll out the vaccines safely and the risk of political influence over vaccine development. 

We rate the video False.

Edited by Daniel
  • Haha 5

Well the company I work for just mandated get the vaccine by 10/1 or continue wearing a mask and do a weekly CV test to show your negative to protect the other workers.

My wife is pretty much a anti vac'er, I'm kind of on the fence, I had a physical recently my doc suggested to me to get the moderna (because he got it) but stopped and said if you don't do vitamins at least, I've done neither. BTW: I'm defently no role model per the CDC for health BUT the only lost days of work since 1982 was only due to food poison, never had the flu either.

what would you do?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Well the company I work for just mandated get the vaccine by 10/1 or continue wearing a mask and do a weekly CV test to show your negative to protect the other workers.

My wife is pretty much a anti vac'er, I'm kind of on the fence, I had a physical recently my doc suggested to me to get the moderna (because he got it) but stopped and said if you don't do vitamins at least, I've done neither. BTW: I'm defently no role model per the CDC for health BUT the only lost days of work since 1982 was only due to food poison, never had the flu either.

what would you do?

Do whatever you want. 👍

• Admin Team
3 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

what would you do?

Do you have someone you trust you can talk to about it?

I have two people who I literally trust my life to. They both told me the same thing your doctor did.  “Moderna if you have a choice, whatever you can get if you don’t. Don’t give it another thought cycle.”

I got it within 24 hours of it being available to me. I’m quite low risk - but I deal with risk for a living.  It has contributed to killing one out of every 500 people in America at this point.  I’ve got people I need to take care of.

You can walk into any Publix in the state and get the first Moderna shot in the time it takes to get a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk.

Feel free to PM if you’ve got questions.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/27/2021 at 6:25 AM, Erik88 said:

“In a country where elections are decided on razor-thin margins, does it not benefit one side if their opponents simply drop dead?”

This has been one of my concerns for a while now. The vaccination question is pretty much split along party lines. Liberals take it willingly and without question. Conservatives, for the most part, are the ones fighting it for a variety of reasons. I fear that this will be a deciding factor in the next election.  It ain't looking very good for conservatives. 

2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Liberals take it willingly and without question. Conservatives, for the most part, are the ones fighting it for a variety of reasons.

Hispanic and African-Americans are traditional Dem voters and have some of the lowest vaccination rates. It's not just Conservatives saying "no".

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

Hispanic and African-Americans are traditional Dem voters and have some of the lowest vaccination rates. It's not just Conservatives saying "no".

Looking back at history, I find it hard to blame them for being skeptical of government medical tests. No idea why they insist on voting against their own best interests.

21 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

what would you do?

If you're obese or even close to it, get the shot. If you decide not to get the shot, then at least take 10,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily along with supplemental zinc, magnesium, and take melatonin at bedtime. It takes about 8 months for vitamin D to plateau in your body after you start taking it so don't delay.

I'm still in the wait and see camp and I plan to be until at least April, 2022, but I'm retired and can avoid people.

Edited by jgradyc
fixed typo