SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I have a real bad feeling that Covid is nowhere near over. 

It will never be over. 

First of all, it’s a virus.  Unless the entire human population suddenly has a burst of evolution to overcome the endless mutations this and any other virus are capable of, it will always be with us.

Second, the fundamental change in society it has brought about in less than two years is frightening and rather disturbing, but is quite lucrative for our “overlords”.  World governments and their endless supply of bureaucrats and mouthpieces have found a great way to exert their ultimate power.

That being said, I still do not take the Covid situation lightly and recommend the basic precautions we have been given and advised on.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
12 hours ago, Garufa said:

It will never be over. 

First of all, it’s a virus.  Unless the entire human population suddenly has a burst of evolution to overcome the endless mutations this and any other virus are capable of, it will always be with us.

Second, the fundamental change in society it has brought about in less than two years is frightening and rather disturbing, but is quite lucrative for our “overlords”.  World governments and their endless supply of bureaucrats and mouthpieces have found a great way to exert their ultimate power.

That being said, I still do not take the Covid situation lightly and recommend the basic precautions we have been given and advised on.

Amen. 

A question that remains for me is ... Is this really a new, novel, unique thing?  Or is this perfectly normal stuff that's been happening for decades that because we're looking for it now, we're finding it.

A similar situation happens at my work fairly regularly.  A new inspector sees something with different eyes and finds a condition no one really paid mind to before. The immediate reaction isz this condition is bad and suddenly every part has it, there's panic in the streets, ....  😱   

Then some actual analysis is done, data is reviewed, the condition has likely been there all along, and its not really that big of a deal.  Until the next new thing shows up. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, peejman said:

Amen. 

A question that remains for me is ... Is this really a new, novel, unique thing?  Or is this perfectly normal stuff that's been happening for decades that because we're looking for it now, we're finding it.

A similar situation happens at my work fairly regularly.  A new inspector sees something with different eyes and finds a condition no one really paid mind to before. The immediate reaction isz this condition is bad and suddenly every part has it, there's panic in the streets, ....  😱   

Then some actual analysis is done, data is reviewed, the condition has likely been there all along, and its not really that big of a deal.  Until the next new thing shows up. 

Nothing is new. We simple cycle through them every so often and then rinse and repeat. What's different about these last couple years is the ability to easily brain wash people with rhetoric repeated through every media outlet available to us. The stark contrast being some poor old recluse bastard that doesn't own any modern technology that's living his daily life just like he has been. This is NOT specific to Covid I'm speaking in general.

• Like 5
On 11/27/2021 at 4:35 PM, Snaveba said:

My wife and I are on the way  to get our boosters now. 

So no side effects except pain at the injection site, not unlike a tetanus shot. 

I am a bit sore all over, but I did spend most of Friday on my hands and knees scrubbing the tile floor if my in-law’s kitchen.  At 81 & 82, they have a harder time keeping the floor clean. 

UPDATE Had a low grade fever this evening (100.3). I was 99% sure it was a reaction to the booster, but I did a home test anyway. Thank the Lord it was negative. 

Edited by Snaveba
Update to post.
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

What's different about these last couple years is the ability to easily brain wash people with rhetoric repeated through every media outlet available to us.

The left has had the lairs in their pocket for a good bit time. Since the interweb came along a hole lot more brain dead are now listening and voting for promised dollars and getting pennies and not caring how their vote rips the country apart.

Some of the brain dead are getting what has been going on, now the leftest commies are importing more brain dead with promises.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RED333 said:

The left has had the lairs in their pocket for a good bit time. Since the interweb came along a hole lot more brain dead are now listening and voting for promised dollars and getting pennies and not caring how their vote rips the country apart.

Some of the brain dead are getting what has been going on, now the leftest commies are importing more brain dead with promises.

FWIW I was NOT trying to steer this toward politics. We all know where we are at in this country and if it's where YOU want to be in life then congrats to you, the world is now your oyster.

What I'm referring to is the non stop coaching of every aspect of peoples lives. It's as if people have now turned to social media and the MSM for instructions on how to do anything. Some stuff you just find out with trial and error. To me failure is the most teachable lesson that can be given. I have the scars to prove it works 🙂

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I can't help notice the media seems to recycle COVID as the main headline every time there is a slow period in unrelated news. As soon as something more interesting happens we stop hearing about COVID for a month or so. 

giphy.gif

I think that we live in a world with too much information. The problem is that much of it is incorrect information, intentional misinformation,  or flat out lies. Unfortunately, many of the brain dead (as you rightfully call them) can't figure out which is which.  After all, if its on the internet it must be true. 🙄

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

I that we live in a world with too much information. The problem is that much of it is incorrect information, intentional misinformation,  or flat out lies. Unfortunately, many of the brain dead (as you rightfully call them) can't figure out which is which.  After all, if its on the internet it must be true. 🙄

And here is the Mother of all Covid assesments I'v ever read off the net! Thing is, some of this has all ready been proven to be quite factual. As for the rest.... 17 pages of source Foot Notes are included in the original PDF link.  Incase it doesn't come threw, Its called the Spartacus COVID letter. Some interesting angles for sure! 

"Damn You To Hell, You Will Not Destroy America" - Here Is The 'Spartacus COVID Letter' That's Gone Viral | ZeroHedge

7 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

To me failure is the most teachable lesson that can be given. I have the scars to prove it works

I as well have the scars, some are the kind we all need, I have a few I wish I did not.

• Like 1

Well...that was quite a read. I won't pretend I understood all or even a portion of it. But there are things in this to really make you wonder just what is going on. And even if you don't believe a word of it...can you read it without getting a real bad feeling for our future? I couldn't.

How much, if any, of this document is true? I guess that's up to you to decide.

Personally, I see some scary truths in it. Sure maybe just a lot of coincidences and bovine scatology from any source you care to name. But just enough to give me pause. I need to talk this over with my medical resource staff...my wife that is. She has steadfastly declined any vaccines. Her choice. She could be correct in doing so.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

I mentioned this before but when it comes to actual fake news it seems to be more prevalent on right wing websites. I'm not talking about biased news we see on liberal outlets either. I also don't trust those sites at all from a privacy and security standpoint. If I see zero hedge I won't even open it anymore. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I mentioned this before but when it comes to actual fake news it seems to be more prevalent on right wing websites. I'm not talking about biased news we see on liberal outlets either. I also don't trust those sites at all from a privacy and security standpoint. If I see zero hedge I won't even open it anymore. 

I'm glad I was blessed with A+ role models growing up. Both being born in 1921 they went through a lot of sh!t growing up and that allowed me not to have to suck the tit that is the internet for daily guidance lol. 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I heard it wasn't really a big deal either. Anything to screw up people lives.

From what I have read this mutation just might cause the chicom crap to go away, give everybody that gets it immunity.

• Like 1

Zero deaths reported from omicron on the news today. ho hummm..... Oh, as for Zero Hedge? Its one of some dozen different various sights that put the PDF letter out. Zero Hedge Didn't write it.  I never pulled that sight up before but the PDF content is in fact the same as the other sights. So who gives a rats ass who floats it? Funny how some folks put an invisible turnakit around their info sources yet the ones they may use package it more appealingly. When really, its the same crap, different stink. 😉  Like I all ways said, you have to dig threw a pile of ####e to find a seed of truth. In the end, with a discriminating, yet unbias ability to discern various points of view, you just might hit some form of jack pot in this manure business call mass media. 

• Like 4
  • Moderators

I'm far from being a virologist, but my understanding is that often you'll see viruses mutate to become less deadly over time (survival of the fittest type thing). I'm really, really hoping that's something we may be seeing with Ominicron? I think I've seen several various reports that "symptoms are mild"?

The problem with a virus spreading? More chances to mutate.