SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

• Authorized Vendor
5 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

My wife’s grandmother lived in a house that came from Sears in kit form. It was shipped to Hartsville via train.

The house I came home to as a baby was a kit house from Sears. We lived in that house till 1959.

Edited by Grand Torino
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, Grand Torino said:

The house I came home to as a baby was a kit house from Sears. We lived in that house till 1959.

This one still stands. Her uncle stays there when he’s up here. It is a very nice house for the time period from which it was constructed.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Luckyforward said:

Hit your local Newspaper seller.... Especially the Sunday Edition....

I have access to cases of printer paper. 5000 sheets will go a long way if it comes to it. If it gets that bad, I doubt we could still flush anyway. 

• Haha 1
  • Authorized Vendor
11 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

This one still stands. Her uncle stays there when he’s up here. It is a very nice house for the time period from which it was constructed.

We moved into a bigger house. The last time I was back there was 1995 and the house was still as pretty as a picture.

• Like 1

Just remember, when the first case arrives it's been there, spreading, potentially a week or more (4.5 days serial interval, up to 14 days incubation period).

Turns out if you cough loud enough you don't have to wait in line at the grocery store though 🧐

• Haha 1
  • Admin Team

If you’ve got people out of the country - bows probably the time to come back if you’re planning to.  State Department just issued a Level 4 advisory telling people they should either plan to come home or stay abroad indefinitely:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/travel-advisory-alert-global-level-4-health-advisory-issue.html#.XnPHGUBrXPM.twitter

Word is a shelter in place is forthcoming. 

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

If you’ve got people out of the country - bows probably the time to come back if you’re planning to.  State Department just issued a Level 4 advisory telling people they should either plan to come home or stay abroad indefinitely:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/travel-advisory-alert-global-level-4-health-advisory-issue.html#.XnPHGUBrXPM.twitter

You think a shelter in place order will really happen? Reckon how thoroughly it would be enforced?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

This is no bueno. I have a contractor friend who’s been trapped in Baghdad since this #### went sideways. As should be expected, it is his last tour as he’s giving up contracting for the wife and kiddies. I hope they can get him out before things lock down. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

You think a shelter in place order will really happen? Reckon how thoroughly it would be enforced?

I think he is talking about those in foreign countries. Get out now or stay.

Shelter in place is already here.

4 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I’m talking about the government telling me I can’t leave my house. You think that’ll happen?

Governor Gavin Newsom said during a press conference on Tuesday he would consider implementing martial law if it was necessary to curb the novel virus. 

“We have the ability to do martial law ... if we feel the necessity,” he said. 

Issuing martial law would be an unprecedented move rarely used by officials in US history. If enacted, it would temporarily replace civil rule with military authority.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-california-martial-law-shelter-in-place-lockdown-army-a9410256.html

4 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I’m talking about the government telling me I can’t leave my house. You think that’ll happen?

They can tell you that but it is totally unenforceable.  There are not enough cops, national guard, or active duty military in this country to stop people from getting about.  

The truth about numbers is one thing, most people will comply if ordered to stay home, but...tomorrow is the first day of Spring.  I don’t know about the rest of you but East Tennessee hasn’t seen two warm sunny days in a row in months.  People are going to start getting anxious and out.

• Like 2

I seem to remember Bruce Willis (General William Devereaux) giving a good speech about not hoping for martial law. I can’t find it, all I can find is The speech Denzel Washington (FBI Agent) gave when he arrested the General. Or, maybe I’m thinking of a different movie. But we surely don’t want martial law.

And we don’t want Marshall law either; that would be worse. :taunt:

We are as close as we have ever been to martial law.

We are as close as we have ever been to the likelihood of armed gangs roaming the streets.

We are as close as we have ever been, as a nation, of citizens needing the arms referred to in the 2nd amendment.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

We are as close as we have ever been to martial law.

We are as close as we have ever been to the likelihood of armed gangs roaming the streets.

We are as close as we have ever been, as a nation, of citizens needing the arms referred to in the 2nd amendment.

I agree. Further, I place much more blame on the media than the virus.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I agree. Further, I place much more blame on the media than the virus.

I’d like to, but I can’t. The President of the United States is standing on that stage surround by top medical people in the country saying this is the real deal. I don’t believe they are all lying, and I doubt any of them, other than the politicians, are driven by politics.

Could this be fake? I think its like those claiming the moon landing was fake. It would require more people acting together and keeping their mouths shut than is possible. Especially when you still have people in this administration desperate to uncover anything this President has done wrong. It would also require that other countries, like Italy, to be involved.

• Like 4