SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

Required for the unvaccinated or all?  Kroger in Knoxville makes the distinction, at least as of yesterday.

It’s a new corporate policy, however not even the employees are following. Seems more of political theater than true concern for public health 

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

For what it’s worth, I don’t see further lockdowns coming.

Yes, the coming surge related to the delta variant is going to suck.  But, participation is almost entirely optional for anyone over 12 this time.

You may see some capacity restrictions in areas suffering hotspots.  But no one has the political capital to order more lockdowns.  

• Like 3

Maybe its just here. Could be entirely up to the local manager for all I know. But its getting worse and the vast majority of the people who are dying now are un-vaccinated. 

Taking the vaccine or not is a personal choice. I can respect that. But this is a major HEALTH issue. Over 600,000 Americans are already dead.  Why are so many trying to make it political? I'm all for freedom, but it doesn't matter if you're dead.  

3 hours ago, MacGyver said:

For what it’s worth, I don’t see further lockdowns coming.

Yes, the coming surge related to the delta variant is going to suck.  But, participation is almost entirely optional for anyone over 12 this time.

You may see some capacity restrictions in areas suffering hotspots.  But no one has the political capital to order more lockdowns.  

This.  Plus municipalities and states with balanced budget rules can't afford to cut off tax revenue again. 

I'm fine with keeping things open, and think businesses should get to decide if masks are required for entry.  We're going to have to shift to an active management phase in all this, might as well do so now.

This should really test the "Super Spreader" theory. whistle.gif

Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to attend the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota as more Americans attend large gatherings this year following last year's coronavirus lockdowns.  

The rally kicked off Friday and will last over 10 days with 700,000 people expected to attend. The event was widely criticized as a "superspreading event" last year amid the pandemic, when about 460,000 people attended. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-thousands-coronavirus

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Can you confirm this data is accurate? If so, it reaffirms what I've thought all along. I've been looking for similar data and couldn't find it.

I'd give it little credence. That "info" is 6 months old for one thing. The other thing is that site is one of a bunch registered all about the same time, most if not all of which never went live. Looks to me like an attempt to hawk "health" related products that never got off the ground.

Personal registration info hidden, but since most of the content is in Spanish, well, whatever...

- OS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, xsubsailor said:

Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to attend the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota as more Americans attend large gatherings this year following last year's coronavirus lockdowns.  

The rally kicked off Friday and will last over 10 days with 700,000 people expected to attend. The event was widely criticized as a "superspreading event" last year amid the pandemic, when about 460,000 people attended. 

Or dumbo’s birthday party…

https://nypost.com/2021/08/07/barack-obamas-birthday-bash-at-marthas-vineyard-guest-list-john-legend-chrissy-teigen-dwayne-wade/

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AuEagle said:

The true argument to this is somewhere in the middle. While there is an increase every year, you see a spike in 2020 that doesn't equal 360k. The virus no doubt killed a lot of people that would have died in 2020 anyway. It's hard to see this fact just looking at end numbers. It also killed people that wouldn't have naturally died in 2020 and that's the increase. It'll be interesting to see the 2021 numbers. We'll never know how many died from the virus due to all the fraud and incentive for it to be covid. 

• Like 5
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

If Lollapalooza didn't already test that theory, Sturgis likely won't.

• Like 6