SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Oh Shoot said:

If you could separate the "controversial" parts, sure. But otherwise, what is more pressing a matter these days? There's a lot of real "unadorned" info in here.

Hell, I even do math to post the ongoing TN daily death rate updates.

Oh, right, I forgot, the whole thing is word's biggest hoax, nobody dies from Covid at all.

- OS

I think you misunderstand me. 

This topic shouldn’t be controversial, but it is hot button. The new section is set up to limit input from those who maybe haven’t garnered standing through participation here. @TGO Davidalready banned someone who just joined only to immediately post in this thread using a proxy IP. Pretty sure it was one of our recently departed “friends”. 

My thought behind moving it was in the hope of possibly improving the signal to noise ratio, not hiding it away. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

This topic shouldn’t be controversial, but it is hot button. The new section is set up to limit input from those who maybe haven’t garnered standing through participation here. @TGO Davidalready banned someone who just joined only to immediately post in this thread using a proxy IP. Pretty sure it was one of our recently departed “friends”. 

My thought behind moving it was in the hope of possibly improving the signal to noise ratio, not hiding it away. 

OIC. Well,

QzvY0Wc.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
28 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Maybe we move it after the forum software finishes flagging folks to be able to participate.  It's a slow grind right now, but I am also purging accounts of people who haven't visited in a few years.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I see one that got banned already, due to his deleted posts.  That new poster, posted very much like him, I thought.  Figure that's who it was.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

This topic shouldn’t be controversial, but it is hot button.

It's controversial because our political class used it as a bludgeon. One would think that those in government would attack a subject like the virus in a non-partisan way with the good of all Americans in-mind. Sadly, it was immediately politicized, and contradictory information flowed freely.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

It will be interesting to see how they treat this.  If they drag their feet on this, or at the very least treat it in the same speedy approval method they did the vaccines, then there will be more reason for me to avoid getting one.

https://andmagazine.com/talk/2020/12/17/india-develops-covid-treatment-kit-for-2-65-per-person-u-s-doctors-just-testified-before-senate-it-works/

Recently, Dr. Pierre Kory appeared before a Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs to discuss his team’s use of Ivermectin in treating and preventing COVID-19. Dr. Kory testified that he believes COVID-19 patients should be treated much earlier than the current CDC guidelines recommend. Kory provided an information packet that contained documentation on his team’s use of Ivermectin in treating COVID patients, along with studies of Ivermectin’s successful use world wide, in all disease phases and begged the USG agencies responsible to review the information and issue guidelines for Ivermectin’s early use in treating COVID-19.

It seems India had already discovered Ivermectin’s efficacy in treating the SAR COv2 virus back in August of this year. In the Indian Express on 8 August the following headline appeared: “New Protocol Ivermectin to replace HCQ (Hydroxychloroquine) in treatment of Covid patients.” The newspaper noted that sources in the government said that the decision to replace Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) with Ivermectin was taken after encouraging results in Agra, where it was used on an experimental basis.

Now, the treatment protocol specified by Dr. Kory and his team is being manufactured in India under the brand name “Ziverdo Kit” and costs approximately $2.65 per person. The Indian version of the protocol substitutes a less expensive anti-biotic than in Dr. Kory’s protocol.

As noted in an earlier article in AND, Ivermectin has been around for over fifty years and is considered a very safe drug. Dr. Kory and his team also recommend that individuals at high risk of not dealing well with COVID-19 consider taking Ivermectin prophylactically as well – after an initial two day dosing, the drug is then taken monthly.

4 hours ago, Darrell said:

It's controversial because our political class used it as a bludgeon. One would think that those in government would attack a subject like the virus in a non-partisan way with the good of all Americans in-mind. Sadly, it was immediately politicized, and contradictory information flowed freely.

See, there's the controversy, as I'd say "our political class", meaning the Trump admin, which means Trump alone, treated the whole thing as a nation wide case of the sniffles. As soon as DJT realized that the state of the economy was the only possible saving grace to win the election, dead Americans became an inconvenience rather than a priority.

- OS

• Like 2
  • Dislike 4

Having been in the hospital one week ago yesterday I will say they are being very vigilant. NO one goes in without a temp check, answering questions and so on. A green medical mask is required for entry. No cotton, handkerchief, scarf, Gucci, designer type masks at all are allowed. Oh, and only one person can enter with the patient. And no children. 

Edited by Randall53
On 12/18/2020 at 12:44 PM, Omega said:

It will be interesting to see how they treat this.  If they drag their feet on this, or at the very least treat it in the same speedy approval method they did the vaccines, then there will be more reason for me to avoid getting one.

https://andmagazine.com/talk/2020/12/17/india-develops-covid-treatment-kit-for-2-65-per-person-u-s-doctors-just-testified-before-senate-it-works/

Theres no money for the pharmaceutical lobbiests to make selling Ivermectin OR Hydroxychloraquine, hence why you will not hear about.

... But an unproven methodology and totally novel vaccine is trumpeted from every mountain top, isn't it? Remember when they were pushing remdisivr on us and saying theres no proof vitamin D works? Ahhh, good times!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Memphis is on fire! Over 6000 active cases, Up 625 from yesterday.  Death toll now at 783. 23 people died yesterday. I think this may be a new and very sad record. 😢

I wonder what the odds are that this has mutated into something more fierce and potent and possible, God forbid, resistant to the new vaccines? 

5 minutes ago, Randall53 said:

I wonder what the odds are that this has mutated into something more fierce and potent and possible, God forbid, resistant to the new vaccines? 

You mean like the flu ? Nah ! 

The UK has already announced they found a new strain or different strain. 

On 12/16/2020 at 2:50 PM, Moped said:

Since my last report, above, there have been 2,470 new positive cases in Knox County. That's a hair under the avg of 500 per day. If you you just take into account the last 4 days the average is 519 new cases per day. The death toll attributed to COVID has risen to 234, 26 new deaths in 5 days. 

Stats take from the The daily report by the Knox County Health Department.

Knox County hit a new one day high today, 724 new cases. Since My last report here, there have been another 1,652 new cases and deaths rose to 258. That’s 24 more deaths. This is from the Thanksgiving holiday. 

Stats take from the daily report by the Knox County Health Department.

Edited by Moped
  • Admin Team

Governor Lee is holding a press conference tomorrow at 1900CST. I’ll be surprised if he says much - despite his wife testing positive today.

I expect another stern talking to like he did this week while we were waiting fir the vaccines to be delivered to the photo op at Vanderbilt.

Police and health department responded to a big wedding tonight in the Wedgewood-Houston neighborhood. Apparently his son was in the wedding party. 

• Wow 1
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Police and health department responded to a big wedding tonight in the Wedgewood-Houston neighborhood. Apparently his son was in the wedding party. 

How appropriate and timely. Dovetails nicely with this bit of comedic commentary. 
*Lamguage warning*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Moped said:

Knox County hit a new one day high today, 724 new cases. Since My last report here, there have been another 1,652 new cases and deaths rose to 258. That’s 24 more deaths. This is from the Thanksgiving holiday. 

Stats take from the daily report by the Knox County Health Department.

What an honor.  We are a hot zone.

Edited by Garufa