SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

22 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I heard on the news today that health insurance companies are getting on the forced vaccination bandwagon now. They are charging around $200 per month extra for those without the vaccine.

Folks should accept personal responsibility for their choices and not expect others to bear the costs for their decisions.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
1 hour ago, Swamp ash said:

Folks should accept personal responsibility for their choices and not expect others to bear the costs for their decisions.

When you get it figured out how to get all my money back from all the taxes and insurance I have paid into the system. You get that money back for me and I won’t be a burden on anybody. 
You made a very broad statement.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RED333 said:

When you get it figured out how to get all my money back from all the taxes and insurance I have paid into the system. You get that money back for me and I won’t be a burden on anybody. 

Wasted breath Red

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, RED333 said:

Divert much? You are now whining about other things that all of us pay, too.

This is about addressing real costs incurred by anti-vaxxers

It's pretty simple - if you want lower health costs, take the free vaccine. If you wish to avoid the vaccine, expect to pay more in medical care. After all, it is sick folks who refused to vaccinate that drive up the costs and clog up hospital services. Setting insurance prices based on risk assessment is accepted business practice and one that is consistent with capitalism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

While I'm firmly in the "folks should take the jab" camp, I have zero belief the costs are being accurately passed downstream here.

The insurance companies are not getting hit with "real costs" as you indicate.  During COVID, they have had phenomenal financial results in 2020, and won't be doing too bad in 2021.  Think of all the outpatient work they didn't have to pay out...all those surgeries that didn't happen, and all the other routine things.  I work in imaging, and we noticed a lot of women just skipped a yearly mammogram. 

My auto insurance sent some small rebates because they realized folks were driving less...but I got zilch from Blue Cross during the same time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I just took an online Coursera course for work, Covid-19 Contact Tracing.  One questions was:   You just discovered in an interview that the contact was illegally in this country, what do you do?  The answer I selected, Immediately terminate the interview and notify DHS of the contact's location, was somehow not the correct answer!  😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Swamp ash said:

That would be awesome! Get rid of health insurance completely and everybody jus pay their damned bills.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Swamp ash said:

It's pretty simple - if you want lower health costs, take the free vaccine. If you wish to avoid the vaccine, expect to pay more in medical care. After all, it is sick folks who refused to vaccinate that drive up the costs and clog up hospital services. Setting insurance prices based on risk assessment is accepted business practice and one that is consistent with capitalism.

Holler back once all the illegals are vaccinated and we’ll talk.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Defender said:

I just took an online Coursera course for work, Covid-19 Contact Tracing.  One questions was:   You just discovered in an interview that the contact was illegally in this country, what do you do?  The answer I selected, Immediately terminate the interview and notify DHS of the contact's location, was somehow not the correct answer!  😜

Of course that's not the correct answer!

The correct answer would have been "Stretch out the interview and keep them them talking until DHS arrives".

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Swamp ash said:

Seems like I'm reading and hearing about a lot of vaxed people getting Covid and many that die.  Plus Im reading that vaxed folks can still spread it...I g9ot the Moderna and the booster, due to my age and health issues, but I'm really wondering about  this whole issue.  I also wear a mask inside places that require it, but Im reading much about how that might also be ineffective...I HATE that this whole issue has turned into a political thing, but come on, man.  Where's the truth?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Defender said:

Seems like I'm reading and hearing about a lot of vaxed people getting Covid and many that die.  Plus Im reading that vaxed folks can still spread it...I g9ot the Moderna and the booster, due to my age and health issues, but I'm really wondering about  this whole issue.  I also wear a mask inside places that require it, but Im reading much about how that might also be ineffective...I HATE that this whole issue has turned into a political thing, but come on, man.  Where's the truth?

I got the Moderna. When the Delta variant came through the house I didn't get it when my wife did. She got the J&J. One of my daughters also took the J&J and didn't get it.

1 minute ago, E4 No More said:

I got the Moderna. When the Delta variant came through the house I didn't get it when my wife did. She got the J&J. One of my daughters also took the J&J and didn't get it.

Talk about luck of the draw, did y’all Take any special precautions? I’m curious how one could get it and two did not. When my family had it a year ago this month we all had it within days.

3 hours ago, Defender said:

Many vaccinated covid patients die you are reading?  Where are you reading that?  Please link it.  

You hate that it has become political yet you dont believe the truth because it doesnt align with your political views.

The emperor has no clothes.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I hope your wife's condition has improved.

29 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Many vaccinated covid patients die you are reading?  Where are you reading that?  Please link it.  

You hate that it has become political yet you dont believe the truth because it doesnt align with your political views.

Seems like @Defenderis trying to do the right thing but understandably questions the barrage of conflicting information we are all being overwhelmed with.

Is it now wrong to question such things?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I haven’t read it (probably not published anyway), but I know more vaccinated people who have died than I do unvaccinated. 

3 vax 

2 un

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1