SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I’d like to, but I can’t. The President of the United States is standing on that stage surround by top medical people in the country saying this is the real deal. I don’t believe they are all lying, and I doubt any of them, other than the politicians, are driven by politics.

Could this be fake? I think its like those claiming the moon landing was fake. It would require more people acting together and keeping their mouths shut than is possible. Especially when you still have people in this administration desperate to uncover anything this President has done wrong. It would also require that other countries, like Italy, to be involved.

Lying about it ? No. Blowing it way the Fu*k up ? Absolutely! Each day we are getting more and more retarded and people WILL reach a point where they will no longer comply. Like Garufa said, 11:50 pm is the official start of spring and TN folk like to be outside. Its what we do.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I’d like to, but I can’t. The President of the United States is standing on that stage surround by top medical people in the country saying this is the real deal. I don’t believe they are all lying, and I doubt any of them, other than the politicians, are driven by politics.

Could this be fake? I think its like those claiming the moon landing was fake. It would require more people acting together and keeping their mouths shut than is possible. Especially when you still have people in this administration desperate to uncover anything this President has done wrong. It would also require that other countries, like Italy, to be involved.

Fake? No.

Way overblown? Definitely.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
20 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

Definitely needs prison time. 

Perfectly legal for senators to do. 

Now if you wanted to put him in the same group with the folks from CTD, I wouldn’t argue. 

50 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Well this thread is a nest of paranoia. You guys should have a drink and load some mags. What will be will be. 

I was thinking earlier, could you imagine the conspiracy theories if Hillary had won. 😆

I remember when people were saying Obama was gonna stick us in FEMA re-education camps. I have to imagine it's mostly democrats buying the guns right now while the rest of us just laugh at the insanity.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Erik88 said:

I was thinking earlier, could you imagine the conspiracy theories if Hillary had won. 😆

I remember when people were saying Obama was gonna stick us in FEMA re-education camps. I have to imagine it's mostly democrats buying the guns right now while the rest of us just laugh at the insanity.

I will say this...there's a whole bunch of real insanity out there right now...so being paranoid is probably just a valid self defense mechanism. Stay safe folks.....

• Like 2
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Well to be fair...any day a Democrat purchases a firearm because they no longer trust the government to protect them...is a good day!

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

Well to be fair...any day a Democrat purchases a firearm because they no longer trust the government to protect them...is a good day!

Or the end of the world as we know it....lol

I have to admit that I decided to pull the trigger on a couple of parts that I needed to include a brace and lower build kit for a pistol upper that I’ve had sitting around for a couple years.  I wanted the sba3 brace and it was cheaper. Someone snaked the last one while I was perusing the BCG’s. Then while I decided I spring for the pdw brace, the cheap BCG’s sold out. All in all, I think the panic cost me an extra $90 that I wouldn’t have spent last week. Even though I thought I had enough, I sure wish I had another 1K .45 rounds. 

Edited by abusfullofnuns
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

Perfectly legal for senators to do. 
Now if you wanted to put him in the same group with the folks from CTD, I wouldn’t argue. 

Insider trading laws don’t apply to legislators? I didn’t look closely at the specifics, because I really don’t know a lot about that, but wasn’t that what was being claimed?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, btq96r said:

California is going to beta test that whole lockdown scenario for us.

Yes, but its voluntary compliance. No one is going to be stopped, unless they are a problem. If businesses are open; that’s all they can do.

That isn’t much difference than what we have been asked to do. They are just trying to make it sound serious by calling it "mandatory".

Edited by DaveTN
  • Moderators
5 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Insider trading laws don’t apply to legislators? I didn’t look closely at the specifics, because I really don’t know a lot about that, but wasn’t that what was being claimed?

The main insider trading statutes don’t apply to legislators, that was amended by the STOCK Act in 2013, but it has so many damn loopholes it’s about useless. If you’ve ever wondered how folks who make $150k a year and have to maintain multiple homes, including one in the über expensive D.C. can spend 10 years in Congress and become deci- or centi-millionaires, now you know. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

The main insider trading statutes don’t apply to legislators, that was amended by the STOCK Act in 2013, but it has so many damn loopholes it’s about useless. If you’ve ever wondered how folks who make $150k a year and have to maintain multiple homes, including one in the über expensive D.C. can spend 10 years in Congress and become deci- or centi-millionaires, now you know. 

I always assumed it was something far less sinister. Like people giving them large sacks of cash to pass legislation.

4 hours ago, MacGyver said:

If you’ve got people out of the country - bows probably the time to come back if you’re planning to.  State Department just issued a Level 4 advisory telling people they should either plan to come home or stay abroad indefinitely:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/travel-advisory-alert-global-level-4-health-advisory-issue.html#.XnPHGUBrXPM.twitter

Word is a shelter in place is forthcoming. 

I heard that too.  Possibly on Monday.

• Admin Team
48 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

This was a rare bipartisan measure that was passed with unanimous consent - imagine that.  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, btq96r said:

California is going to beta test that whole lockdown scenario for us.

For people still on the fence of about the severity of this, CA expects 56% of their entire state to have the virus within the next 8 weeks. It's not the fatality rate, it's the fact that we do not have the resources to take care of that many sick people. The entire state only has 3,700 ICU beds. 

16 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

For people still on the fence of about the severity of this, CA expects 56% of their entire state to have the virus within the next 8 weeks. It's not the fatality rate, it's the fact that we do not have the resources to take care of that many sick people. The entire state only has 3,700 ICU beds. 

I watched him this morning. So the numbers he's claiming amounts to 22.4 million sick people in his state alone. I know they are trying hard to say we are the next Italy but the numbers alone simply don't compute. Once again, I'm not saying people aren't getting sick and this isn't some bad stuff but the comparison to Italy is just trying to cause a panic. And someone help me understand how you would ever be prepared for 22 million sick people in your state ? Yet we keep saying we aren't prepared and hammering at that. I am pretty sure our fellow Tennesseans weren't prepared to have their chit slung for 60 miles but yet here we are.