SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

This kind of thing just makes me nuts.  (See AuEagle's post above.)  We have PHD's on both sides of the issue giving us opposing information, and all of it seems reasonable to me. One group of smart people telling me that the virus originated in a lab in Wuhan. Another group of smart people telling me that it's unlikely. One group of smart people telling me a paper mask is going to help alleviate spread of the virus (which I find implausible), another group telling me paper masks are going to save us all. We have Dr. Fauci telling us that masks aren't going to do anything, and few months later suggesting we wear two. We have candidates Joe Biden and Kamela Harris telling us they don't trust the "Trump" vaccine, but President Biden and Vice President Harris tell us that taking the vaccine is mandatory. Our "scientific experts" and the political class really should get their act together and stop confusing the issue with contradictory proclamations every fourth day!

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Darrell said:

This kind of thing just makes me nuts.  (See AuEagle's post above.)  We have PHD's on both sides of the issue giving us opposing information, and all of it seems reasonable to me. One group of smart people telling me that the virus originated in a lab in Wuhan. Another group of smart people telling me that it's unlikely. One group of smart people telling me a paper mask is going to help alleviate spread of the virus (which I find implausible), another group telling me paper masks are going to save us all. We have Dr. Fauci telling us that masks aren't going to do anything, and few months later suggesting we wear two. We have candidates Joe Biden and Kamela Harris telling us they don't trust the "Trump" vaccine, but President Biden and Vice President Harris tell us that taking the vaccine is mandatory. Our "scientific experts" and the political class really should get their act together and stop confusing the issue with contradictory proclamations every fourth day!

We finally agree on something  icon-smile-1.gif

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, asu174 said:

You spreading this complete bull#### is the problem…not the “jabbed”.🙄

I am vaccinated (J&J). If I get covid, I am going to have mild to NO symptoms. But I am going to be plenty contagious. THAT was the point of that post. Maybe you should yell at somebody else.

The POINT is that the vaccines don't directly stop the spread. The proper statement would probably be that the jabbed are part of the problem. People need the damn shot.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I am vaccinated (J&J). If I get covid, I am going to have mild to NO symptoms. But I am going to be plenty contagious. THAT was the point of that post. Maybe you should yell at somebody else.

The POINT is that the vaccines don't directly stop the spread. The proper statement would probably be that the jabbed are part of the problem. People need the damn shot.

17 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Agree on all points, however that’s not what that quack article says- not even close.  

39 minutes ago, asu174 said:

Agree on all points, however that’s not what that quack article says- not even close.  

The first half is right. Somebody needs to bring more evidence on Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine. Fact is though, these "vaccines" won't do effective eradication. And, I can be a spreader.

Last I checked, India stopped using Ivermectin as a treatment. Not a good endorsement.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mikegideon said:

I think it's stuck in insufficient data land.

I don't know if the data is insufficient or not. There's good, bad & ugly info on both sides of the vax.

What I know is personal, family, & friends experience with this flu.

I'm glad you & others got the jab, I hope you & the others get as many subsequent boosters that you feel necessary, one every month if you like.

This is freedom to do as one see's fit.

All I care is that no one tries to force me or my loved ones to get it, that's all.

I also hope anyone who got the jab has no bad reactions.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, AuEagle said:

I don't know if the data is insufficient or not. There's good, bad & ugly info on both sides of the vax.

What I know is personal, family, & friends experience with this flu.

I'm glad you & others got the jab, I hope you & the others get as many subsequent boosters that you feel necessary, one every month if you like.

This is freedom to do as one see's fit.

All I care is that no one tries to force me or my loved ones to get it, that's all.

I also hope anyone who got the jab has no bad reactions.

Problem is, the people who are supposed to be guiding this with science have been contaminated with political activism. I'm talking the FDA, CDC, and that sawed off little Cockwomble. Nobody knows who to trust, and everybody knows that some drugs have been forbidden because they were mentioned by some politician. The politicians and scientists with their thumbs on the scale should be going to prison. Getting vaccinated has always been a no brainer to me. It was the easiest way to fight those assholes.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Problem is, the people who are supposed to be guiding this with science have been contaminated with political activism. I'm talking the FDA, CDC, and that sawed off little Cockwomble. Nobody knows who to trust, and everybody knows that some drugs have been forbidden because they were mentioned by some politician. The politicians and scientists with their thumbs on the scale should be going to prison. Getting vaccinated has always been a no brainer to me. It was the easiest way to fight those assholes.

I agree & getting your vax was/is your free choice.

4 hours ago, AuEagle said:

I agree & getting your vax was/is your free choice.

It needs to be everybody's free choice. It's a complicated one for most folks too. Mine was pretty easy. I got stuff on the list.

I have a dead friend or two that made the wrong choice. I'm real tired of going through that. But, not my place to demand. And try to give me the Rona and I'll spit it back at you. 🙂 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mikegideon said:

It needs to be everybody's free choice. It's a complicated one for most folks too. Mine was pretty easy. I got stuff on the list.

I have a dead friend or two that made the wrong choice. I'm real tired of going through that. But, not my place to demand. And try to give me the Rona and I'll spit it back at you. 🙂 

Sorry about your friends. 

Happily all my family & friends survived it.

I doubt anyone will try to infect you, but you'll be fine as you had the jab, wear a mask or two & no worries.🙂

On 9/13/2021 at 10:09 AM, Alleycat72 said:

I worked with a guy for 3 days the beginning of last week that has Covid-19. A second guy I worked with for one day. In the same office and they road around in my truck. They had symptoms the whole time. No masks. I don't have any symptoms and I tested negative. I had Covid during Christmas and New years last year. I have not been vaccinated. I guess we are going to test the nature immediately thing. Sample of 1. One guy reported me and my phone has been blowing up for contact tracing. 

Haven't developed covid, but I've had a little allergy type thing I'm 95% over.

My LC buddy was over last night. He was giving the J&J vaccine in Iraq a couple of months ago. He said he's never felt so sick after the shot. Last about a day and a half. About a week after that on his daily 5 mile run he developed a blood clot in his calf. Just to be fair, I may have had absolutely nothing to do with the vaccine.

• Sad 2
4 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Sorry about your friends. 

Happily all my family & friends survived it.

I doubt anyone will try to infect you, but you'll be fine as you had the jab, wear a mask or two & no worries.🙂

Only time I wear a mask is when the medical offices force me. I can dodge a spewing Walmart shopper.

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

Haven't developed covid, but I've had a little allergy type thing I'm 95% over.

My LC buddy was over last night. He was giving the J&J vaccine in Iraq a couple of months ago. He said he's never felt so sick after the shot. Last about a day and a half. About a week after that on his daily 5 mile run he developed a blood clot in his calf. Just to be fair, I may have had absolutely nothing to do with the vaccine.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/coronavirus-vaccine-blood-clots

Certainly possible.