SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

On 9/27/2021 at 7:05 AM, Erik88 said:

Obviously he is part of the bigger conspiracy. We have no proof he's actually been vaccinated. There is a growing suspicion that Trump actually died from Covid last year and the man we're seeing is a body-double. 

You mean like those who have been standing in for Biden?

• Like 1
On 9/27/2021 at 9:33 AM, Omega said:

I tend to give more credence on studies done before 2019 than any conducted since, due to all the governmental/political BS that has infiltrated such studies.  

You don't think such activities were not happening before 2019?

On 9/27/2021 at 6:37 PM, Johnny Rotten said:

Well the company I work for just mandated get the vaccine by 10/1 or continue wearing a mask and do a weekly CV test to show your negative to protect the other workers.

My wife is pretty much a anti vac'er, I'm kind of on the fence, I had a physical recently my doc suggested to me to get the moderna (because he got it) but stopped and said if you don't do vitamins at least, I've done neither. BTW: I'm defently no role model per the CDC for health BUT the only lost days of work since 1982 was only due to food poison, never had the flu either.

what would you do?

I hate that you are being put in that position from your employer. As I’ve stated in this and a couple other threads, I think that at this point the mandates are less about them caring about our health and more about them seeing who can be controlled. I personally am choosing not get the vaccine for now, and I hope that many more that are willing and able can also hold the line and resist this gross over reach of power. That being said I would never fault anyone for wanting to, and would not support anyone trying to guilt someone into getting or not getting the vaccine. It should be a personal choice based upon your individual situation. If you have a Dr that you trust for advice great.  I have become rather cynical in recent years, particularly in regards to “news” sources of any flavor. They are all biased in some form or fashion. I am not a Doctor but I am a medical professional, working primarily in the field with EMS. My wife is an RN that works at our local hospital and usually works at least one day per week on the COVID floor. Our observations are pretty different than what I see on any of the local or national news. We have observed that even the local health care systems have agendas, and at some level even some of the Doctors, Nurses, EMS providers have agendas, though often different from the hospital. The hospitals care about making money, period. Their big money makers are elective surgeries and common procedures that they can churn through and release the patients the same day. But some of the surgeries cannot be performed unless they have some available beds in case the patient has complications and has to stay overnight. If the beds are full of Covid patients it cuts into their profit from the money making procedures they normally perform. Which is why at the height of the hysteria last year hospitals were laying off staff left and right. Throughout the pandemic we have at times heard from the “news” that the hospitals are full….giving the impression that literally every bed is being taken by a COVID patient. While there have certainly been times of high COVID patient numbers, the bed capacity is more often dictated by the hospital staff or lack thereof. If a hospital has 200 beds, but only enough staff to care for 100 beds, they are saying they are full/at capacity when they fill those first 100 beds. For those that don’t know, most Doctors, particularly the ones in the Hospitals, get paid based upon the number of patients they see per day. Doctors in hospitals typically have specialties, many of which have nothing to do with what most COVID patients need.  I do think that some doctors actually do still care about people, but I also work with a lot of them that seem to care about money and their misplaced self importance more than anything. With this in mind it is not hard to figure out why many of them are motivated to push the vaccines so hard. When you look at the nurses, and most everyone else in patient care, they make the same amount of money in their shift whether they take care of 1 patient or 20. Unlike the Doctors and the administrative staff they are the least effected financially (unless they got laid off) but they are most effected by the staffing shortages resulting in normal patient:nurse ratios jumping from 4:1 to 4:6-4:8, resulting in a LOT more work for the nurses, and reduced quantity/quality of care for the patients. So for Nurses and EMS providers their agenda is typically related directly to their increased workload and how to get it to return to normal.

I realize this turned into a long ass post. I just wanted to give y’all a peek behind the curtain so to speak at some of the driving factors here locally, and more broadly at the national level.

I can tell you that from what my wife and I have personally observed so far throughout the pandemic….mind you this is from me interacting with patients in their homes and as needed taking them to the hospital, and her taking care of them in the hospital. The overwhelming majority of people who get COVID do not go to the hospital, or need anything beyond over the counter meds. But of the ones that do require care, the vast majority are either morbidly obese, respiratory compromised, diabetic, or have renal issues, and or heart issues. I can tell you that even at my age of 41, if I fell into any of those categories I would probably get the vaccine. It still might not save you, but it does appear to lessen the effects. I’ve only seen a few people under 50 with bad enough symptoms to need our help, and they were either morbidly obese or in one case a skinny hardcore smoker, and in another case a skinny hardcore vaper. I hope this information can be helpful for you guys, I don’t mean for it to do anything other than keep you informed. Do what is best for you and let your neighbor do what is best for him. This is the way.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Daniel said:

If the truth is irritant... yes.

You said my wife would be better in two days. It’s day 9 and she’s still sick. She was fine before the jab. I don’t think you know everything you think you know.

We all have opinions. We should he careful when trying to present them as facts or truth.

• Like 2
On 9/24/2021 at 4:52 PM, Links2k said:

I have no problem with this action. People want to exercise their freedom to go unvaccinated, then use up all the resources after they get sick. 

According to lib tv the states mentioned have some of the  largest numbers of unvaccinated citizens and cases of covid. 

I look at it from a preppers point of view. Would you allow this with your supplies?

People need to have choice. It's NOT about the ones that make the wrong choice, as much as those that have the ability to make the right choice. Joe Biden is, at best, a low IQ aluminum siding salesman. I have no doubt that he believes that he is smart enough to make everyone's choice for them. His entire crowd believes that of themselves. Problem is that they are in the wrong damn country to do it to folks that won't put up with it.

Now, when it comes to those unvaccinated ones that are sapping the resources of all our hospitals. They are a subset of the unvaccinated that probably made the WRONG choice. And wrong choices can have consequences.

The majority of the unvaccinated don't get sick at all, like my brother's daughter. Or, the ones like my brother and sister in law that got sick, but will get through it with some meds. FWIW, my brother believes that the Ivermectin probably did help him with his fever. He no longer believes he had it before though. Stuff is nasty beyond anything he has had before. He's about over it. They aren't harming anybody, and should be allowed to choose.

• Like 3
On 9/26/2021 at 9:25 AM, Erik88 said:

I didn't insult your brother. You're the one that felt the need to drag me back into the ivermectin debate. I already wrote I don't care if people get it prescribed. My issue was with the people who are overdosing on the animal version from T.S. I'm all for it now though. For years I've watched internet hard asses write about natural selection. We're witnessing it. The election was stolen, Wu-FLu is a hoax, Ivermectin made for livestock is safe. #### yeah! Let's do this! 

You are the one that uses CNN talking points. Sorry about that. People that are overdosing are not doing so because of quality. That's a quantity thing. They could easily be coming from the same factory.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mikegideon said:

People that are overdosing are not doing so because of quality.

Correct. That's what the word overdose implies. They took more than they should have because the dosage is set for livestock, not humans. 

But again, I retract my previous statements and now encourage the use of animal Ivermectin. Their body their choice. Let's tell Biden to shove those mandates up his ass and let people choose freedom!

freedom GIF

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Correct. That's what the word overdose implies. They took more than they should have because the dosage is set for livestock, not humans. 

But again, I retract my previous statements and now encourage the use of animal Ivermectin. Their body their choice. Let's tell Biden to shove those mandates up his ass and let people choose freedom!

freedom GIF

OK Fredo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We mustn't let both sides of an issue get out. icon-rolleyes-1.gif

YouTube is banning all content the platform says is spreading misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine.

The video-sharing platform gave examples of content falsely claiming the coronavirus vaccine is dangerous or causes chronic health issues; claims that the vaccine causes autism; claims that the vaccine does not reduce transmission of COVID-19; claims that the vaccine causes infertility and so on.

My favorite line.....which I would consider as a joke.

"Working closely with health authorities, we looked to balance our commitment to an open platform with the need to remove egregious harmful content," 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/youtube-anti-covid-vaccine-content-misinformation

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
5 hours ago, gregintenn said:

You said my wife would be better in two days. It’s day 9 and she’s still sick. She was fine before the jab....

That's miles off the bell curve -- y'all confirmed something else isn't going on coincidentally to getting the vax? 

- OS

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

We mustn't let both sides of an issue get out. icon-rolleyes-1.gif

YouTube is banning all content the platform says is spreading misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine.

The video-sharing platform gave examples of content falsely claiming the coronavirus vaccine is dangerous or causes chronic health issues; claims that the vaccine causes autism; claims that the vaccine does not reduce transmission of COVID-19; claims that the vaccine causes infertility and so on.

My favorite line.....which I would consider as a joke.

"Working closely with health authorities, we looked to balance our commitment to an open platform with the need to remove egregious harmful content," 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/youtube-anti-covid-vaccine-content-misinformation

Yes but it's not "both sides" of an issue when some snowflakes are telling other snowflakes that warm temperatures don't cause meltdowns.

Just because folks have opinions does not make them valid or equal to others.

Edited by Swamp ash
13 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

That's miles off the bell curve -- y'all confirmed something else isn't going on coincidentally to getting the vax? 

- OS

I don't pretend to know. She was fine, got the jab, and has been sick fore more than a week. Probably not related, but I can't prove that either. We'll wait for Daniel to tell us.😁

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gregintenn said:

I don't pretend to know. She was fine, got the jab, and has been sick fore more than a week. Probably not related, but I can't prove that either. We'll wait for Daniel to tell us.😁

As soon as that chili kicks in, Daniel may be yelling, "Come and take it, Bitches!" Give the Texas some time 🙂 

22 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

- OS

I'm betting you're right. There have been some bugs floating around that aren't Covid. I got a pretty good one. Actually had to upgrade to Wild Turkey 101 in my hot toddies to cut through the crud.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I'm betting you're right. There have been some bugs floating around that aren't Covid. I got a pretty good one. Actually had to upgrade to Wild Turkey 101 in my hot toddies to cut through the crud.

We've been treating her with Evan Williams. I've even used it as a precautionary measure as well.😁

• Haha 3