SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

The state Atty General stepped in after Gov. Lee declared a state of emergency which activated the anti-price gouging measures. The stockpile is being “donated”.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1239238799273623554

Good.  Leave them a few bottles for insertion or better yet help them out and see that it’s done properly, lol.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

@Chucktshoes you may have seen this already but they have lifted hours of service rules for drivers.

Edit-only for goods related to the outbreak.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/its-official-fmcsa-waives-hos-nationwide-for-covid-19-related-movement

Good to know. Some of that will absolutely affect me. “Food for the emergency restocking of stores” is pretty much what I do. 

Edited to add: I say that, but I’ll be home Tuesday, it won’t matter to me until I head back out to work. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Moderators
21 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

It may be a garden hose on a house fire, but the Federal Reserve just cut rates to zero and announced a $700m quantitative easing package:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/15/fed-unveils-emergency-action-effort-to-support-economy-from-coronavirus-130608

If we hadn’t been running on so many years of almost free money and loose monetary policy, it would have a much bigger effect. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Fox News may be taking this seriously NOW but they were not before. The difference in coverage last week between networks was obvious. 

Tucker Carlson has been covering this seriously for the last 3 weeks.

• Admin Team
26 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

If we hadn’t been running on so many years of almost free money and loose monetary policy, it would have a much bigger effect. 

Yeah, that means the Fed’s magazines are pretty well empty at this point.  

• Like 4
On 3/15/2020 at 2:36 PM, MacGyver said:

I don’t consume a lot of traditional media.

I can’t remember the last time a TV was on in my house tuned to anything of the sort.

But, your media is purposefully misleading you right now. For whatever the reason.

You need to take this seriously - if for no other reason than the country is going to get more liberal if you die.

I'm not a smart man, but...

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/jennifer-rubin-on-msnbc-more-republicans-than-democrats-will-die-of-covid-19-because-fox-news-isnt-scaring-the-hell-of-them/

Edited by mikegideon
  • Authorized Vendor
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

The state Atty General stepped in after Gov. Lee declared a state of emergency which activated the anti-price gouging measures. The stockpile is being “donated”.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1239238799273623554

I don’t trust the government to distribute the supplies effectively. Now these guys are assholes but the fact remains the stores and local governments could have implemented limits on those items, but they didn't. So when CV devolves society further will the government come rob everyone that prepared next for the greater good? I’m sorry, I thought this was America. Besides...If you bought hand sanitizer for 70$ you deserve to be gouged. This is wrong on so many levels: fear buying in desperation, cut-throat exploitation during a pandemic and government theft of private property.

• Like 3
  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, Grand Torino said:

I don’t trust the government to distribute the supplies effectively. Now these guys are assholes but the fact remains the stores and local governments could have implemented limits on those items, but they didn't. So when CV devolves society further will the government come rob everyone that prepared next for the greater good? I’m sorry, I thought this was America. Besides...If you bought hand sanitizer for 70$ you deserve to be gouged. This is wrong on so many levels: fear buying in desperation, cut-throat exploitation during a pandemic and government theft of private property.

Agreed on all points. 

1 minute ago, Garufa said:

What exactly is that supposed to accomplish?  Are they only going to allow the healthiest 100 in at a time?  

Not sure, with the state of emergency in place it gave new powers to protect public health.

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

It may be a garden hose on a house fire, but the Federal Reserve just cut rates to zero and announced a $700m quantitative easing package:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/15/fed-unveils-emergency-action-effort-to-support-economy-from-coronavirus-130608

Would have loved to take advantage and consider a home purchase...but my porfolio is down 20% in the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, Oh Shoot said:

I don't think this link mentioned yet in thread?

TN state stats, updated daily at 2PM:

https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html

- OS

So it takes a pandemic to bring you out from under a rock? 🤣

Good to see you posting, thanks for the link!

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Lower Broadway too

20 minutes ago, RED333 said:

TV screen shot, my boss just told me it will day to day for a bit.

15945.jpeg

A lot of Broadway bar and restaurant owners have already said they are staying open. They said Cooper can ask but unless it is a statewide order they are staying open.