SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

I guarantee one thing, and I'd bet my truck on this. If Trump had come out 2 months ago and told everyone we need to wear masks, that it was a minor inconvenience but also the right thing to do, most of the country would get behind it. It would be a non-issue, just like the rest of the world where they are doing it. Instead, it's turned into this giant political #### show. 

Seriously, we have folks comparing it to a muslim hijab.

COVID isn't Trump's fault but he may get absolutely crucified for his response this election. I guarantee there are a bunch of older voters in Florida and elsewhere that are seriously conflicted on who to vote for.  Some of these people may like his policies while also feeling like America doesn't care about them. It's been mentioned here many times. "They were old and going to die anyways". 🙄"Gandma's dead but at least we owned the libs and didn't have to wear a mask. It's what she would have wanted."

From a purely political standpoint this was a poor choice. Those that like Trump would still vote for him if he had told us to wear them. Instead, he's refused. Trump needs these people in order to win. Preferably alive....

3 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I guarantee one thing, and I'd bet my truck on this. If Trump had come out 2 months ago and told everyone we need to wear masks, that it was a minor inconvenience but also the right thing to do, most of the country would get behind it. It would be a non-issue, just like the rest of the world where they are doing it. Instead, it's turned into this giant political #### show. 

Seriously, we have folks comparing it to a muslim hijab.

COVID isn't Trump's fault but he may get absolutely crucified for his response this election. I guarantee there are a bunch of older voters in Florida and elsewhere that are seriously conflicted on who to vote for.  Some of these people may like his policies while also feeling like America doesn't care about them. It's been mentioned here many times. "They were old and going to die anyways". 🙄"Gandma's dead but at least we owned the libs and didn't have to wear a mask. It's what she would have wanted."

From a purely political standpoint this was a poor choice. Those that like Trump would still vote for him if he had told us to wear them. Instead, he's refused. Trump needs these people in order to win. Preferably alive....

If anyone is being disenfranchised, it's the non BLM rioter supporting people out there, and I have a feeling they will show up on election day with their minds made up.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Garufa said:

Save your indignation for when a vaccine is released

I've felt from the beginning that when we're at the point of debating the utility of the vaccine widely available, with all the conspiracy theory sure to come, we'll be back to whatever passes as normal for the country.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Because "muh rights" :shakes fist:

Because we live in a time where even a pandemic has become politicized. We can't come together to do anything even remotely kind and decent because everything is viewed through a partisan lens. If we wear a mask it means the libs have somehow won. Next we'll all have to turn in our guns and have Bill Gates microchip our assholes. Anything scientific is also suspicious and linked to the liberal overlords. We can't trust them either. 

If we all put on a condom each time we left the house, we could get rid of STDs. Are in for that too?

Life is full of risks. Live and enjoy it. When it’s your time, it’s your time.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Because "muh rights" :shakes fist:

Because we live in a time where even a pandemic has become politicized. We can't come together to do anything even remotely kind and decent because everything is viewed through a partisan lens. If we wear a mask it means the libs have somehow won. Next we'll all have to turn in our guns and have Bill Gates microchip our assholes. Anything scientific is also suspicious and linked to the liberal overlords. We can't trust them either. 

Microchips are already here... 

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/security/a33003219/michigan-bill-worker-microchips-rfid/

• Angry 1

So it's over-reported and underreported. It's seriously deadly and is also >.05 death rate. Cases are skyrocketing while testing is skyrocketing but percentages of test vs. positives are down. It affects churches but not protest. If you wear a mask you are scared sheeple but morally superior, if you don't you are a selfish, unconcerned, anti-vac conspiracy nut. Also, if you believe mandates attached with criminal code penalities without legal criminal code are unconstitutional but you agree with the idea at the moment you are normal, but If you stand against it in principal and practice, you don't care about other people and blindly follow Trump. CDC and other health officials have admitted they lied and fudged numbers, yet science and their stats are irrefutable. If you debate anything, you hate whatever the opposite is....

Have I missed something?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, Smith said:

So it's over-reported and underreported. It's seriously deadly and is also >.05 death rate. Cases are skyrocketing while testing is skyrocketing but percentages of test vs. positives are down. It affects churches but not protest. If you wear a mask you are scared sheeple but morally superior, if you don't you are a selfish, unconcerned, anti-vac conspiracy nut. Also, if you believe mandates attached with criminal code penalities without legal criminal code are unconstitutional but you agree with the idea at the moment you are normal, but If you stand against it in principal and practice, you don't care about other people and blindly follow Trump. CDC and other health officials have admitted they lied and fudged numbers, yet science and their stats are irrefutable. If you debate anything, you hate whatever the opposite is....

Have I missed something?

What about the murder hornets and the latest swine flu headed this way from Cheena ? 😁

Otherwise spot on 👍

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Smith said:

Have I missed something?

Work in “black lives matter” and I think you pretty well have it covered.

• Haha 1

Knox County added another 93 cases today and one more death, now 9.  Hospitalizations remain at 20.  ICU Bed Occupancy is still at 89% with 30 beds open.That's 489 new cases in the last week.

Edited by Moped

Knox County added another 124 new cases over the last two day.  34 are now hospitalized with 251 ICU beds being used, which only leaves 21 ICU beds open. 10 people have died due to COVID-19.

Based on a note on the website, that I had not noticed before, all the numbers weren't in when this was posted at 10am.  Those numbers will be tacked onto tomorrows statistics. 

This is really tough on the elderly, especially those in assisted living. I had to go to Illinois last week to put my parents in assisted living. They had to be tested and then quarantine in their house for several days waiting for the results. They were both negative.

I told them I would not come to help move their stuff until they were in the facility. I didn’t want to kill my parents. I arrived the day they went in.

They have to be in quarantine for 14 days. Moving from a 3 bedroom house in a retirement community to a 750 Sq. Ft. apartment and then not being able to leave for 14 days is tough. My mom is still in pretty good shape mentally, but my Dad has dementia. So its hard for him to understand what’s going on.

After the quarantine, they are allowed to go out, to go eat, to the store, whatever, but if they do they have to quarantine 14 days again. I don’t suspect that will change until this is totally over, or there is a vaccine.

My Mom could no longer take care of the housework, and they needed to do this. But I feel terrible for them.

I wear a mask when I go in somewhere, to me, its common sense. I have hand sanitizer in the truck and use it whenever I get in or out.

On a lighter note, I needed some beer and Walgreens was the closest place. When I pulled into the lot, I thought, they really take this stuff seriously in Illinois, everyone going in the store was wearing a mask. Then I saw the sign, I don’t know if its all Walgreens or just that one, but they required it to enter the store. I needed beer, so absolutely I wore a mask.

My sister came up from Texas. I told her the folks in the retirement community were probably pretty nervous seeing Tennessee and Texas plates on the vehicles in my parents driveway.

I hope a vaccine becomes available soon. Of course there will be a lot of drama over that. But as soon as my Doctor tells me he thinks it’s safe; I will be there getting it.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DaveTN said:

This is really tough on the elderly, especially those in assisted living. I had to go to Illinois last week to put my parents in assisted living. They had to be tested and then quarantine in their house for several days waiting for the results. They were both negative.

I told them I would not come to help move their stuff until they were in the facility. I didn’t want to kill my parents. I arrived the day they went in.

They have to be in quarantine for 14 days. Moving from a 3 bedroom house in a retirement community to a 750 Sq. Ft. apartment and then not being able to leave for 14 days is tough. My mom is still in pretty good shape mentally, but my Dad has dementia. So its hard for him to understand what’s going on.

After the quarantine, they are allowed to go out, to go eat, to the store, whatever, but if they do they have to quarantine 14 days again. I don’t suspect that will change until this is totally over, or there is a vaccine.

My Mom could no longer take care of the housework, and they needed to do this. But I feel terrible for them.

I wear a mask when I go in somewhere, to me, its common sense. I have hand sanitizer in the truck and use it whenever I get in or out.

On a lighter note, I needed some beer and Walgreens was the closest place. When I pulled into the lot, I thought, they really take this stuff seriously in Illinois, everyone going in the store was wearing a mask. Then I saw the sign, I don’t know if its all Walgreens or just that one, but they required it to enter the store. I needed beer, so absolutely I wore a mask.

My sister came up from Texas. I told her the folks in the retirement community were probably pretty nervous seeing Tennessee and Texas plates on the vehicles in my parents driveway.

I hope a vaccine becomes available soon. Of course there will be a lot of drama over that. But as soon as my Doctor tells me he thinks it’s safe; I will be there getting it.

How do you go about drinking beer with a mask on?

29 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

How do you go about drinking beer with a mask on?

You can’t drink it in the store, they make you buy it first and then take it home to drink it. They have so many crazy rules.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3